• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 515 Views, 1 Comments

Twilight's Nightmare - Dulcet



Twilight's worst fear had come true. She tries to run away, but a dangerous enemy has returned and now wanted revenge. It's up to Twilight to stop them, but in order to do so, she must face her fears. Can she do it?

  • ...
 1
 515

Part V

Part V: Worst Fears

Applejack

It was dark. That's all she could see. Just darkness. It was pitch black, it was secluded, and she was all alone. Applejack laid down on the floor, with her hat covering her face. She was never used to being alone like this. Sometimes, she worked alone at Sweet Apple Acres when she was extremely busy with picking apples, but this was a different kind of alone. She didn't have her family with her and she also didn't have her friends with her this time.

Applejack looked across the room. "Rainbow Dash!? Rarity!? Fluttershy!? Pinkie!?" No answer. No pony could hear her and she couldn't hear her friends.

Suddenly, a puff of smoke is present across the room. Applejack could see three ponies across from her, but she couldn't make out who they were.

"Applejack, hon? Is that you over there?" An old, winded voice was heard.

Applejack recognized that voice. It was Granny Smith. The three ponies then galloped closer to her, to the point where she could clearly see them. She was relieved and happy to see her family with her. She was relieved she wasn't alone anymore.
Applejack gave them a welcoming hug. "Granny Smith! Bic Mac! Apple Bloom! I'am so glad to see ya'll!" Applejack stated.

"Eeyup!" Big MacIntosh agreed, with Apple Bloom nodding as well.

"Wha-what are ya'll doin' here in the first place? How did we all get here?" Applejack asked.

"Oh, we just wanted to see ya, big sis!" Apple Bloom revealed with a smile.

"I'am so glad to see ya'll too!" Applejack replied back.

The Apple family were reunited and were all happy. Suddenly, a dark cloud of smoke came over and clouded Granny Smith, Big Macintosh, and Apple Bloom. When the smoke disappeared, the smiles that were on their faces all disappeared. They looked at Applejack this time looking disgruntled, disappointed, and angry. Applejack had no idea what just happened. She was confused and wondered if she said something wrong that offended them.

"What's goin' on? Why do ya'll seem angry?" Applejack quickly asked, immediately wanting to know what was wrong with her family. She shook them, but they didn't move an inch. All they did was continuously give Applejack a dissatisfied look. She started to panic, repeatedly shaking them and asking them what's wrong until..

"Applejack, hon. Ya'll a disgrace to the Apple family," Granny Smith straightforwardly said.

Applejack checked her ears. She didn't know if she heard that right and she really didn't think what Granny Smith was true.

"Applejack, hon. Ya'll a disgrace to the Apple family," Granny Smith repeated again and again.

"How Granny? I'am awful sorry for whatever I did! I swear!" Applejack tearfully blurted out.

"Ya'll no sister of mine," Apple Bloom declared.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

The Apple family kept on repeating things that made Applejack feel she didn't belong in the Apple family and that she had disgraced their family name. Happening quickly and with little warning, each member of the Apple family started popping up in the background. Each of the family members started coming up with a barrage of criticisms and insults at Applejack and soon berated her. Applejack backed away to a corner and tried to cover her ears, but the criticisms kept coming and she could still hear it. At the corner, she found herself completely cornered and surrounded by the entire Apple family who kept giving her the same disgruntled look.

All together, the Apple family chanted, "Ya'll not a part of our family." Then they all mysteriously vanished up in smoke. It was dark. That's all she could see. Just darkness. It was pitch black, it was secluded, and she was all alone. Applejack laid down on the floor, with her hat covering her face. This time however, her family now didn't want her and she had no pony.

Pinkie Pie

In the next room, there stood Pinkie Pie. She was normally joyful, happy, jumpy, and excited, but now she was alone, scared, and sad.

"Hello? Any pony there?" Pinkie Pie asked. There was no response. She wanted to see her friends, but couldn't. She felt helpless.

A puff of smoke then appears from across the room, just like what happened with Applejack previously. large group of ponies then began to approach her. It was all the Ponyville ponies; it was all her friends.

"My friends!" Pinkie Pie gleefully cheered.

Her friends greeted her and all gave her a welcoming hug.

"Yay! My friends are all here with me!" Pinkie chuckled.

However, a dark cloud of smoke came over and clouded the Ponyville ponies. Like Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom, Pinkie's friends all gave her a disgruntled look. Pinkie Pie was too busy giggling and laughing that she didn't notice the cloud of smoke at all. When she looked back at her friends, all she saw was angry faces. She stopped hopping, giggling, and laughing. She was wondering what was going on.

