• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 1,167 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria Quest - Iwano Imagination



After the Pure War, Iwano W. Morgan and his people in Imaginundia were safe once again. After becoming a brony, newfound darkness was born in his heart, taking him to Equestria. The dark of Harmony awaits the Mane Six, the Princesses, and Iwano.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,167

Chapter 3: Enter with Colors

This was just like the time when I was in the Land of Ooo. Princess Bubblegum identified me as a threat (which was true) and interrogated me in a dungeon in the Candy Kingdom with Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. I was supposed to be excited to meet and see the Land of Ooo, but I was wrong… just like this one. Maybe things would turn up good after this.

Before I knew it, I was in Canterlot's Castle on the way to the throne room of Princess Celestia.

My bottom was pushed by two Pegasi Royal guards using their heads. Following us were the Mane Six and Spike. I was all plain and there were no violent reactions from me, though I managed a scared face.

"Excuse me, sirs?" I courteously asked. "I could just walk, if you don’t mind."

"The princess's orders were to push you to the throne room—like this," the first Royal Guard reminded, though it was like he wanted to just let me walk.

"And you have the right to remain silent!" the second one chided.

I wasn't expecting this to happen, I thought to myself. I hope this isn’t like my first time in the Candy Kingdom…

Two Unicorn Royal guards opened the royal doors as we all entered. There were no other Royal guards in the room other than the pushers and the door guards. And I thought they would all have to headbutt me to Celestia. The lights were on and everything was normal inside, except two Royal guards pushing me.

"The two of you are dismissed," Twilight said to the guards. They saluted to her and flew away to the doors, and closed them shut.

They finally stopped pushing me when we reached Celestia by her throne. The Mane Six and Spike all waited for the princess to start talking. With Celestia was Luna beside the throne, looking at me with hatred. She was still angry? Cadance wasn’t here. I thought she was doing some important royal duty in the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor, her husband. Ugh.

There was silence.

The princess examined me from her throne. Her eyes were really observing me with intent, though she didn't have the same hateful expression as Luna’s. I was glad about it.

"Where are your wings?" she asked, but she was not accosting unlike Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, the Royal guards and Twilight. How did she know?

"What wings? I have no wings," I lied in my best casual tone. "I am just a regular old Unicorn like every other in Equestria."

"From where, exactly?" she asked again. I thought I have to be in Casual-Lie Mode now (not a mode).

"I am from Los Pegasus."

"What is your favorite color?"

"Yellow," I answered again, but this time I wasn't lying about my fave color.

"What is your favorite hobby or hobbies?"

"Reading and writing stories." I was expecting Twilight to get interested of me when I said my hobby of it, but she wasn’t.

"What is your favorite fruit?"

"Mangoes."

"How do you summon your wings?"

"Easy! I say alae—shoot!" My wings instantly came back to me in a flash of green light. Dang, I thought. She’s good…or am I just stupid?

Everypony gasped in marvel.

Celestia smiled. "You are the Alicorn in my dream."

I sighed and slap my face with my left hoof. "You caught me. Am I supposed to tell everything and every detail of whom I am and why I came here?"

She nodded.

"Yay, story time again!" Pinkie Pie said joyfully as she brought out a box full of popcorn and sat down again. Applejack rolled her eyes.

Okay, maybe I should stay cool.

"My name is Iwano Imagination. I came from a faraway kingdom called Imaginundia. I am a ruler—a powerful and skillful king—in that kingdom." I had to lie again a little more just to shroud my identity, for their safety, I thought. "Everypony there lived in harmony—Earth ponies, Unicorns and Pegasi."

Besides being a king there, I am an adventurer, too!" I flew several loops in the air and land. "Things have been great in my kingdom, until a great dark power was born within me through my sadness and insecure feelings. Though I was good, there were times that I may hurt my fellow subjects physically and emotionally," Twilight was listening to every word I say to see if I was telling the truth, which was a little. "So six days ago, I left my kingdom in the hands of my loyal assistant and went on a journey to find the rumored possessors of the Elements of Harmony who all reside in Ponyville, as I heard. I met many creatures along the way. And I think I encountered one of your 'friends', too." The ponies looked at each other in question, except Twilight. "I named my dark powers the 'Elements of Dissonance', for they are the opposite of your elements. That is all."

