• Published 14th Oct 2011
  • 4,031 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Pony: Genesis of the Forerunners - Bullet Soul



War is brought to Equestria in a fight for the most powerful weapon in the universe.

  • ...
0
 48
 4,031

Chapter 3: The Confrontation of Three Groups of Eclectics

"Move! Move! Now! I need everypony at Equestrian Fields right now! We have possible contact with an alien race, or races. This is not a drill!" Mercy Soul shouted the command across the entire hangar at the top of Canterlot Castle. Every guard was rushing out of the hangar and taking off to the sky if they were able. The Unicorns would teleport themselves and Earth Ponies to the field. The loud noise of the clammering and clopping of hooves against the cold, hard tile flooring of the hangar was almost unbearable and Washburn had to use ear protection because of his finely tuned sense.

"Mercy!" Silver Heart yelled over the pounding noise of hooves. "Sentinel has seen something."

Mercy Soul turned towards Silver and looked at Memento Mori, "Take over! Guide all the guards and direct them to Equestrian Fields!"

Mori nodded his head, "Yes, sir!"

Mercy Soul trotted his way towards Silver Heart, who led him to the window in which Sentinel was looking out of.

"What do you see Sentinel?" Mercy Soul inquired.

Sentinel gazed into the horizen of Equestria, up at the looming purple stuctures, through his steely eyes. "The purple structures, or whatever they are, seem to be releasing some sort of floating craft, like a flying metal car, and the crafts are coming down to the field south of Sweet Apple Acres."

Mercy Soul followed the watchman's gaze, but saw nothing until a couple of shadows placed themselves as silhouettes against the painted horizen.

"Hmm..." Mercy Soul hummed, trying to figure out what they were.

"And there!" Sentinel spoke up again. "The metal structures are doing the same, but with one craft. Do you think these aliens know each other?"

Mercy Soul thought this over in his head, but Silver Heart spoke up. "Well, they came in from opposite sides of Equestria. So, to me it looks like they are against each other, but then why would they send a party to meet up with each other?"

Mercy Soul continued to follow the crafts as they slowly grew in his vision. "To fight."

Silver Heart took a step back. Blunt combat and battles like that were unheard of in Equestria.

Mercy glanced at a pitch black coated Alicorn. "Shinobi!"

The Alicorn glanced in Mercy's direction. "Yes, sir!"

"I want you to guide Sentinel to scout out the incoming parties of these foreign races. You keep the two of you, you and Sentinel, from being seen. Sentinel!"

The steely eyed Alicorn glanced at his commander.

"You follow Shinobi and tell me everything that you see."

Sentinel and Shinobi nodded. "Yes, sir!"

The two Alicorns galloped towards the hangar's opening and took to the sky, their sihlouettes shrinking as the alien craft's sihlouettes grew.

Silver Heart watched Mercy Soul closely while guards continued to take off to Equestrian Fields. "Do you really believe war may have been brought to Equestria?"

Mercy Soul still watched as his soldiers obeyed his command and flew to the borders of Sweet Apple Acres. "I hope it hasn't. But whether I believe it has or not... that's different."





"Granny Smith! Big Mac! Apple Bloom!" Applejack raced to the barn of Sweet Apple Acres, and saw who she was looking for, along with an extra Pony.

She stopped when she reached the barn. "Braeburn?"

The light yellow Colt turned towards his cousin with his smile. "Well, howdy there cuz! Boy have I missed y'all in Appleloosa! It gets really boring there at times cause no Pony there is as fun as everypony here and y'all are so exciting! Big Mac here has told me everything you've done here for Equestria cpusin and might I say faaaantastic job. Oh, and..."

"Alright that's enough, Braeburn." Applejack said, quickly cutting off her hyper cousin. "What are ya doin here?"

Braeburn looked to the vast open sky. "Well everything was goin slow in Appleloosa and they didn't need me there so I decided to come visit my favorite cousins and..." Braeburn stopped talking as he saw something float from the sky and land in the fields next to Sweet Apple Acres. "Uh, what's that?"

Everypony looked to the sky and followed the Colt's eyes.

