• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,791 Views, 50 Comments

MLPU: Spider-Mare: Cat's Claws - TheInvincibleIronBrony



Spider-Mare faces off against the Black Cat. A new thief in town with a penchant for stealing from criminals.

  • ...
2
 50
 1,791

Mr. Fiscal

Fiscal Year scowled as he read that days issue of the Daily Bugle. Spider-Mare Working With Manehattan Crime Syndicate? He set the paper on his desk and stood up, looking out of his window, observing the skyline of Manehattan as the sun slowly sank below the horizon, straightening the tie that completed the expensive white suit he always wore to work.

The buffalo was large even by the standards of his species. Standing almost three times the height of the average pony. Fiscal looked down at the streets below and could barely make out the citizens as they milled about on the ground.

Fiscal smiled as he remembered the days when he had first moved to the city from his ancestral home in the desert. This city had been run by ponies in those days. Fiscal was filled with pride, knowing that his own success had brought thousands of immigrants to the great country, greatly diversifying the more heavily populated cities. These days nobody looked twice at the Diamond Dog walking down the street or gave the gryphon messengers unneeded hassle. This diversification was great for business as well.

The phone on Fiscal's desk starting ringing, breaking the buffalo's train of thought. He strode back to his desk and pressed a button on the receiver. "Speak," he said in a commanding tone.

"Sir we have unauthorized activity on the roof top," the security guard informed.

Fiscal took a calming breath as he pressed a button on his desk. A television screen slid out of the ceiling and flickered to life. Fiscal smiled at the red and blue clad hero walking across the helicopter pad, bathed in the orange light of the fading sun.

"Well, well. This is an unexpected visit," he said to himself.

"Should we take care of her for you sir?" the security guard asked, making Fiscal chuckle.

"Oh, please. You're hardly a match for her. No I think it would best to simply show her to my office," he ordered.

"But sir," the guard began.

"I've been meaning to speak with her, I just couldn't get a hold of her," he told his henchpony. "Best not to look a gift horse in the mouth," he finished, hanging up without giving the stallion a chance to reply. "This should be fruitful," Fiscal told himself as he turned back to the window.

////////////////////////////

Scootaloo scanned the rooftop for any signs of activity as she made her way to the door she intended to enter the building with. After all, who expected an intruder to came in through the roof access. She'd left Dinky's house right after dinner and decided that tonight was as good as any other night to checkout what Fiscal might be up to.

Scootaloo smiled as she approached the door, taking note of the keypad on the right side under the handle. "This might be a little tricky," she told herself as she placed a hand on the panel, intending to try to open the door without raising the alarm.

Right as Scootaloo placed her hand on the panel, a click sounded from the lock and the door swung inward, much to the heroes shock.

"Great. Guess quiet isn't an option anymore," Scootaloo told herself as she shook off the surprise and entered the building, staying aware of her surroundings as she wearily entered the building.

////////////////////////////////////

Diamond Tiara looked up, towards the top of the building owned by Fiscal Year. No doubt the buffalo paid for top notch security. "So how do I get in?" she asked herself as she approached the doors, adjusting the bag on her back. Diamond trotted up to the security desk as a plan started to form in her mind.

"Excuse me," she called, catching the attention of stallion behind the desk. She guessed he'd been looking at security footage. "Hi. Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you have a bathroom I could use?" she asked, giving the guard an embarrassed smile.

The guard gave her a bored expression. "Down the hall right there," he said, jerking a thumb at the hallway that lead to the elevators behind him.

"This way?" Diamond asked, moving around the desk towards the hallway, being sure to move directly behind the guard.

"Yeah it's on th-oof!" the stallion grunted as Diamond slammed his head into the desk knocking him out.

"Easy enough," Diamond muttered to herself as she pushed the stallion under the desk, using the handcuffs on his belt to keep him chained to the desk. She turned to the various computer screens displaying different parts of the building. She quickly found Fiscal sitting at his desk in his office. "Bingo,"she said as she noted the label under the screen, telling her Fiscal was on the twentieth floor. She slipped her bag off and opened it, taking out the black costume and putting it on.

