• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 2,537 Views, 47 Comments

The Fool in Equestria - Autismo555



A masked human trickster appears in Equestria. With Discord and Pinkie as his new pranking buddies, what could go wrong?

  • ...
4
 47
 2,537

Strange Encounter of the Foolish Kind

Strange Encounter of the Foolish Kind

The Fool walked merrily down the dirt path to a part unknown. He hummed his “Merry-Go-Round Broke Down” tune as he carried his staff at the upper half of his back by his shoulders, his tap shoes tap-tapping on the ground beneath him while he followed the road to somewhere.

The Fool felt tired from walking. He slid the staff down his right arm, twirled it and thrust it in the ground. He took a deep breath and outstretched his arms as he soaked in the fresh summer sky.

“Oh, what a beautiful day it is today!” he sang out, his head uplifted towards the sky. “The sky is blue, the birds are singing and the sun is shining down on my face! Oh, wait, you can’t see my face 'cause I have a mask. Hohohoho-hahahahaha!”

The Fool lifted his staff out of the ground and swung it behind his back. He proceeded down the path and sung another tune.

“I’m walkin’ on sunshine!
Whoa-oh!
I’m walkin’ on sunshine!
Whoa-oh!
I’m walkin’ on sunshine
Whoa-oh-oh!
And it’s startin’ to feel--!”

BOOM!

Just as The Fool sung that last word to the verse, a clasp of thunder resounded in the sky. The well-dressed jester looked up and saw rainclouds move in as fast as the picked-up wind. Then he was drenched in a sudden downpour, dimming the whole entire area he walked in.

“--good.”

The Fool looked around him at the dreary field and shrugged. “Well, my mistake, I thought I was walking on something and I thought it was preferably sunshine. Oh well, as Momma Fool would say, 'Make the most out of whatever you have, my son.' And make it I shall, like I do every day! Hohohoho-hahahaha!"

To that end, the Fool took his staff and twirled it in his hand. He walked on the path into the storm as he began to sing.

“IIIIII’m singin’ in the rain,
Just siiiiiingin’ in the rain,
What a glooooorious feeeeling,
I’m haaaaappy agaaaaiiiiin.”

The Fool jumped onto a skinny tree and clutched it by one arm and raised his free arm to the sky..

“I’m laughin’ at clooouuuds,
So daaarrrrk up abooooove...”

He jumped down and hugged the tree.

“The sun’s in my heeeaaart,
And I’m reeeeaaaady for love.
Let the stoooorrrrmy clouds chase,
Everyonnnnne from the place...”

The Fool took off his hat, and held each item in one hand and lifted his soaked head back up to the gray skies.

“Come on with the rain,
I have a smiiiiile on my faaaaace.”

With his hat back on, The Fool continued walking and spun his staff by the round end.

I walk down the laaaaane,
With a haaaappy refraaaiiin.
I’m singiiiin,’
Singin’ in the raaaiiiin.”

The Fool tossed his staff and began to dance.

“Daaaaancin’ in the raaaiiin,
Ya-dee-ya, dee-ya-dee-ya-dee-yaaaahh.”

The Fool turned on one foot and tapped with the other foot. He spun with his shoes a-tapping with his hand still gripping his staff before he once again took his hat off and lifted his masked face to the sky.

“I’m happy agaaaaiiin...”

He strut a few moves, turned and shot his arms to his sides. He took his hat, and twirled it with his hand back on his head. He motioned his hand over his staff as if he was playing a guitar with his prized possession, turned down on his knees and looked back up to the heavens.

“I’m singiiiiing,
And singing iiiiin the raaaaiiin!”

CRACK!

A bolt of lightning struck where The Fool stood. The jester was now a walking pile of soot, still playing his imaginary guitar on his metal staff, wearing a bulletproof metal smile on his chest and concealed his face in a metal mask. The rain washed some of the soot off as The Fool coughed a smoke puff from his lungs.

*COUGH* “Let’s hope the audience likes a good song and dance more than the big palookas upstairs.”