What looked like several purple aircrafts floated down to the ground south of Sweet Apple Acres.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack muttered. "First they're those big things, now we got little ones comin' down at us? Anypony have any idea what these things are? Granny?"

The frail green Pony shook her shrivled head.

"Big Mac?"

The red Colt also shook his head. "Nnnope."

"Braeburn?"

"I haven't."

"Maybe!" The little Filly, Apple Bloom, spoke up. "Maybe it's aliens!"

Applejack snickered. "Yeah, alright little Pony. Y'all reckon we should go check it out?"

Braeburn agreed. "Yeah, I reckon."

Macintosh nodded his head. "Eeyup."

Apple Bloom, of course, agreed. "Yeah, we should!"

Applejack raised one eye brow. "No you ain't partner. This here is something for us grown up Ponies. Granny, would you look after Apple Bloom while we go check this out?"

The old Mare nodded her head shakily. "I will, but be back in time for me to go to bed."

"Alright, we will Granny. Come on y'all! Let's head out! Yee-haw!" Applejack said with excitement and adrenaline.

The three Earth Ponies took off towards the south of Sweet Apple Acres, leaving Apple Bloom and Granny Smith behind.

Apple Bloom looked down at the ground and kicked the dirt. "I'm old enough to take care of myself. I did with Zecora and I can now too!" She looked back at the old green Mare, who was standing and leaning on her walker and shaking heavily. Apple Bloom knew she could out gallop Granny who was half asleep and about fifteen feet behind her.

Apple Bloom started at a full gallop after her family members, but quickly bashed her head against a metal bar and fell on her rear abruptly. She opened her eyes and looked around with a fuzzy vision. Granny Smith loomed over her and trapped the Filly with her walker like a cage.

"Now now Apple Bloom..." Granny Smith muttered with an old, quivering voice.

"Humph!" Apple Bloom crossed her forelegs and pursed her lips. "I never get to do anything fun. I bet this is why I don't have my cutie mark."





"Alright!" Twilight Sparkle yelled, corralling the Ponies of Ponyville to Canterlot. Rarity was helping direct the Ponies from a safe position (safe from dirt, that is) while Pinkie Pie ran from house to house and alerted the villagers. Fluttershy pointed out stragglers to Rainbow Dash who flew to help and direct them.

"Everypony needs to get to Canterlot now!" Twilight yelled the command at the top of her lungs.

A blue-ish coated Mare with a blonde mane and tail waltzed up to Twilight and tried her best to look into the Lavender Pony's eyes. "Why? She asked simply.

"Because Princess Celestia said so Ditsy Doo."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense then. I suppose I should go then, huh?"

Twilight looked into the wild eyes of the Mare. "Yeah, ya should."

Pinkie Pie popped her head out of a house and yelled at Rainbow Dash. "Hey! Where did Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle go?"

Rainbow's eyes widened and she spun in the air looking for them. "Oh my gosh! I don't know!"

"There!" Fluttershy yelled, or tried to, pointing a hoof at Twilight's house.

Pinkie dashed over to the tree and found Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle playing a game of "keep-away" with Spike, tossing a book Twilight had asked for him to find to one another whenever Spike got close to one of them.

"Come on! Give it back!" Spike said while trying his utmost hardest to capture the book again.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle just laughed and tossed the book higher.

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie screamed at the top of her lungs while putting all of her weight onto her front hooves. "Stop that right now! Or so help me I will..." She prepared to slam a ridiculous threat involving her typical sweetness and cupcakes at them, but she stopped herself.

Sweetie Belle had turned in Pinkie Pie's direction, but instead of focusing on Pinkie she stared at the metallic craft floating down to the fields behind Sweet Apple Acres.

"Whooaa..." She and Scootaloo awed at the site.

Pinkie Pie turned around and saw the craft as well. "Whoa!" She perked up even more than she was. "The big metal things had a baby!"

She turned towards Twilight. "Look, Twilight! The metal things had a baby!" She raised a hoof at the floating craft.

Everypony followed Pinkie's gaze and saw the mysterious craft.