I ended my story.

"The Elements of Dissonance?" Twilight mused. "Dissonance means discord and discord means..." Her expression became alert as she realizes what it meant.

"Correct, Twilight," Celestia said. "For that, I will give you all the mission for the six—including Spike—of you ponies: all of you must prevent and cure the Elements within Iwano. Each of you possesses an element opposite of his that may help him control or better wash it away. I know the elements were returned to the Tree of Harmony, but that does not mean all of you can't help. Do you all understand the importance of this task?"

Without a single complaint, the ponies humbly accepted.

"We'll do our best, princess," Applejack said.

"Clearly I may give him the proper etiquette to my element," Rarity said.

"Count me in!" Rainbow Dash said with pride, though I think she wouldn’t since she was a bit brash about it. I thought…

"We promise to help him understand," Fluttershy said softly. Fluttershy…

Twilight did not say anything. She kept her eyes on me the whole time without blinking for a second. She was looking at me in suspicion. She then sighs. "We will, princess. But if I may ask: why would you not help him instead?”

“I have too many duties for my kingdom and whole of Equestria, my faithful student,” Celestia asked. “I may have some wisdom, especially from all your Friendship Reports, but I think he needs to be livening up here.” She looked at me with hopeful eyes. I wished she was right about them helping me. "In order to prevent this chaos to fall in Equestria, we must help him see and understand the magic of friendship," Celestia said to the Mane Six then faced to me. "Iwano, you may interact, mingle and socialize with the other residents in Ponyville, even the one who resides in the Everfree Forest."

"Do you mean Zecora?" I guessed which was correct.

"How do you know Zecora?" Twilight asked.

"I just know, that's all," I answered. "Like, your name's Twilight Sparkle. You were tasked by the princess to research on the magic of friendship. And you also represent the Element of Magic." Twilight was agape.

I then turned to Applejack. "You're Applejack. You work and live in Sweet Apple Acres with Big McIntosh and Granny Smith. You like to work hard for your friends and family. You represent the Element of Honesty." She was then agape.

I then faced to the rest of the ponies. "You're Fluttershy," I said as I pointed a hoof on her. "You are very shy and timid. You take care and love animals, except scary ones like dragons. You used to live in Cloudsdale along with Rainbow Dash. You are the Element of Kindness." She was agape. I then pointed at Rarity. "You are Rarity. You love elegance and gems. You own the Carousel Boutique. You are actually a fancy type. You're the Element of Generosity." She was agape, too.

I was then grabbed by Pinkie Pie excitedly by the head. "Are you psychic?!” she asked eccentrically. Why did this look familiar, liked I’d seen this in a movie?

"No, I am not," I replied, still casual. "But you're Pinkie Pie. You worked at the Sugarcube Corner and you have the Pinkie Senses." Pinkie Pie's jaw hit the floor hard.

"Can we just please take him to Ponyville now before he gives stalker info on me?" Rainbow Dash whined. Celestia nodded.

The princess giggled but was not offended by the rainbow-colored mane pony. “As you wish, Rainbow Dash—oh, Iwano, do you have a time limit?”

I wanted to tell her that I only had seven days before my Dissonance can really took over me, but I did not brought it up because that would make the Mane Six and the princess uneasy. So I just shook. Celestia opened the throne room’s doors without ordering the Royal guards and let it open. I shut up for Rainbow Dash and walked with the Mane Six and Spike out of the throne room. Celestia thought about me. While she was at it, Luna forcibly closed the doors with her magic.

"You did not tell him that he was wrecking my job, my sister," Luna said angrily. "I could have just punished and thrown him into the dungeon for blocking my job! And he is Dissonance, you cannot trust him!”

Celestia sighed. "I will tell you something, Luna."

In Ponyville, I was hanging out with the Mane Six and Spike. I was having a great conversation with Pinkie Pie. She reminded me of my friend Vincent “Vice” Lacuna back in Reality. They both made me happy and laugh in a conversation of a random topic. Every time I looked at her, my heart pounded fast in an instance, faster than her comically pursuing Rainbow Dash in every land of Equestria.

I have to control it…

"I never knew your lil' brothers can be that baddy-naughty with your stuff," Pinkie Pie said as she was amused of the story on how my lil' brothers back in Reality did when they ran away from me with my books. "Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake's even worst! But they're actually super-duper fun to be with."