"What's going on? Why the long faces?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"You're no friend of mine, Pinkie," one pony said.

"Yeah, what he said", another agreed.

"Pinkie, you're the worst friend ever," a pony reassured.

Pinkie Pie felt heartbroken. It reminded her of that feeling when Cranky Doodle first told her that he never wanted to be friends with her forever. However, this felt 100X times worse as it seemed like every pony didn't want to be friends with her ever again. It was like a million Cranky Doodle Donkeys all telling her at once that she was a terrible friend.

"No, I can be a good friend! "I will make it up to you all!" Pinkie repeatedly vowed. "I will! I will!"

"NO!" All the ponies exclaimed loudly at once.

Pinkie's heart dropped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She couldn't think of the thought of every single pony in existence not wanting to be her friend. She didn't want to be alone. Five ponies then approached her from the crowd. It was Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity.

"Good bye Pinkie," Twilight said, disappearing.

"No! Twilight don't go! My friends, don't leave me!" Pinkie tearfully begged.

"I'am awfully sorry Pinkie. But this friendship is over. For good," Applejack said, disappearing as well.

"Yeah Pinkie. I have new friends now," Rainbow Dash responded, disappearing too.

"Sorry darling, but you're just not a pony I can hang out with any longer. You're too.. Pinkie.." Rarity recalled.

"Yeah. Bye Pinkie," Fluttershy uttered.

Then, all the ponies in the room vanished, leaving Pinkie alone. She felt lost. She didn't know where to go or who to turn to next. All her friends had left her and she felt crushed. She just wanted to give up.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash was at the next room. She banged the walls with her hooves and flew as high as she could to find an exit, but nothing was working. She was furious and worked up.

"Adrestia! Let me out of here this instance!" she angrily commanded.

She banged the walls with her hooves again to unleash all her anger, but even that didn't seem to help.

"You will regret this Adrestia! Once I get out of here, I will make you pay!" Rainbow Dash threatened.

Then, a puff of smoke appeared far away. The room began to change and Rainbow Dash found herself now in a cave. There was a hole on top of the roof where she could escape.

"Sweet! There's the exit!" Rainbow immediately flew to the exit until a voice interrupted her.

"Rainbow Dash, I need your help!

She recognized that voice as one of her friends and tried to see where the voice was coming from.

"Hurry Rainbow! It's Twilight! We need your help!" Twilight echoed.

Rainbow Dash galloped through the cave, trying to find her friends. Then, in a room, she found her friends trying to open a gate wall.

"Rainbow, there you are! Look, we need ya help opening this gate wall. The exit out of here is right outside!" Applejack acknowledged.

"My friends! Glad to see you all! Wait, can't Twilight just use her magic to move the gate?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight breathed heavily. "I've.. tried, but I'm too weak.. and tired to use my magic to move the rock. That's why.. I need your help to open this gate!"

"You got it Twi!" Rainbow Dash went over to the gate to help her friends open the gate. It was budged shut, but she didn't want to let her friends down. Using all her brute strength, the gate finally opened and on the other side of the gate, they saw light.

"Freedom!!" Pinkie joyfully screamed.

"Rainbow Dash! You did it!" Twilight pointed out, giving her a hug.

"No problem, Twilight. I couldn't leave my friends hanging!" Rainbow said. "Now let's go!"

The Mane Six then galloped through the gate and towards the exit. However, Twilight stopped, realizing she had forgotten something extremely important.
Rainbow Dash, noticing that her friend had stopped suddenly, asked, "Twilight, what's wrong?"

"My crown! I left my crown! I put my crown in a bag that's over there at the gate where we were previously. Rainbow, can you get it for me?" Twilight asked, pointing to the gate.

"Yeah sure!" Rainbow Dash then flew to the other side of the gate and looked for the bag.

"Thanks Rainbow! We'll be waiting at the gate for you!" Twilight exclaimed.

Suddenly, as Rainbow Dash looked for Twilight's crown, the cave began rumbling and rocks began falling from above.
"Oh no! The cave is collapsing!" Rarity shouted.

Rainbow Dash, using her quick reflexes, dodged the falling debri. She saw the bag across from her and snatched it. However, as she made her way back to the gate, a falling rock falls on her, trapping her wing and causing her to get stuck.

"Twilight, here's your crown!" Rainbow threw the bag over to Twilight. "Twilight, I need you to use your magic to get this rock off of me! I'm budged shut!"

Twilight grabbed her bag and looked at Rainbow Dash. Her friends smiled at Rainbow and Twilight began to use her magic to close the gate.