"Wow." Rainbow Dash muttered. "You suppose we should check it out?"

Twilight thought about it, but she didin't want to go against Celestia's order. But then again, this is probably the only opportunity like this to scout these aliens.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle ran to Twilight's hooves. "Can we please?"

Twilight looked up at Rainbow Dash. "Let's do it."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both jumped with joy before being shot down.

"Oh, not you two Fillies."

The two crusaders sat on their rears. "Aww, why?"

"It's too dangerous for you two." Twilight answered. The Pony looked up for a way to have somepony watch over the Fillies and saw three Ponies she could ask.

"Ditsy Doo! Vinyl Scratch! And... you there, umm... brown Colt! Could you all come here?"

The three ventured over to Twilight.

"Yeah?"

"Could the three of you watch over Scootaloo and Sweety Belle here?" Twilight wrapped a leg around the two Fillies and the two girls smiled large, fake smiles.

"I suppose." The brown Colt answered.

Twilight looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry who are you, again? I don't see you around here too often."

The Colt stood up straight. "I'm the Doctor." He said with pride.

Twilight stared at him and blinked. "Doctor who?

Ditsy Doo snapped her head in the direction of the conversation. "Doctor Whooves!"

"Yes, yes. That's it!" The Doctor said with pride.

"Okay, well the three of you please look after these two Fillies here and get them to Canterlot please."

Vinyl Scratch peered down at Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. "You need three of us for them?"

Twilight had already started running towards Sweet Apple Acres with her friends. She looked back and screamed at them. "Yeah, I'm sorry I could only get three of you for it." And after that she had disappeared into the trees of Sweet Acres.

Vinyl Scratch looked at the other Ponies. "Well this shouldn't be too hard. They don't look that..."

Ditsy Doo cut her off, looking around. "Uh, where'd they go?"

"Over there!" Doctor Whooves shouted and pointed at Sweet Apple Acres as the sihlouettes of two small Ponies vanished into the group of trees.

"Aww, crap." Vinyl Scratch muttered. "Let's go get them! They'll probably die out there or something."

Vinyl Scratch and the Doctor ran after the two Fillies.

"Whoa what?" Ditsy Doo murmered when she realized her friends were gone, then quickly took after them as they charged towards the first intergalactic battle on Equestria.





The last guard left the hangar. Mercy Soul and the other Celestial Crusaders stood there, waiting for their two comrades to return.

"Look!" Xiphos yelled as two Alicorns flew towards them in the hangar.

Sentinel and Shinobi landed directly in front of their commander.

"Report." Mercy Soul said.

Sentinel looked up and recalled what he saw. "They were definately aliens. We didn't see what came out of the metal craft, but the things that came out of the purple craft were all bipedal creatures. They walked on two legs and some were driving these strange vehicles, but this is the part I think you need to know."

Everypony stood there silently and waited for what he was about to say.

"They killed, everything, for no reason. The vehicles they drove seemed to scorch the ground where ever they went. Any animals they saw they killed, no, muredered for no reason what so ever. They are a threat and they are moving towards Ponyville right now. We need to stop them. We have to."

Mercy Soul nodded. "Alright Crusaders! Prepare to fight. Meet me down in the field behind Sweet Apple Acres. Hang of to the side. Then, when you see me teleport out of there, you all come in and we will make them leave this place. No enemy we have ever fought has lost their first battle and continued to fight."

Mercy Soul put his head down and his horn lit up. "Let's go." He said and with that he teleported to the field while the Alicorns took to the sky.





Hand placed his finger on the trigger of his weapon and pulled it down half way when he stopped, and a glowing ball appeared half way between him and the Covenant, and out of the ball came a Unicorn, clad in armor.

"What is that?" Howard muttered. "A unicorn?"

Hand lowered his weapon. "Yeah, think it is."

"What?" Stevens said. "What are you guys talking about?"

Every SSEAL peered around the rock they hid behind and looked at the lone hooven animal.

"Well..." Stevens said.





