• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 751 Views, 6 Comments

Lyra - Origins - XyroX



Lyra was born a human and accidentally landed in Equestria. What harm could a human cause in this pony-ruled wonderland?

  • ...
3
 6
 751

Midnight Encounter

This day turns into pure chaos it seems...

"What do you mean, it's a microphone?"

"I mean what I said! Somepony must have attached it at me tonight..." I stopped. Could it be...?

No! Bon Bon would never do that! Plus, it must be covered in strong magic, otherwise the princess would have found it

Bon Bon looked at me, a bit scared. "You don't think I-"

"No! Of course not! Don't get this wrong, but you'd never be able to do this. Some kind of strong magic is needed to cover this thing from the princess, and you're not even an unicorn."

Bon Bon stared at me, half hurten, half relieved. “I think, that’s good right?”

“Yes.” I smiled at her. How could I even thought one moment that she has planned something like that?

But anyway, you have to figure out who has done it, and why. - Can’t I just leave it up to the princess? - And risking to get her that angry again? It’s a wonder she still doesn’t know it yet!

My human half was right in this one. How could it be that the princess hasn’t reacted yet? Maybe she didn’t expect something like this to happen not even a minute after she teleported us home.

“So, what do we do now?”

“I think we have to be patient and wait. Whoever used this thing knows that we found it. Listen Bon, I would be glad if you could stay a few days at Vinyl and Tavi. I don’t want you to get in danger.”

“I won’t leave you now, Lyra, and you know that. Remember what I said back in the castle? I’ll help you carrying your package, no matter how much it weights. And you know why? Because I love you!

Wow, are we this far by now? - Search your feelings, Lyra. You know it to be true!

After I took a deep breath, I looked her right in the eyes and responded. “And I love you, Bons. And that’s why I can’t let you do this. If something happened to you because if me, I could never forgive myself.”

“And I couldn’t forgive myself if something happened to you because I wasn’t by your side to help you! We must do this together!”

I sighed. Guess I can’t get her off this idea. On the other hoof, if she’s near me nopony could horsenap her or something.


A few hours later we went to bed, even though we both couldn’t sleep.

I hope we did the right thing. I mean, actually we didn’t do anything at all. Waiting.. for something to happen. It’s like waiting for our slaughter. - Yeah, but what could we have done? The castle and the portal aren’t in danger, you know that. It’s impossible to get there without Celestia or Luna noticing it. - I guess you’re right. Should try to sleep now.

But I couldn’t. I just lied there, facing Bon Bon who slowly slipped into sleep. As I looked at her, I suddenly started to cry. Tears of joy. This pony was the first creature in my life that really loved me the way I was, even though I wasn’t really myself in Equestria. I swore myself to do everything to protect her from anything that was about to happen.

After a few more minutes I heard something in the living room. I eavesdropped, but I couldn’t here any more noises, so I carefully rose from the bed, trying not to wake Bon Bon up, and went there to take a look. I saw lights in the room and entered it slowly.

“Ah, I wondered when you’ll finally come down.”

In front of me sat a unicorn with a red and yellow mane and salomie coat. She levitated a glass filled with my best scotch and took a sip now and then.

“Who are you? What are you doing in my house?”

“I’m sorry, where are my manners? My name is Sunset Shimmer. I’m leader of a secret organization, the ‘Human Equestrians’.”

“Never heard of you.”

“Of course not, otherwise we wouldn’t be a secret organization, right? Anyway, I know what the princess told you, that you are the first human coming to Equestria and so on. See, I can assure that was a lie.”

She rose from the couch and her horn began to glow as she started to transform right in front of my eyes. A few seconds later, a young woman faced me. I was totally shocked.

“I’m also a born human, Lyra. And I have the ability to be a real human whenever I want. Isn’t that great? Listen. With my help, you can do this, too. I know you want to be a human again, at least sometimes. Right now, I’m the only one who can do this, but you can help us to get enough power so that all of us can ourselves again. All you have to do is one simple task: Get the portal.”

