• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 381 Views, 17 Comments

flutter away into the darkness of the night - Alice no Kurai Umi



it's time for the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony to save their friend, Flutter Night, from sinking into the depths of despair

  • ...
 17
 381

chapter 6 ~ Princess Luna's letter

chapter 6 ~ Princess Luna's letter

Star Sentinel took the letter and opened it. It read:

Dear Star Sentinel,

By the time you receive this letter from Nymphia, I will already be dead. By now you would probably have met Seraphic Night, the Angel of the Night. I will give you some history about the Night. Ever since the Night was born, the Angel always helped everyone by helping us with the Night. And the Prince or Princess was the Angel's eternal partner. There is something I have kept secret from you for nine whole years.
A few days after I adopted you, the new Prince of the Night, me and your Auntie Tia adopted a blue violet pegasus filly that was about your age.
She became our little sister, whom we named Silent Seraph. I knew she was the new Angel of the Night, our savior.
But as time passed and you two were about six years old, me and your Auntie Tia found out that your Auntie Silence, what you called her, was born to fill Equestria with eternal night. So me and Auntie Tia brought her to a house where she lived with her demon, Seraphic Nightmare.
We erased yours, Nymphia's and her memories, but we let Seraphic Nightmare remember everything from the past.
We also knew that bearers of the Elements of Harmony were going to die after us so we told them all about the new bearers...
You are the new bearer of the Element of Loyalty. Your childhood friends, Pure Jewel, is the new bearer of the Element of Generosity, White Angelic is the new bearer of the Element of Kindness and Silver Snow is the new bearer of the new element, peace.
Finally the last bearer is your Auntie Silence, whom we renamed as Flutter Night, the bearer of the final element, happiness.
Flutter Night is actually the ruler of Equestria, but we had Nymphia help while you four help her gain her memories back.
As your mother and beloved sister of Flutter Night, you must save her from sinking into the depths of despair.

Your beloved mother,

Princess Luna

ps: In order for Seraphic Nightmare to be fully awakened, Flutter Night must be alone for a long time. Her mind must be filled with despair and tears must never stop until Seraphic Night is fully awakened.

Star Sentinel began to felt tears falling from his eyes, then glanced at Seraphic Nightmare, "You knew all this?"
The spirit nodded, "I had no choice..."
The colt glanced at the spirit, "How did I feel for her, long ago?"
"You truly loved and admired your Auntie Silence... She was the only one who understood and knew what you've been through," the spirit replied.
"Nymphia? Did you know that the role of you was to do that? Star asked.
The princess looked at the colt, "Yes. Auntie Tia told me that until the ruler remembers the past and comes back, I was to help."
Silver Snow glanced at the two cousins, "Well now we know who is what element's bearer. but what about Flutter Ni---"
The alicorn was interrupted by a royal guard, "Your Majesty, we found a new suspect. Her name is Flutter Night."
The princess and the other ponies gasped, "What?!"
The princess looked at the guard, "Where did you send her?"
The guard dipped his head, "To the Everfree forest. What's wrong?"
The princess glanced at the others.
"Could you leave the room? I'll talk to you later," she told the guard.
He nodded, leaving the room so the ponies could talk.

Seraphic Nightmare felt a lot of despair in her master's mind.
She whispered, "It's too late, she is finally awakened..."
The spirit started to fade into thin air until there was nothing left.
The five ponies glanced at where the spirit used to be and the princess whispered, "We're too late... Eternal night is coming..."
Star Sentinel flipped to the back of the letter, "There's something here..."
He read it to himself:
Star Sentinel, as the Prince of the Night, you must always listen to the Angel of the Night, no matter what. Even if you are the bearer of the Element of Loyalty.

~~~

Flutter Night, who was still crying in the Everfree forest, glanced at the darkness of the trees. Seraphic Nightmare was now in the darkness of her mind and the filly began to glow.
She became a blue-violet alicorn with large bat wings, bloody red eyes and a starry lavender mane. The alicorn opened her sharp bloody red eyes and looked at the sun.
Equestria will be filled with the dark and eerie night, forever!

The alicorn flew to Canterlot, crashing into the room of Princess El.
The five ponies and the four demons saw her.
The alicorn glared at the princess then laughed, "Say goodbye to your precious sun, Your Highness. Because today is the last day, you will ever see the sun forever!"
Then the Angel of the Night glanced at Star, the Prince of the Night, "My dear, come over here."
The colt nodded and walked over next to the blue-violet alicorn.
Silver Snow looked at Star, surprised, "What are you doing, Star? Does it have to do with what was written on the back of that letter?"
The colt looked at his precious friends, "I'm sorry, but I must always stay with the Angel of the Night."
The blue-violet alicorn smiled at the colt and spoke softly, "Let's go, Your Highness."
The colt quietly nodded in reply.
They flapped their bat wings and flew off.
The sun had disappeared as the moon rose up into the sky.

It was the beginning of eternal night for Equestria...