• Published 16th Nov 2013
  • 2,320 Views, 203 Comments

Sins Never Die - CodenameOne



Equestria and the Griffons wage war as humanity's UNSC aids the Griffons. The dragons aid ponykind, and the Covenant Empire search for an ancient race.

  • ...
21
 203
 2,320

Two. Sixteen: Requiem for Equestria

ALERT: important announcement in the author's note at the end of this chapter.

Two. Sixteen
Requiem for Equestria

“WHAT in the name of Tartarus below is that damn thing?! Did the Equestrians build that?!” Chancellor Steelbeak exclaimed, pointing to the hologram of the Covenant battlecruiser on the bridge of the Kabato.

“No, it was built by the biggest threat our race knows; the Covenant Empire. Looks like they struck up an alliance with the Equestrians and Dragons” Captain Kuyaki answered.

“That damn thing has lasered FOUR of my cities into glowing pools! I hope you have a plan to deal with it!” Steelbeak stated.

“Not yet! I need time to think it over. Standing orders for destroyers and frigates are to run when faced with Covenant ships of this size, but I won’t do so, not when I’m so close to my goal! We’ll have to find a way to fight, somehow.”

“Why not just blast it? You have your MAC! And your Flash-Bombs!” the Chancellor decreed. Adam shook his head, showing a representation of the energy shields.

“Magic... Probably granted to them by the Equestrians” the Griffon leader scoffed.

“Not magic; science. All Covenant ships have these energy shields. They can be broken, but it takes tremendous force” Adam explained.

“Damn... I bet the Equestrians are loving the Covenant right now” Steelbeak commented.

“Actually, I wonder what the Equestrians really have to say about the Covenant...”

-=-=-=-=-

The three Princesses of Equestria stood on the address stage of Canterlot, standing before a crowd of thousands of ponies. Hovering over the royal city was the Covenant battlecruiser Zealous Faith, the High Lord Aldurmaax next to the Princesses.

“You are sure about this?” Celestia asked, craning her neck to look up at Aldurmaax, who nodded eagerly. The Princess had never seen him this happy, or happy at all. She knew more than anyone else the extent of the Dragons’ religion, more than the actual Dragons knew. She knew what De’mah ‘Tokam was, what kind of dark secrets he held and hid from the ‘Div’. She knew what kind of beings the Sangheili were. She would never tell the Dragons the truth, though. She would never tell anyone.

A purple beam was cast down from the battlecruiser and a Sangheili descended, the same one from the Summer Sun Celebration. He landed on the stage with a thud, stalking over to where the Princesses stood.

Aldurmaax bowed.

“What is your name?” Celestia asked.

“N’por ‘Tumai” the Sangheili growled. Their voices were always deep and powerful.

“You come to Equestria seeking the Div; the Dragons. They worship you as Gods. You also come with the means to destroy humanity, the gravest enemy we have ever faced. We ask to see the power you hold, so we may judge it for ourselves” Princess Celestia declared.

N’por nodded, turning back to face his ship. He motioned to the vessel, and it answered. From the nose of the gargantuan ship came a purple beam, lancing out above the royal city. Several empty airships had been set up as targets. The beam hit the airship and it exploded, vaporized in under a second. The other weapons of the ship discharged, obliterating the other airships.

Moving away from Canterlot the Faith moved towards a small island, completely barren except for a few trees. It positioned itself over the island, lining up a large circle on the bottom that was starting to glow.

“Goodness that is bright. It’s hurting my eyes!” Twilight yelled, averting her gaze from the glow. It finally discharged, raining down a beam on the island. The impact annihilated the island, and the heat began to boil away the lake it was in. Collateral damage. Within seven seconds the island and lake were gone, leaving only a giant crater.

Aldurmaax could not help but grin ear to ear in awe of the Covenant’s power, but the Princesses, and indeed all of pony-kind, were mortified.

“Mother above, that was far too much” Luna commented, looking at her sister. The Sangheili turned around, and Aldurmaax looked down. Celestia was staring at where the island and lake used to be, unable to take her eyes away.

“The High Lord here believes you have a problem with humanity. That they have crushed your world and left you battered. I have the power to eradicate them from the face of this earth!” N’por growled, tightening his fist.

“No! No more violence! We can not bear it any longer! This is absurd! Your guns VAPORIZED an entire island and lake! They are far too powerful! We can not see more violence. Please go” Celestia said.

N’por’s expression did not change, he merely stood in place, and Aldurmaax was looking back and forth at the two parties.

“So be it” N’por grumbled, turning back to the grav lift and ascending it, Aldurmaax taking off after him.

“Mother... I need to take a rest” Celestia said, quickly leaving the stage and heading back to the palace. The crowd began to murmur, but dispersed.

Twilight sighed, relieved. She was glad to see the Princess still standing up for Equestria’s non-violent beliefs. “I do think we dodged a bullet with that one” Twilight commented, looking over her shoulder at Luna, who shook her head.

“It doesn’t matter. Every gun on this planet is trained on us right now.”

-=-=-=-=-

Shipmaster ‘Tumai sat in the control room, looking at the feed of Canterlot, the Royal Equestrian City. His hand hovered over the firing stud for the plasma projector, his mind debating over destroying them.

Aldurmaax sat at his side, staring at the Sangheili’s hand. He didn’t know what to do; he was still ferociously loyal to the Equestrians, but his God was sitting right next to him.

“Please, do not hurt them, my lord” Aldurmaax said.

N’por’s eyes darted back and forth over the firing stud and the city, still indecisive. The Equestrians posed no threat to him, but they dared show disgust at the might of his ship. On the other hand, the Div were very close allies to them, and hurting the Equestrians might drive away the Div.

N’por curled his fist and set it down on the armrest, putting the cover back over the stud. “We will not destroy them. But should they fight at humanity’s side in the coming battles, I will kill them without hesitation” the Shipmaster declared.

“Of course, my lord.”

Author's Note:

This story, Sins Never Die, will be on hiatus between the dates 21 December, 2013, and 6 January, 2014, in celebration of the holiday season and new year. Updates will return after January 6, 2014.

Legal disclaimer: N'por 'Tumai, Aldurmaax, and all related characters belong to me. Princess Celestia, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and all related characters are copyright to Hasbro. My Little Pony is copyright to Hasbro. Halo is copyright to Microsoft Studios. All other characters and intellectual properties are copyright to their parent companies and respective affiliates.