• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 628 Views, 10 Comments

The League of Lyras - Redcoat



A very interesting meeting takes place.

  • ...
0
 10
 628

Or maybe this happened

“What is it? You know I always know when you have something to say.” Stated Observant Lyra. “Well,.. what if... we're all versions of Lyra from different universes brought together to the same world?” Quiet Lyra Asked.

The room quickly grew silent. Not even the cricket dared to crick so much as a whisper. Quiet Lyra began to feel very sorry that she had said anything, for not only was every eye in the room on her, she didn't much like the expressions found there-on.

“Well Quiet Lyra, it looks like every one thinks you're crazy.” Captain-obvious Lyra observed. “Y-yeah.” Quiet Lyra agreed in a voice most often associated with a certain yellow pegasus.

“Well.” Started Realistic Lyra. “I don't see why we should throw this idea out the window. It's not nearly as outlandish as some from out last meeting.” And with those words, she had doomed the multiverse theory to the rubbish bin.

The debate may have gone on, or not, but it didn't matter. Because at that moment every stomach in the room let out a rumble, so loud that the Band of Bon-Bons panicked and started huddling under tables and doorways.

There was no earthquake though. It was something much worse than that. The entire League of Lyra was hungry. And what every Bon-Bon knows is that when Lyra is hungry, she goes and gets something to eat. Every member of the Band of Bon-Bons turned their head until they were staring at one mare.

Confectionist Bon-Bon.

She had doomed them all.

A knock at the door ripped their attention away from the mare who had inadvertently put them at such risk, and effectively cleared the front half of the room. “Hello?” Came a faint voice though the double doors. “Um, this is Quiet Lyra, and I was wondering if you have any snacks you could spare? W-we're all really hungry over here in the 'League', heh heh... eh...”

All the mares in the room turned their heads and gazed at Generous Bon-Bon, who was being held down and gagged by Convenient Bon-Bon and Jailor Bon-Bon. They all breathed a sigh of relief, until Spotter Bon-Bon spotted Curious Bon-Bon walked up to the door. She yelled a warning, told Curious Bon-Bon to stay put, that she shouldn't open the doors.

But the thing about curious ponies is, you should never tell them not to do something.

But Spotter Bon-Bon didn't know that, and Curious Bon-Bon opened the gates.

_____

“So this is what your little club is like.” Observed Lyra-who's-friends-with-a-Bon-Bon. “Okay, one, we are a band. We do musical concerts and stuff like all the time. Two, our band is hardly little. We had to split into four different groups. And three, remember to thank Supplier Lyra for the biscuits and tea for me.” Confectionist Bon-Bon said.

“Sure thing. And thanks for the sweets. You know how much the league loves 'em.” Confectionist Bon-Bon nodded her head and watched the rest of the mares in the room. They had divided into small groups once they had received their candy, tea, and biscuits.

Some groups were comprised exclusively of Lyras, others of Bon-Bons, and still others had mixed company. Lyra-who's-friends-with-a-Bon-Bon noticed Changeling Lyra laughing with Conspiracy theorist Lyra and some Bon-Bons. When she asked Confectionist Bon-Bon about who they were, she replied. “That's Suspicious Bon-Bon and Junior Ectobiologist Bon-Bon.”

The Bon-Bons and Lyras laughed and chatted and played shuffleboard and had much fun. And the day ended, they went home, and dreampt no dreams, for Princess Luna was off gallivanting through the countryside in search of a bakery that made moon pies.


End #1