• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 515 Views, 1 Comments

Twilight's Nightmare - Dulcet



Twilight's worst fear had come true. She tries to run away, but a dangerous enemy has returned and now wanted revenge. It's up to Twilight to stop them, but in order to do so, she must face her fears. Can she do it?

  • ...
 1
 515

Chapter II: Part I

Part I

Empress Adrestia was at the Canterlot Castle where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were being held captive. The Empress seemed eagerly pleased that her masterful plan was working out so far, laughing at the two captive princesses.

“Oh, what a day it has been! Amirite, Celestia and Luna!?” The Empress rhetorically asked.

“You won’t get away with this, Adrestia! The powers of the Elements of Harmony will stop you!” Princess Celestia threatened.

“Ha! Don’t make me laugh. I’ve already dealt with the ponies you spoke of and have taken their Elements of so-called Harmony! Those ponies will no longer be a threat of mine!” Princess Adrestia cackled.

The lieutenant then entered the vicinity with a box that contains the Elements of Harmony inside. The Empress opened the box and proceeded to show the captive princesses of the elements that she had taken.

“You see? These elements are mine! And with these elements, the Metusonian Empire can now use it to power up our Metus Diamond to unleash eternal darkness all over Equestria!” The Empress revealed.

“Metus Diamond?” Princess Luna asked.

“Oh, I see you ponies are not aware of the Metusonian customs..” The Empress replied.

The lieutenant and two other minions came into the room with the Metus Diamond, with the two princesses looking in shock, but also terror.

“We, Metusonians, will use this diamond to unleash great and mighty power that our empire has never relinquished. For so many years, we haven’t had enough power in our magic to activate it.. until now! Thanks to your elements, a new era of darkness will commence all over Equestria!!” The Empress roared.

“Adrestia, you fool! Equestria was always meant to be a place where ponies love and care for eachother! Your plan shall destroy the fate of Equestria and the customs that made Equestria what it always was!” Princess Celestia argued.

“I care not about its customs and roots. Love, friendship, kindness? That all sounds too boring to me. It’s all about power, Celestia. Only the strongest shall prosper and only the strongest shall rule! And I’ll show you what real power is like,” Empress Adrestia countered.

The Empress wielded the Elements and used her magic to manipulate the Elements to work for her. However, Princess Celestia noticed that one of the elements was missing: The Element of Magic. Even though she noticed it was missing, she proceeded to remain quiet.

Empress Adrestia harnessed the elements and faced the Metus Diamond. With the power of the elements, she fired an incredibly powerful beam of magic at the Diamond. However, much to the Empress’ horrors, nothing happened.

“WHAT?! What happened?” The Empress asked.

“It seems like your so called plan didn’t work after all,” Princess Celestia mocked.

Empress Adrestia growled at the princess, demanding answers from her. Princess Celestia, however, remained quiet and refused to help the Empress. Furious, the Empress looked across the room, seemingly looking for something to break out of anger, but then she noticed the stained glass window that depicted the Mane Six.

“Wait a minute..” Empress Adrestia paused, as she looked at the glass window. The painting showed the Mane Six with their elements of harmony. She recognized five of the ponies, as she defeated them earlier, but she had trouble recognizing Princess Twilight.

“I captured five of their elements. That must mean that..” Then, Empress Adrestia suddenly realized what went wrong.
“Lieutenant! Gather the minions! Send a small garrison of them to capture Princess Twilight! She has the missing element I’m looking for!” Empress Adresita ordered.

“Yes, my Empress,” the lieutenant responded as he left the room.

Empress Adrestia then stared at the princesses and said, “Well, it’s been a pleasure getting to spend some time with you princesses. I must go. My empire needs me,” the Empress said, laughing menacingly as she headed out.

She left the room and closed the doors, locking the two captive princesses inside.