• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 1,049 Views, 30 Comments

The Cassandra Chronicles, Some Extras - CassandraMyOCisBestpony



My OC Cassandra returns as protector of the world, and the Mane 7's friendship. These are her adventures and day-to-day experiences.

  • ...
46
 30
 1,049

The Mountain

Fluttershy was hard at work feeding her animals. The ferrets and birds downed their food without complaint, but Angel Bunny was a different story.

"Please eat your carrot" said Fluttershy, but Angel crossed his arms and threw the carrot on the ground. "Two bites?" he shook his head. "One bite?" He ignored her. "Ok then little guy," a grinning smile crossed Fluttershy's face, "how about you eat it all, or I tell Cassandra that you're being difficult." Angel gasped and snarfed down his carrot. "You don't look like you're enjoying it very much. Do I need to tell Cassandra that you're ungrateful for the food I provide?" Angel forced a smile and looked up at his master pleadingly. "Didn't think so. Now you eat up, ok?"

*****

"Attention everypony" said Twilight, "There is a big black cloud of smoke settling over Ponyville. Doesn't really affect you, my friends and I are going to take care of it. Soooo... just go about your business I guess." She went back to town and met Cassandra.

"Cassandra, why do we need all seven of us to go when you're perfectly capable of handling it yourself?"

"Because Fluttershy's talent is caring for animals. She needs to learn about every species." said the wizened and beautiful Cassandra.

Twilight gushed, "Wow Cassandra, there's so much I can learn from you!"

"You should follow along. In fact, let's get the whole gang to join us. If nothing else they can carry our supplies." They did an A-Team montage with the seven of them gathering supplies. Cassandra was a master of guns and magic, so she brought some of both.

They arrived at the mountain, but Fluttershy said, "I'm scared to climb." The others groaned but Cassandra said,

"It's ok, you don't get a toned body like mine without doing a little walking. Besides, that rock wall is so vertical that there's a good chance that one of you would slip and fall off." They agreed that Cassandra's advice was solid and they should trust it. They continued on, and Rarity played tic-tac-toe with Pinkie Pie.

"Oh bollocks, I've lost again." cursed Rarity.

"I'll give you the secret to never losing for five sessions of practice kissing" offered Cassandra. Rarity agreed, They came to a scary looking crevasse, and Fluttershy was afraid to jump, so Cassandra sang the "Hop, Skip, and a Jump" song to help her. Even with her help, Fluttershy couldn't make it across.

"Flutterhsy, how about I just carry you the rest of the way?" said Cassandra exasperatedly.

"I-I can ride on your back?" said Flutterhsy nervously. This was a new level of touching for them.

"Sure, hop on. My level 99 strength should be sufficient."

"O..ok." It was a dream for Fluttershy, to mount her idol like that. With her heart beating like a drum, she placed herself on Cassandra's strong back. Her muscles felt nice, her coat was pleasantly soft, and her wings were pleasantly downy. Also her body was very warm.

"Alright everypony, let's move out." said Cassandra. They came to an avalanche, but Cassandra used Minecraft magic to fix the mountain. She found diamonds inside the rubble. Also, an army of creepers attacked, but they were no match for the mighty Cassandra, who was just as nimble even with Fluttershy on her back.

Finally they came to the dragon's cave.

"Ah have an idea!" said Applejack, "Ah'll solve this problem with apples!"

"How exactly?" said Cassandra.

""Honestly, ah ain't quite sure, but seein' as ah brought nothin' but apple stuff, ah got no choice but ta make it work somehow."

"Fair enough."

Applejack went into the cave and took an apple fritter out of her saddlebag. She placed it on a plate and laid it before the dragon. "Howdy dragon, do ya want a nice apple fritter?" The dragon snubbed and turned his head away. Applejack was furious at his rejection, "What th' hell dragon?! Well fine then, if yer gonna be like this, then ah don't gotta be sweet!" She took a bottle of apple cider out and hurled it at the dragon. It bounced off his tough scale armor and flew back at Applejack, hitting her square in the skull, and she died.

"Hey Applejack, you still alive in there?" called Cassandra. She peered into the cave, "Well shit. Who wants to try next?" They looked expectantly at Fluttershy.

"I... can't" whimpered the pusillanimous pegasus.

"Fluttershy, you have to" insisted Twilight.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid of dragons.

"But Fluttershy," begged Twilight, "you have to be the one to-" Cassandra held up a hoof.

"It's ok Twilight. I'll handle this." Cassandra flew into the cave and approached the dragon bravely. "Dragon! I am Cassandra, long-lost sister to the Princess and the most powerful pony in Equestria. I demand that you move to a location where your snoring will not disturb us." The dragon flew off compliantly. Everypony cheered, the day had been won. Cassandra let Fluttershy ride her on the journey home.

Cassandra broke the world record for number of times bouncing a ball on one's head, and Twilight began writing her friendship report.

Dear Princess Celestia. Today I learned a most wonderful lesson from my good friend Cassandra. While it's great if every member of a team can contribute something, there's no reason designate each pony a role just for the sake of narrative. Indeed, Cassandra showed us that there's no shame in letting one pony do all the work if she's better at everything.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.