"Wait! Twilight, what are you doing!?" Rainbow hollered, as more rocks began to fall. "Use your magic to get this rock off of me! Not the gate!"

"Sorry Rainbow! It's been nice knowing you! You were a good friend!" Twilight replied back as the gate began to close.

"No! AJ! Rarity! Fluttershy! Pinkie! Do something! Stop her!" Rainbow Dash pleaded. "I need your help! This cave isn't gonna last much longer!"

"Sorry, Rainbow. We aren't your friends any longer!" Applejack responded.

"We're not longer loyal to you anymore!" Fluttershy said.

"Loyalty.." Rainbow murmered, remembering how she was the element of loyalty.

"So long Rainbow. Have fun getting trapped under there for the rest of eternity!" her friends yelled at her.

"No, wait. You can't do this!" Rainbow Dash begged as the gate finally closed shut.

Rarity

Staying at the next room was Rarity. It was extremely quiet.

"Girls? Can any pony hear me? I need help," Rarity uttered.

Quickly, the room began to change, with the walls being replaced with mirrors. Mirrors surrounded Rarity and she could not believe what she was seeing in her own reflection. She saw a mule version of herself, wearing a hideous dress.

"AH, what in Equestria is that!?" Rarity cried, shielding her eyes from the mirrors.

Then a voice spoke. "I am you."

Still shielding her eyes, Rarity asked, "Who said that?"

"You"

Rarity opened her eyes and looked around the room. "Me? Impossible! I'm not crazy enough to be talking to myself! Show yourself!"

"The pony speaking to you is you."

Rarity looked at the mirror in front of her. "You?"

Her reflection spoke, "No, not me. You."

"AH! That's not me! I can't be that hideous!" Rarity responded, shielding her eyes again.

"For pony sake! Open your eyes and just look at the mirrors!" the reflection impatiently said.

Rarity opened her eyes, "Silly, darling. You are not me and I am not you. I am not a mule."

"Yes, you are me and I am you," the reflection repeated.

"Ok stop. You're confusing me with your phrases," Rarity stated.

"Then stop making me repeat myself to you. I am YOU and you are ME! We are alike. You are as ugly as a mule!" the reflection blurted.

"Ugly as a mule..?" Rarity muttered to her reflection.

"Yes! Don't believe me? How about we find out then!" The mirrors shattered and disappeared. Behind the mirrors was a fashion show, with hundreds of ponies looking at the stage, waiting for the next contestant to come out. Rarity walked over to the stage. She was the center of attention now. However, when she looked at the ponies, they all looked at her with disgust.

"Ew, hideous!"

"Get that monster off the stage!"

"That pony looks awful!"

"Wait, that's Rarity! Gross, I'm never buying dresses from her ever again!"

"Never buying from her business!"

Rarity looked across the crows, but all she saw was ponies with disgusted faces. They looked down on her and she started to believe what her reflection said about her being as ugly as a mule was true. She was horrified. Fashion and beauty were two things that both defined her and now ponies were shunning her for those two things. She then looked over at the Carousel Boutique, but she was even more horrified to what she saw. Her home had been condemned and her business was ruined. The ponies then started throwing tomatoes at her, causing Rarity to get off the stage. Rarity locked herself in the backstage room and looked at the mirror. All she saw was a monster. She didn't see herself in the mirror. She then began to forget who she was.

Fluttershy

Fluttershy laid down on the floor and looked at the room. Most of the time, she was okay with being alone because she didn't like the feeling of every pony staring down at her. She didn't like being the center of attention. However, this feeling of alone felt different to her. She didn't know where she was and she just wanted to go home.
Suddenly, a puff of smoke appeared.

"Is some pony there?" Fluttershy murmered.

A large group of ponies then showed up in front of her.

"Who are you ponies?" Fluttershy quietly asked.

Out of nowhere, the ponies started to laugh. Fluttershy was confused; she looked behind her, thinking they were laughing at something that was behind her. However, she was wrong. The ponies pointed at her; they were laughing at her.
Fluttershy was scared and panicked. She tried to gallop away from the crowd, but the ponies were all over the place, constantly laughing at her. Fluttershy wanted to stop and repeatedly told the ponies to stop, but they didn't listen.

Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!

That was all Fluttershy could hear in her mind. The laughing ponies kept reminding her of a time in the past when some ponies teased her to not being able to fly properly. She wanted to forget about that moment, but the laughing ponies kept reminding her of it, shoving it in her face.

Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!

No matter how hard she covered her ears, she still could hear the laughter. She laid on the floor, covering her face so she couldn't see the other ponies. At the moment, the ponies vanished, leaving Fluttershy laying on the floor all alone.