• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 1,383 Views, 36 Comments

Surviving Spark - JackTheEpic



FInally 12 years after waking up on the god forsaken beach, now h ave been knock out twice, spat blood in someone's face, and possibly ruined all hope of recovering my sanity after being scared by the bouncing pink devil.. why does life hate me

  • ...
13
 36
 1,383

Gazing into the void

Darkness.,. That was all that was around me as a floated across the void. Not present, no past, no future. Just the void. And that plinkity plonkity music that is playing in the background. Slowly rain starts to fall out nowhere, then they just get suspended in mid air. Light from nowhere seems to bounce off the water particles, and they act as if they were stars. Some brighter than others, others twinkling, while others disappear in a blaze of glory. Some gather and form galaxies, while others form nebula's. But all are surrounded by the void. They void is the place where all life goes once they are finished, some are reborn, and some are tossed back into their bodies to continue with new skills or knowledge. While others are forgotten and left to go mad, some of them find their ways back to the world of the living as spirits, or they possess a new host and bring destruction to their lives. Now shadows appear to be dancing along the new forming galaxies and nebula, like ghosts of the past they show the lives of countless species that came before, and have yet to come, all laid out before me. But some are... how should can I put this... more tangible than others. These ones, are from what I know, all the people that came before me. My ancestors, they gather around me, at first I thought they were trying to snuff me out, but then they face outwards and fight off much darker creatures, who's eyes pierce one's very soul, trying to grasp onto your fleeing body, and take it for them selves. If it wasn't for my ancestors, they surely would have taken me by now, but either I have a role to play in some higher power's game, or my family believes I deserve a second chance. Glancing around me I notice a figure off in the distance, who is just staring at the spectacle, an observer if you will. I walk towards this figure, and as I get closer I notice the observer is female, and by judging how her teal eyes seem to get larger she didn't expect me to see her. I keep getting closer to her and more of her becomes apparent, she is wearing a midnight blue, and moon white hued dress with sequins sewn in to look like the stars. Her dark blue hair with what appear to be stars, seems to flow through the void like smoke. Only when I am 5 feet away from her to the last of her features come apparent, the features that define her as the same species as the one's I encountered earlier.

I stopped in front of her and asked, "Who are you? And why are you observing me?" She just stood their slack jawed, not knowing what to say. But after a minute she recomposed her self and responded, "I am princess Luna, and to why I was observing you... Well I was actually trying to look into your memories for my sister, because after her student claimed that you had been stalking her in the forest, she was well... pissed, for lack of better words. And killing that Manticore in front of them didn't help her opinion of you either."

"Wait... that thing is called a Manticore?" Luna nods her head, "That name is so much better than what I have been calling it. Also your basically here to spy on me and/or to look into my memories to either confirm your sisters student's story, or prove my innocence, am I right?" I asked, and Luna replied by nodding her head, "So then I'm guessing this isn't what you were expecting?" Again she nodded her head, "Well if you must know on why I was above your sister's student and her friends, it was because I was hunting that... what did you call it... Ah yes, Manticore. I was hunting the Manticore because its pride had been raiding my traps for quite a while now, and that one was the last of the pride. And I didn't want any other of them wee beasties roaming about my hunting grounds."

"So you're basically saying that the only reason you were near them, was so you could kill off the competition?" She asked

"Correctamundo, and normally I probably wouldn't have gutted the wee beasty in front of them, but then again 12 years lost in a place you don't recognize, with no contact with civilization will do that to a man. By the way name is Connor." I said as I stuck out my hand

Luna looked at me confused for a second but then realized I was offering to shake her hand, and at that point she grabbed mine and shook it, "Glad we sorted all of this out." she said, "Now then, lets wake you up so you can tell my sister, Twilight and her friends about what you were doing, shall we?"

"Yup, see you on the other side little Lunatic." I said with a grin and before she could respond she had already left.

---Back in Colorful people land---

"Well Luna did you find out why he was stalking Twilight and her friends?" Said Celestia

"Yes, yes I did. But you will have to ask him yourself if you want to find out, Tia." Luna said with a sly grin on her face

During that whole little conversation I had already opened my eyes, and saw this Celestia. She sort of looked like her sister, but more colorful daytime colors and I'd have to say she was at least 2 sizes bigger that Luna... So I'd say she's a Double D. So when Luna said to ask me what happened the whole room turned and looked at me. While I just sat there with a smug grin on my face, and a look that said, Yeah, I'm chill'in here, what's it to ya?

"Well, if you must know, no I wasn't stalking Twilight or her friends. I was hunting that bascorion, or as Luna called it, a Manticore. If you want to know why, it is because it and it's former pride had been raiding my traps for a few months. And each time they did it, I went hungry. And to answer your next question the reason I gutted it in front of them is because I forgot not everyone is comfortable with seeing that, but living on your own for 12 years with no contact to civilization will do that to someone." I said as I slowly sat up, only to be glomped by the yellow one who smelled of daisies, who was crying and saying, "Oh, you poor, poor thing." Surprised by this I held my arms out to the side not knowing what to do, but I slowly brought my arms towards her and returned the hug and I said, "I-it's ok?" While giving a look to Luna that said, what do I do. Luna just simply shrugged her shoulders. But my attention was soon grasped by a loud huffing, the kind you hear when someone is ready to burst with anger, as I turned towards the source, why it was none other than skittles. I saw her pull her fist back ready to punch, but this time I was ready, just before her punch connected I grabbed her fist with the palm of my hand, while shaking my head side to side. She seemed to get even angrier, and instead of simply trying to punch me again she stormed off. "Gee, what's her problem?" I asked, and yet all I got in response was a collective sigh from all, well except for Luna, and the yellow one, who's name I have still not learned.

Author's Note:

I'm on a can't stop won't stop roll here