Mercy Soul stared at the aliens who were goin to bring nothing but malevolence to Equestria. They were all hideous. All of them stopped in their tracks when he just materialized in front of them. The only ones that looked a little cute were small ones with large backs, or maybe they were tanks.

"What are you doing here?" Mercy Soul said, placing one hoof in front of the other.

The large hairy ones looked at each other and mumbled a few things in their own language. One of the hairy ones stepped forward and looked at Mercy Soul.

"We are here for Garden of Eden. Do you know where it at?"

Mercy Soul smirked, some of them spoke Equestrian, they spoke it poorly, but they spoke it none-the-less.

"What is the Garden of Eden?" Mercy Soul answered with a question.

The hairy creature stood there for a second, going over the words in his head. "You do not know what Garden of Eden is?"

Mercy Soul shook his head. "Nope."

The hairy thing nodded and stepped back. Another one of the hairy things lifted up what looked to be a weapon and pointed it at Mercy Soul.

Mercy didn't know what the thing was but decided no to stay to find out concerning it had two blades jutting out from the front. The Unicorn's horn lit up and a molten hot metal spike whizzed through the air where Mercy Soul was standing.





Hand watched as the Brutes shot the unicorn. He felt sorry for the unicron. Never seeing a real one before he had wished to get close to it. Hand continued to stare at the hooven creature, but then he realized it had disappeared.

"Whoa, that thing can teleport?" Rigs said. "Dude, I want a unicorn."

"You can get one in heaven, Rigs. Right now we need to fight." Hand began to charge out into the field when seven flying unicorns soared into the battle.

"Whoa, nope." Hand said spinning around to hide behind the now comforting rock to watch the slaughter.





Mercy Soul materialized behind the hairy beast who had fired at him at slid his horn into the brute, flipped the creature over his body, slammed him on the ground, and stomped on its head, turning it into a red, mushy pancake before teleporting again so he wouldn't be shot.

Triptych flew around in the air and soared past the aliens, distracting them, weaving in and out of fire, while Xiphos came down and landed hard on two of the small reptilian like creatures with glowing circles in front of them. Xiphos looked up at one of the dark blue and purple vehicles and jetted into the air as it released an explosive blue ball of energy.
The Alicorn noticed where the ball came from and lit up his horn and bent the coil that gave the weapon of the vehicle power, crippling it so it couldn't fire. He then launched himself on top of it and started to pound into the vehicle's drivers seat. He pounded the cover into the driver's seat straight down, ruthlessly flattening the unfortunate driver.

While flying around Triptych would occasionally sweep down and knock one of the aliens in the head, bashing its skull with a lethal force, but the Alicorn never lost his balance or speed.

Shinobi would drop in and out of combat by galloping at a full gallop into the battle, then back out and back in, taking out many of these ugly creatures as he could.

Sentinel and Washburn worked together by calling out what the enemy would do and when they would do it all at the same time while beating the enemies to a pulp.

Memento Mori flew straight into the battle and fought hoof-to-hoof not worrying about the enemy harming him.

Silver Heart rammed into one of the smaller, purple vehicles and tore the driver out of the seat with his horn. He then proceeded to the next one and the next. When the vehicle with one large wheel approached Sentinel and Washburn Silver Heart lifted the charred bones of a fallen enemy with his magic and jammed them into the gears of the vehicle, causeing it to explode in a blue and orange fire.

Mercy Soul teleported in and out of combat, having the magic capability to do so and aimed for the head on each enemy by either piercing it with his horn, cruching it beneath his foot, or any other way to kill the enemy. When the odd hovering vehicle with four of the hairy beasts in it came close to him and a stream of blue bolts flew past Mercy Soul or disipitated on his armor, the Unicorn bent the coil, which gave that weapon energy, and the vehicle made a stalling noise before collapsing. As the four beasts tried to climb out Triptych preformed a flip over head, lighting up his horn, and the remains of the vehicle exploded.

Mercy Soul looked around as there were only four aliens left. but spun around quickly when he heard a noise behind him and placed his horn at this other alien's throat.





Hand stood there, back straight and arms up, with a honed horn held at his throat. He was astonished at how quickly these mystical beings had destroyed the Covenant with only four Brutes left.