The Fool took his trusty staff, kept twirling it in his hand and danced down the path. His shoes’ taps were drowned out by the pitter-patter of heavily falling rain. Wherever the path took The Fool, he hoped it was somewhere dry.

His threads were custom made and were machine-washable only.

^ W ^

The Fool whistled his rainy tune as the rain ceased its pour and set his tap shoe outside of the forest. Ten yards ahead of him, he saw before him a small and quaint village just over a quiet stream.

The Fool tilted his head in confusion.

“Hold on a minute,” he said, reaching into his tuxedo pocket. “This doesn’t look like Montreal to me.”

He took out a tiny, single folded square of paper. He unfolded, once, twice, three times, four...pretty soon, after forty unfolds, he was looking at a full-length map of the United States. He looked it over a few times and found his mistake.

“Oh, yep, yep...I knew I should’ve taken that left turn in Albuquerque.” The Fool looked over his map to the village ahead. “I wonder if the maroons in that neighborhood would point me in the right direction to the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival.”

In a quick flick of the wrists, the Fool folded his map back to its tiny square form. He adjusted his hat, spun his staff in midair and caught with his hand and ultimately walked to the village, hopefully to give a laugh and get directions to Canada.

^ W ^

WELCOME TO PONYVILLE
Home to Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Behind the sign and in the village streets were ponies walking about, all of a different gender (mostly female), all of different types (unicorns, pegasus or neither) and all in a different style. The Fool tilted his head sideways in confusion.

“So this must be what they call a horse of a different color. Hohohohoho-hahahaha!” The Fool jumped off the edge of the sign and straightened himself up. “No matter. If I’m seeing them now, then I must be high or it must be something I ate. Either way, I'm getting answers here.”

The Fool inhaled deeply and jumped out from behind the sign. Every pony in the streets turned to the colorful biped at the edge of town.

“Greetings, my fellow mammalians! Does anyone know the way to Canada for the Comedy Festival!?”

The ponies looked at The Fool with big white eyes and tiny colorful dots in the center. Everyone stood frozen like a petrified statue. No one moved, said a word, or made a little noise. No burp, cough or even a little pfft.

...

...

...

“EEEEEEEEK! A MONSTER!”

A contagion of screams swept all over the entire village. The ponies ran around in a frenzied panic, knocking the flower stands over and taking refuge in a random building. The colorful equine ran around the streets, screaming their heads off in mindless fright.

“EVERYPONY RUN! WE HAVE A MONSTER IN PONYVILLE!”

“SOMEPONY CALL FOR PRINCESS TWILIGHT! THAT THING COULD POSSIBLY EAT US ALL!”

The Fool panicked too, for he looked around for any sign of a monster.

“A monster!? Where!? Where is it!?”

Everypony stopped and pointed a collection of hooves at the jester.

“YOU’RE THE MONSTER!”

The Fool jumped back in shock and shrieked, now knowing his screaming accidentally caused even more mass panic in the village. In one minute flat, the once thriving populace of ponies became nothing but a ghost town. The Fool could’ve sworn he saw a cross-eyed grey pegasus tumble on the ground along with the winds.

"Yep. Definitely something I ate," he told the audience.

The Fool walked inside slowly. Out through his one-way mirror lenses in his eyes, the jester saw doors closing, window shutters shut and welcome mats dragged inside. With his arms raised into the air along with his staff, The Fool stood outside the center of Ponyville and declared himself to the equine population.

"Now, now, fair citizens of Ponyville, there's no reason for you to be afraid of me! I bring good tidings and I'm in need of a direction to Canada! It is important that I go there before the 14th of July!" The Fool's plead did not bring the ponies out of their hiding places.

"Don't be afraid! I am not here to harm any of you!" The Fool shouted again. "I am here to bring you laughter and joyousness to your mundane lives! Anyone!? Anyone at all!?"

Still nothing.

The Fool felt an all too familiar feeling of loneliness and alienation. Feeling left out and all alone, The Fool regained himself and pulled his hat down over his head in shame and sighed. If there was one thing that could sadden a jester, it would be being all alone in the world.