Diamond had just slipped the mask over her face when a figure on one of the screens caught her eye. Spider-Mare was walking down a flight of stairs that lead up to the roof. "Dammit," Diamond said, trying to figure out why the wall crawler was in the building. "Gonna have to move fast," she told herself as she started scanning the various controls that the guard had behind the desk. Diamond smiled when she read a label under a switch that read Front Door. She flicked the switch to the side that was labeled locked.

"Alright then, let's see what you've got for me," she said, turning to the guard and searching his belt. The only useful thing she could find was a set of keys. She took those and noticed a gun on the guards belt. She gave it a hesitant look before reaching for it. Diamond hefted the weapon in her hand. It felt heavy and Diamond gulped as she stuffed it in her bag and made a dash for the stairs.

/////////////////////////

Scootaloo reached the twentieth floor and pushed on the door, hoping this one would open unlike the previous four doors. To her surprise the door opened and a stallion was standing on the other side standing straight with his eyes on the door the super hero had just come through.

"Am I getting an ambush or an escort?" Scootaloo asked, tensing up as she readied herself for an attack.

The stallion visibly gulped, but remained still. "Mr. Fiscal would like to speak with you," he said tilting his head down the hall. "Fifth door on the left," he instructed.

Scootaloo glanced down the hallway before turning back to the stallion. "Right. Don't suppose he's in there waiting with a shotgun is he?" she asked stepping towards the guard. "Cause if he is, I'll know," she told him, placing her face near his. She stepped back and chuckled at the shivering stallion. "You thugs are too easy," she said, smiling as she walked down the hallway, hearing the guard breath a sigh of relief.

Scootaloo stood in front of the door the guard had specified, a name plate reading Fiscal Year. "Might as well," she told herself as she wearily opened the door, keeping an eye out for anything out of place. As the door opened fully, she spotted the buffalo on the the far side of the room, staring out of the floor to ceiling window.

Fiscal Year turned to the door and smiled. "I was wondering when you'd drop by for a visit," he said calmly as he took a seat behind his desk.

Scootaloo began slowly approaching the desk. "I'm not here for a meet and greet," she said flatly, keeping her eyes open.

"Oh of course. You're here to be a hero, right? Stop the crime boss in his villainess tracks?" Fiscal asked, an amused smile on his face. "In that case you either have some vital piece of evidence that would result in my arrest or you're a child with the stars in her eyes. I'm inclined to think the latter," the buffalo told her. Scootaloo was about to reply, but Fiscal kept going. "I am not a petty criminal. Even if you strung me up in front of a police station, I'd be out in time for bed," he said with a smile.

Scootaloo stopped in front of his desk. "Actually, I came here to snoop, but I guess you've got some tight security," the masked mare informed, making Fiscal smile in pride. "I'll have to keep that in mind next time. For now I suppose I'm mostly just curious about you," she said, staring into the buffalo's eyes.

Fiscal continued smiling. "You could have just watched the news reels. They'd tell you anything I would," he stated, simply.

Scootaloo smiled under her mask. "Good. You're confident. I can work with that," she said as she turned to leave.

"I don't suppose I could simply pay you to leave me be?" Fiscal asked, smiling when Scootaloo froze. "You keep doing your hero thing and I keep my business in order. Everyone wins," he offered, mistaking her stillness for interest.

Scootaloo turned back to the crime boss. "I'm not the kinda mare you can buy. So in case you wanna offer me anything else, save it. I may be a-" Scootaloo stopped mid-sentence as she felt the tingle of her spider sense. She grabbed Fiscal's desk and placed it between herself and the door just as the bullets started ripping through the door.

"Really? An ambush while you're still in here?" she said, looking at Fiscal as the shooting came to a stop.

The buffalo gave her a concerned look as he sat in the cover of the desk. "This wasn't my plan," he said calmly as the door on the other side of the room opened.

Scootaloo peeked out from behind the desk, her eyes widening in surprise. "Why can't it ever be simple?" she asked as the mare in the cat suit from the previous night entered the room, gun at the ready.

Author's Note:

kinda short I know, sort ofhit a dead end in the creative process. Anyway, goingto move on with myother stories before I finish this and also thanks to Telaros, expect a quick one shot ofSpider-Mare soon.... ish

Also a Big thanks to Dark Darsi for grammar checking, thankyou sir, take a bow, round of applause people.

Not much else to say. Stay Tuned.