I was talking to her because she was enthusiastic to know me, but deep within I really didn’t wanted to chat with the most annoying pony I’d met.

"I hear ya, Pinkie," I said. "My lil' bros can be helpful and useful in one of my most important times, like finding my present for my best friend's birthday party."

"Ooohhh! Tell me about eeeeeverything about your friend's party!" I laughed a bit because of her enthusiasm. Maybe talking to her would help me for a while.

While I was telling her my story about my best friend's party—Naruto Uzamaki’s party—the rest of the Mane Six were wondering about me and staring at me, especially Twilight.

"How does he know about all of our names especially that we hardly have known him at all?" Rarity asked.

"How does he know 'ow we act and knew our personality?" Applejack asked too as she adjusted her Stetson hat. She must’ve been probably thinking of how I also know her mannerism.

"And do you guys think him and Pinkie Pie can—" Rainbow Dash chuckled and whisper to her friends. "Become couples?" she tried to contain her laughter. Why would she laugh?

"Why is that funny to you, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked.

"Nah, I'm just bored. But I'd like to see that happen—"

"Everypony!" Pinkie Pie and I dashed surprised the ponies and Rainbow Dash fell down in surprise as well.

"Iwano wants to do something for everypony in Ponyville!" Pinkie Pie excitedly. "Guess, guess, guess!"

"Uh, go around Ponyville and say 'hi' to everypony?" Twilight guessed.

"Nope! That—" Pinkie Pie pointed at me. I then winked at them. I concentrated on my magic, which made my horn glow golden yellow. After accumulating a bit of focus, I blasted a pink colored beam into the sky. Everypony in Ponyville, including the Mane Six and Spike, watched in wonder. After a minute, the beam splits up and scattered all over the town. Everypony is about to panic, but as the beams hit one of the cottages, they were instantly decorated with balloons, streamers and rainbow colored banners. Ponies hit by the pink beams got dressed in tuxedos and gowns--they were quite surprised and some were happy. The Mane Six were also hit and they were wearing their gowns from the Grand Galloping Gala. Everypony's dressed up elegantly and fashionably, even Rarity was kissing her own dress.

"What in blazing hooves is goin' on?" Applejack asked hesitantly with her dress.

"Pinkie Pie, what did you and Iwano planned?" Twilight asked. Pinkie Pie and I giggled.

"Just two words, Twilight:" I said. "Musical Colors!"

"Bring it!" Pinkie Pie said and became a one-pony orchestra. A happy tune was then played by her with a cassette player connected by four big speakers. Vinyl Scratch—she was wearing a silver colored gown decorated with small CDs and neon light outlines—put up her glasses and blinked in surprise. "How'd my speakers get there?" she asked Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "Iwano said he borrowed them.” Vinyl had no time to get mad, because I was now going to perform and sang a song which was an impromptu composition in my mind: Enter with Colors! I toned my voice with a wee bit of Adam Young, singer of Owl City.

What you were about to read in this story was the lyrics of my song "Enter with Colors". It was both a happy and sad toned music. If you readers didn’t know the tone at all, use your imagination.

ENTER WITH COLORS!

Hello everypony! My name is Iwano! [I was walking through the crowd of ponies]

All I want is for you all to know… [My horn was giving a small glow. This indicates that I’m using my magic, which was making my voice loud for the ponies to hear me]

That I’m a bit weird and quite strange [I zoomed to many ponies that made them easily startled. Well, I had that kind of habit of startling]

I like to act lively and not deranged [I flew up into the sky, flying above the cottages fast…]

But let’s just go on with my intro!!! […And used my magic to spread glitters everywhere. Pinkie Pie opened her mouth and swallowed some of the glitter. I bet she thought the glitters were sugar. She just savored the flavor. Weird...]