The Unicorn stood there without taking his eyes off of Hand. Everybody stood there in an awkward silence, even the Brutes stopped trying to survive to look at the very first Human/Unicorn stand off.

Hand moved his right hand to the Unicorn's horn and lightly swatted it away from him. Giving it gentle taps to move it slowly.

The silver unicorn/pegasus/horse... thing looked at the Brute in front of him and killed the beast, as did the others.

Hand stepped back and so did the horses until they stood about fifteen meters apart. Then they all stood there in silence again.





"There! I think I see them!" Vinyl Scratch ran forward to catch up with the small figures. One of them, she could have sworn, looked more tall and more gaingly than before. She lunged forward and tackled the two Ponies.

"Heeeeyyy." A little squealy voice sounded. "What was that for?"

"What?" Scratch stood up. "You aren't Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle."

"Well, duh!" The voice sounded again.

Ditsy Doo and Doctor Hooves caught up with them and Ditsy's eyes widened. "Snips? Snails? Why are you guys here? You're supposed to be at your therapy."

"We knoooow." The slow, tall Unicorn spoke up. "But we saw these ships fly down towards Sweet Apple Acres and we wanted to check it out."

"Yeah!" Snips jumped up.

"Well," Doctor Whooves spoke. "While we are here, have you two happened to see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle?"

"Oh," Snips said. "You've been looking for those two too? Don't bother, if they play hard to get with us then there's no TELLING how hard they'll play hard to get with you guys."

Everypony just stared at the two socially awkward Unicorns.

"No." The Doctor said. "Where are they? We need to find them."

"Yeah, uh-huh." Snails said. "And why, exactly, should we do that?"

Vinyl Scratch had had enough of these two. First the Ursa Minor now this. "Because they might be dead." She answered and that sure did make Snips and Snails shut up.





Mercy Soul stared at the hideous looking bipedal creatures with Silver Heart at his right hand side.

"Uggh," Silver Heart said. "Those things are hideous. Why can't they be kind of cute like the little guys we just killed with the tanks on their back?"

Mercy Soul looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You think those things were cute? Did you see them with their mask off?" Mercy looked down at one of the creatures at his feet.

"No, but they can't be..." Silver looked down as his commander knocked the alien's mask off. "Oh, oh my... That's... uh..."





"How do you suppose we try to communicate with them? Do you think they want to kill us?" Rigs was standing to Hand's immediate right.

"After watching what they just did? I'm pretty sure if they wanted us dead we'd be dead."

"Alright, so let's try to talk to them."

"How do we do that Rigs? They're horses."

"Actually, Hand, they're ponies."

Hand sighed in disgust.

Rigs went back to the matter at hand. "Wave hi?"





"Look, Mercy! That one is raising his foreleg!"

One of the bipedal creatures raised his foreleg and opened his mouth. "Hello!" It yelled from the distance.

Silver Heart stepped back. "Whoa, they speak Equestrian. Hello!" Silver shouted back.





"Aww, dude!" Rigs spoke up. "They speak English!"

"Alright, so they seem friendly. Let's try to talk to them some more. Don't do anything to make them suspicious of us."

"Alright." Rigs said.

Hand began to talk, but was cut off. His ear piece rang. "Hand! Come in!"

Hand raised his hand to his ear. "Yes sir?"

"We are dropping ODSTs and Spartan 058 to you now to help with the battle."

Hand's heart skipped a beat. After seeing what he just saw there's no telling what the ponies would do to the armor-clad humans. "No sir! Wait!"

"Pods launched." Hand heard Andromeda say.

He looked up in the air and watched the pods catch on fire as they entered atmosphere.





Five metal chambers hit the field about twenty meters from where Mercy Soul stood and four black colored aliens and one green one stepped out of the chambers. Mercy squinted his eyes and huffed his breath out his nostrils.





The lead unicorn looked frustrated, filled with rage and anger and kill written in its eyes, and charged Linda. "No! Wait!" Hand screamed just as the unicorn pierced his horn into the Spartan's gut releasing energy and Linda out yelled in pain.