What is going on here? - You heard her. You can be human again! You simply have to do what she says! - I’m not sure about that. It all seems a bit odd to me. - Don’t be silly, you know you want to be yourself again! Do it!

“I see you’re struggling with yourself, Lyra. So here’s the deal: I’ll give you a little time to think about my offer. In three days, I’ll come back to you and get your answer. But know this: We don’t like to get disappointed.”

She turned into a pony again and disappeared from one second to another.

I need a drink right now. Where’s my scotch?


The next morning a gentle voice woke me. I opened my eyes and realized I was alone in my bed. Just when I started to ask myself where Bon Bon went, she entered through the door with a huge tray on her back.

“I thought I’d make breakfast for you.” she chuckled with a smile.

“Listen, we have to talk, Bons. Yesterday, while you slept-”

“Are you serious? I make you bed-breakfast and you start to breakup with me?” she froze.

“What? No! No, no, I had nothing like that in mind. Listen, while you slept that night, I heard something downstairs and went to take a look. We must go back to the castle this instant!”

But she made breakfast for you! You can’t just let it become depraved, can you?

After we rushed through her breakfast (which was totally awesome) we went to Princess Twilight. Bon Bon’s idea of course.

“Twilight’s assistant Spike is the fastest way to communicate with Princess Celestia. I’m sure she’ll let us send this one letter.”

I knocked at her door and explained the situation in a few sentences. Not everything of course, but enough to make her understand it was really important.

“Sure Spike will send this letter for you. Come on in, you can wait here for the princess to respond.”

It took not even five minutes. Spike burped, green flames blazed out of his mouth and he had an answering letter.

“The princess wants you two to go to the castle immediately! What’s going on there? Can I come with you?” even though Spike was the personal assistant of a princess, he still was curious like a little whelp.

“Spike, don’t be silly, I think the princess would have contacted us, too, if she wanted us to escort Lyra and Sweetie. But a short visit in Canterlot would be nice indeed… how about that,” Twilight turned towards us. “I can bring you to the castle almost as fast as the princess’ spell. But in return, you’ll tell me a little more about what’s going on, alright?”

Bet that’s why Spike still is this curious about everything, his 'owner' is the personification of curiousity!

“Good idea, thanks, princess!” Bon Bon jumped excited and we followed Twilight several stairs up to the top of her house.

“Really? That’s ‘almost as far as the princess’ spell’? That’s a balloon!” I looked at our ‘vehicle’ and sighed. It’s still faster than the train.

“Don’t be deceived by its look. You’ll see, a little unicorn magic and a pegasus’ wings can speed this up a lot” Twilight responded smirking.


Oh my god, I’m about to throw up.. what is she doing with this damn balloon?

It took us about ten minutes to fly right to the castle. Seeing Twilight, the guards let us pass all the way to Princess Celestia.

“Princess! We came as fast as possible!”

“Sure. Now explain me: what exactly happened last night?”

I looked to Twilight, but princess Celestia made no measures to send her out of the room, so I started and told her everything. She interrupted my not a single time, just sat there and listened.

“Well, I was sure to meet Sunset Shimmer again one day. But first of all, I think it’s time to tell you the whole truth. Sunset Shimmer is right: You aren’t the first human who entered Equestria. There are many more than you think, and she is one of them. She was the first human here. And she was my student before you, Twilight. I hoped I could close the differences between us and the humans and win new allies. But Sunset proved me wrong. She is an evil being, and I taught her in the strongest magic available in Equestria. After I found out that she just used me for her own aims, I banished her from the castle and sent her into the darkest edge of Equestria.”

“And now she knows, where she can find the portal and gain unlimited power?” Twilight supposed.

“Not quite. She won’t get any power from the portal as it. She needs something more to do that.” Celestia turned to me. “She needs you. You are the only traveler that has found true love in Equestria. She needs the power of your love. And once she has both, the portal and you, Equestria won’t ever be the way it was before. Discords little attack a few years ago” she now looked at Twilight ”is nothing, compared with what is about to happen then.”

Twilight went totally pale. That’s not good, I’m sure about that.