I am lazy and a bit dishonest [I landed on a crate softly and act lazy, then…]

But I’ll work hard for anypony that I promised [I pushed a cart of five barrels into the streets, just to show off my strength]

I always stay true to my word [I went to Applejack to said it]

And I love to eat food and not a sword [I went to Derpy and ate the muffin she was holding. She began to sob a bit, but I gave her a bag of muffins. Then I saw a stallion earth pony swallowing a sword]

Let’s just say I am true to myself

And I have a feeling that we’ll get along soon!!! [I went to the center of the crowd in joy]

I always feel that I am lonely,

Sad, isolated and so gloomy

Believe me I always have sadness [I showed everypony my true and sad expression. It hurt me in the inside to do it…]

But inside I do have happiness [I made a large smile and flew up again cheerfully and full of gaiety]

Happiness and smiles are everywhere [I used a bit of my magic to make everypony smile. Pinkie Pie excitedly followed me in pursuit of my “rain of happiness”]

Even in dark places like my heart [Pinkie Pie then saw a hammock hanging between two trees, and used it as a launcher for her to get to me. We then fell into…]

Let’s just laugh, prank, joke, dance and cream ourselves with some jam!!! [We fell into a large pool of jam! Where did this jam came from? We didn’t care! We just lied down and made jam angels!]

As you can all see?

That I’m not all that bulky [I pointed at a very bulky and white stallion pegasi. He looked like that “YEAH”pegasus from the episode “Hurricane Fluttershy”. He was a bit weird, but at least he helped in that episode]

But I am quite flexible [I put my hind hooves behind my back]

And it’s the same as being faithful [I went to Rainbow Dash and gave her an expression saying: Come and race!]

Occasionally I have faithlessness [Because of that, she and I raced fast and furiously through the clouds, the crowd of ponies and through the cottages. Everything we passed by were swaying through the wind that everypony’s mane were riding it. Rainbow Dash got a clown make-up all over her face. I giggled at her face, but she was full of competitiveness in racing me. Without even saying it, the finish line was reaching the Mane Six. By an inch, I reached them and won]

But for some reason I love to be loyal [Rainbow Dash was surprised and impressed of my speed. I was expecting her to go all impulsive on me]

Let’s go fast and zoom

Leaving a rainbow and let’s all be cool!!! [I used my magic again and blast a beam on the sky that turned into a rainbow. The populace of Ponyville was even more enjoyed than ever! Time to turn it up with a real fashion: me! I quickly used my magic yet again and glowed, like a crystal pony]

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! [I called to everypony]

How do I look in my suit? [I was showing off again. Rarity seems to admire my suit the most than others]

It defines me of who I am

I actually like to design, decorate and be artistic [Rarity held on her mane and pulled it frantically in excitement just by me saying that line]

But try to look within me [I looked at Rarity in a distance in the eye]

I think I’m quite selfish [I then saddened]

But I am quite generous you see

Let’s all just share our beauty within!!! [Everypony now loved my song that they started following my movements and synchronized with me]

If you remember that I said I am isolated [I disappeared by teleporting with my magic again. Everypony were looking around for me. What they could only hear was me singing]

It is true… And I am also very sensitive

I am just afraid of making mistakes

I’m insecure, self-conscious and timid

I can’t handle crowds of ponies

I’m just feeble and weird

But I do like kind and good ones [I startled Fluttershy behind her by teleporting]

The ones who can also understand [She was about to trip over. I teleported and caught her with my “arms”. I sort of blushed a bit because of that]

Let’s just be kind with our heart!!! [I steadied her balance and cheered her up with just my smile]

I like to be smart [I was now excited to sing these lines to her. I then became very enthusiastic!]

I read books

I love libraries

They’re really cool!

Adventures, romance, horror and educational

I’ll like any kind of book with wonder and mind

I also like words

I read a dictionary often

But let’s all just say that I love

Being an intellectual!!! [I sang these lines to Twilight only. The other mares want me to sing it to them, but I was just focused on Sparkle. I saw a grin on her face, but she managed to fade it away. She must not trust me yet. But I was honest with those lines—I loved books!]

Hello everypony! Now you all know me! [Everpony surrounded me in a circle and swaying to the music and my voice. This was quite…great!]

But that’s not all, as you can see…

I’m quite mysterious but I want to have friends

I have emotions—it’s colorful and grand

Let us all be friendly with our colors

I am Iwano Imagination!

I will enter with Colors!!! [After singing that line, everypony said it too out loud in perfect harmony. Even the Mane Six and Spike—except Twilight—do the same]

After the song, I stopped and caught my breath for a minute. Suddenly, roar, cheer and claps engulfed me.