“Oh, it never fails,” he said with melancholy. “Everyone runs away from me whenever I appear into a different town. They go an hide in the nearest trash can and wait for me until I walk out of town. Now everyone will see how sad I am under this mask.”

...

...

“Oh, wait. I’m wearing a mask, so no one can see my face. Hohohoho-hahahaha!”

The Fool spun his staff in his hand, tossed over his head and caught it with his other hand. “No matter. Now these ponies have made me sad. And for that, I’m gonna have them pay like I did with the other towns I have been to...” The Fool said with his face growing shady at the moment. “...And that is by having a good clean prank. Hohohoho-hahahaha!”

The Fool turned off the flashlight shining on his face and tossed it away. "Oh well. Time to plan out my usual mischief!"

With that said, the neatly dressed jester turned right down a random street and out the outskirts of Ponyville, chuckling as he ventured down the dirt road in a comical style.

^ W ^

Fluttershy galloped into the streets of Ponyville, slowly refilling itself minutes after the arrival of the strange bipedal creature. The yellow pegasus stopped and overheard the following conversations as she continued the search for the perpetrator who hurt her grizzly friend on the path.

"Did you get a look at that thing?"

"Yeah, what in tarnation was that?"

"I don't know. It looked like a sideshow that escaped from a freakshow."

"No kidding. Those colors on his outfit really clash. How garish."

"Not to mention that face. Huhuhuhuh."

"I know. That thing's face sure looked like it was up to no good, that no good varmint."

"Tell me about it. That smile on that face is gonna keep me up for weeks."

Fluttershy trotted meekly up to the conversing mares, turning her gaze away from the ponies and drawing circles with her hoof. "Umm...If you don't mind me asking, girls...are you talking about a creature with a face that's always smiling? Because, I need to find it and have him apologize to Mr. Bear and..."

"Actually, Fluttershy, we could really use a creature tamer like you right now," one of the mares, Rainbow Dash interjected.

"Oh...really?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course, darling," Rarity said from the group. "You must simply retrieve that creature and bring him back here. That horrid outfit of his nearly burned my precious eyes out."

"Not to mention scarin' everypony to the point that mah cart was trampled over and now mah apples are spread all over the road like Zap Apple Jam." Applejack kicked a pebble in frustration with her forehoof. "That low down snake is gonna pay fer all o' the apples lost in that panic."

"Umm...actually, I was looking for him anyway, so..."

"You hear that, girls?" Rainbow Dash interjected Fluttershy once more. "Fluttershy has the situation taken care of, no problem. Now, Flutters, do you know where you could find a creature that stands about as tall as Princess Celestia and has a big goofy grin on his face?"

"Actually, I was hoping you would--"

"Hey, girls! Over here!"

Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash trotted to Applejack, pointing at the muddy tracks in the road. It was a weird shoe print, with strange dot-like patterns near the edges of the shapes. "Ah reckon that whatchamacallit left this here print when it arrived here in Ponyville."

"What a weird shape," Rainbow Dash said mildly disgusted.

"I agree. That has to be about a ten and a half size shoe we're dealing with here," Rarity concurre, earning stern looks from her friends. "What?"

"Look, it doesn't matter what size this guy's shoe is!" Rainbow Dash said sternly. "All we need to know is where the owner of that shoe is headed."

"But the tracks lead on down that street," Applejack stated with a hoof pointing down the road. "And if Ah didn't know better, than those tracks must lead too..." Everypony gasped as they knew where exactly the biped was headed off to. "Oh no! We gotta get to the girls before that thing does!"

Fluttershy gasped. Her face transformed instant into a face of rage. "That big, dumb, meanie!! First he hurts Mr. Bear on purpose, now he's going after innocent little fillies!?" she yelled, drawing her friends back. "How dare he!! Now that big meanie is going to get the Stare!!"

Fluttershy instant recoiled herself, instantly realizing that she was drawing unwanted attention to herself.

"Umm, I mean...let's go?"

Just like the bear before, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack rolled their eyes.

Author's Note:

Second chapter.

Enjoy! Comment! Like!

Song: Singin' in the Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEvy-9yVyQ