• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 671 Views, 20 Comments

The New Crusader - Dayvanr



The CMC hear that they will be having a new teacher at school. They are as excited as everypony else when they hear the news. However, none of the class expected a certain oddity about him.

  • ...
1
 20
 671

The New Teacher

It was a nice sunny morning in Ponyville, and the cutie mark crusaders were heading to school. After a weekend of attempting to earn their cutie marks, much to no success, they were not in the best of spirits. Apparently trying to catch a muddy pig on the farm, attempting to build an out house, and digging a well weren't their cutie mark earning talents ether.

"I feel way too tired to go to school", groaned Scootaloo, " why did we think those were good ideas again?"

Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle stopped, pondered the thought for a moment, and could only shrug their shoulders. The ideas were just that, ideas. Granted that only a few parts of the ordeals turned out to be fun. Most of them didn't work, leaving them at the end of day without a cutie mark and covered in dirt.

"Chin up, gals. After all you know what they say, the... um... however manyith times the charm", said Apple bloom as they continued their way to school. "We'll just try somethin' new", she reassured.

"Well then, what do we want to try today?" Sweetie Belle asked. "Hopefully something that doesn't involve that much hard work for little reward."

"We'll figure something out," Scootaloo said with a grin., "but for now, lets not be late for school."

The three fillies then, with a new spring in their step, made their way to the school house.


Making it to the classroom with plenty of time to spare, the fillies noticed something peculiar. Behind the front desk was a stallion talking to Ms. Cheerilee. He was a gray pegasus with red eyes and a short brown mane with red tips. He was kind of short, and a little skinny.

"Do you gals know who that is? Because I'm drawin' a blank", Applebloom asked.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell could only shake their heads. They didn't know who in Equestria this stallion was. He didn't look familiar to them, so he must be new in town.

"You blank flanks haven't heard? Have you been living under a rock?" a mocking voice said to them. With out looking they already knew it belong to.

"I wouldn't say a under a rock, but more in a well", Scootaloo retorted.

"No, Diamond Tiara," Sweetie Bell deadpanned, "are you going to tell us or not."

Diamond Tiara was not happy at her tone, but smirked knowing that she had knowledge over them. Though she didn't know what Scootaloo was talking about with the well. It made her laugh at them none the less.

"Since you don't know. We are getting a second teacher", she said in her usual bratty tone. "He will handle most likely teach some classes and Ms. Cheerilee will handle the rest."

"Why would we need a second teacher?' asked Scootaloo

"Obviously the class has been getting bigger," said Diamond Tiara.

"Yeah but Ms. Cheeriliee never had a problem before", Applebloom added.

"Town hall must have thought that the school needed enough teachers for students, duh", scoffed Diamond Tiara. "What can't get used to change? No wonder you blank flanks can't get your cutie marks."

The three fillies were about to tell her off when Cheeriliee called for the attention of her students, leaving the cutie mark crusaders to retreat to their desks.

"Well, class", Cheeriliee began with a smile, "as some of you may of heard, due to the increasing class size we have been given a new teacher. Say hello to our new friend Gray Coat."

"Hello Mr. Gray Coat", the class deadpanned, though it was still Monday morning so neither of their teachers minded all to much. The welcome was still enough to put a smile on Gray Coat's face it seemed.

"He will be officially starting to educate you tomorrow," continued Cheeriliee. "As for today he will just be getting a feel for the classroom and where to begin in his teachings. We will split the subjects up between us as well."

"Yes", said Gray Coat finally speaking up, "I will mainly be in charge of math and science, but I can still might be able to answer any questions in other subjects if need be. Also, I am kind of bad with names when I first meet ponies, so I apologize in advance if I get mixed up. "

The class could see that he was a little nervous, but who wouldn't be, though he seemed to be getting a little more comfortable the more he spoke to them.

"Would you like to share a little bit more about yourself to your tomorrow to be students?" Cheeriliee asked.

"Lets see", he began, "I am from Manehatten, so this small town seems quieter than a dog with a muzzle. I moved here yesterday and am currently living in a nice small house in the middle of town. Best sleep I've had in years by the way. I have a cat. His name is Spot. Despite the fact that he is cream with orange stripes." He then seemed to ponder a thought for a moment, but then just shook his head.

"I don't have anything else to say that isn't more rambling," Gray Coat said turning to Cheeriliee, "do you have more to add before I go sit over there and let you get started with class?"

"No, we said everything that was really important," she replied. However before she could get a word out the class let out a gasp. When Gray Coat moved from behind the front desk the whole class couldn't believe their eyes.

"What?” Gray Coat asked with a puzzled expression, not noticing that the class was shocked to see that he had no cutie mark.

Author's Note:

This chapter is a little short, but I promise that later ones will probably be longer. I will welcome any critics and or grammatical error point outs. Thank you for reading