• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 1,121 Views, 11 Comments

Forgotten - Jimena991



There was nothing she could do, nopony remembered her nor the sun or the day... So long ago, she was forgotten.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,121

Chapter three: Elements of Nocturnality.

Chapter three: Elements of Nocturnality.

Having my magic being reformed by The Light after a thousand years is really painful, even more after having it under the training of my sister. Its pure energy calmed my body and stopped my arching when the reformation ended. I decided to wait until everypony goes back to sleep to begin the search of the Elements.

"Its really good to be with you again, Creator" I hear the voice of my creation, it is calm and cheerful, almost demonstrating how much he missed me "The Elements are, as you already know, in a secret cellar, yes, but it is in the Diplomacy Room of the castle, a good decision, nobody will looked for them there... except for us"

I nodded as my horn shined faintly, not wanting to draw attention in this dark night, using a spell to see what my sister is doing now. Despite what she did to me and to our subjects, I still love her... My eyes shone bright as scenes crossed my mind.


Nightmare Moon walked towards her throne, her long, sky blue mane flowing behind her, her tail almost touching the black carpet of the floor. Her green eyes looked at the crystal windows, when we defeated Discord, when we received the crown after the pass of our parents, the time when we defeated Sombra and lost the Crystal Empire... A smile crossed her lips as she looked at the final one, when she defeated me to bring eternal night.

"Oh, sister, as much as I don't care where you are, I just want to say that... I miss you" a little tear felt from her eyes.

A dark purple alicorn descended beside her, his bat-like wings closed lightly, his black eyes looking at the bigger alicorn, his black and purple mane flowing light in the wind, he had the Cutie Mark of a black void. One of his hoofs touched the concrete wall, remembering that white alicorn that almost defeated them.

"Queen, this is no time to cry for that traitor named Celestia" he said, "You saw how The Light brought her back, who knows where, but you must find her and kill her" his black eyes looked at the green one's of the queen, "And let's start destroying her creation, okay?"

Nightmare Moon nodded and walked towards the wall behind her throne, where the hole is located. Her horn fit perfectly as dark magic emerged from it, opening the wall towards the secret cellar. Its black walls were not illuminated by the pure energy of The Light...

"What? No! The Light is gone!" Nightmare Moon screamed. Her eyes looked at the last crystal window again, "Oh, Celestia! When I find you, you are death for sure!"

"I knew that we had to destroy it before... I'm sorry, your highness" the alicorn bowed in silence.

"It's no problem, The Darkness, it was my fault from not killing her a thousand years ago" she smiled towards the smaller alicorn, "Come on, duke of Nocturnia, we have a talk with the representatives of the Dragon Kingdom"

As they walked towards the doors of the room, the queen looked again at the crystal window.

"I offer you so many changes to be with me, but you rejected everything... Do you hate me? Or do you not want your subjects to suffer?"


I closed my eyes as a sigh escaped from my lips; everything that she said brought me real agony. I felt how somepony rested beside me; it was The Light, also in his alicorn form, smaller than me but bigger than The Darkness.

"Do you think that we can win this battle, my friend?" I said, feeling how every hope I once had slipped from my embrace.

"Creator, we will win if you have faith" The Light said, his horn pocking my nose a few times, making me laugh, "After all, you know that hope is the last thing lost, you know it better than anyone..."

"Since I was, so many years ago, the bearer of the forgotten Element of Hope..." I smiled as my eyes concentrated in his green ones, "Thank you for remembering me that, The Light. I don't want it to slip away in time as my day and sun did..."

He touched my face with is hooves, drying the fresh tears that started to fall from my pink eyes. As he closed his eyes and a smile appeared on his lips, I regained the hope I had lost so many times before, causing the destruction of the Element of Hope.

"Here, everypony is going to sleep now... I believe we must go for the Elements..." he said as every light began to fade. I nodded as he entered my body once again.


My hoofs touched slightly the black carpet of the throne room, the only place with a window open. I open the navy blue doors, what was in front of me was only one corridor that leaded to many rooms, with sky blue colored doors.

"Creator, the third door at the right is the Diplomacy Room" I hear my creation's voice inside my head, so I walked towards that place. I moved the handle, yet I couldn't open the door, it was locked.

"Damn..." an idea appeared in my mind, a thing I must try to open this door. Keeping my magic flow to a minimum, I used a spell to force open the door. As it open, I could distinguish the place, black walls, big windows, blue carpets on the floor.

I saw on the other side of the room the same hole that contained The Light, so I put my horn in it and used black magic; nothing happened. My confusion could not be believed, but then I used pure magic: the walls separated; again I used a spell to keep the noise to a minimal.

There, on purple pillows, laid the Elements of Harmony—sorry, my mistake, the Elements of Nocturnality. I felt how The Light created a saddlebag on my back: the one I used when Discord was defeated.

"Thank you, The Light" I said as I put each Element in the bag, still having enough place to put one more: the Element of Darkness "Where is the camber of the queen?" I asked to my beloved creation.

"In the same corridor, the last door, the one with the symbol of a black alicorn" he answer me, I smiled in return.

"Thanks again, my everlasting friend"

I flew to the door he mentioned, finding it instantly: it not only stranded out for the black alicorn figure on it, also because it was the biggest door of all. Using the same spell, I open it, as I saw on the other side of the room, how my sister sleeps peacefully. Beside her, at a meter of distance, on another purple pillow, rested her crown, the one having inside the corrupt Element of Magic.

I levitated it, carefully enough not to make any sound and to keep my magical energy at the lowest brightness, and put it in my bag. I flew towards the door and closed it, and then I went back to the mountain I slept every time. But, when I was inside my sister's chamber, I felt like somepony was staring at me...


Inside Nightmare Moon's royal chamber, the purple alicorn stomped his hoof into the floor, flapping his wings out of anger. The Darkness felt so foolish when he let his creator's sister take away each Element, like they were hers only; but being just awoken from his sleep, he couldn't use magic, or even speak to wake up his creator.

"I should have alerted the queen when the traitor stole her crown... How this hurts, knowing that the enemy has the most powerful weapon of all: the Elements of Nocturnality"