• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 352 Views, 9 Comments

Feel the Rhythm - Bane the Dark Hero



When Rhythm Pulse comes to Ponyville, he meets the mane six, attends a Pinkie Pie party, blah blah blah... he isn't a saviour of the world or anything, so if thats what you want, GTFO.

  • ...
 9
 352

Chapter Three: Rhythm in da house! (Vinyl's house that is)

"Vinyl! I think he's waking up!"

As I awoke, I notice a grey mare sitting on the bed with me. Wait, bed? Shiiiiit....

I notice a familiar white and blue blur come speeding into the room, at first, I'm happy, then, that feeling slowly fades.

"What the buck Vinyl?!" I shout. "You drugged me?!"

"What? NO! Nonononononononononono... you don't understand!" She utters.

"It's kinda hard to think otherwise! I remember us talking, then all of a sudden, Im in a bed with some random mare! No offense miss."

"None taken."

"Dude, like I said, it's not what you think! You passed out after I told you I was DJ Pon-3!"

"Huh? You're... okay... going down..."

I then feel a freezing sensation across my face, I cough and sputter, and when I finally regain consciousness, I thank Vinyl.

"No problem!" Replied Pinkie, seemingly out of thin air.

"Wait, what? How was she... oh buck it, she's Pinkie."

"Aaaanyway..." Said Vinyl. "The "random mare" sitting on the bed happens to be my close friend Octavia."

"Wait... Octavia?" I ask. "As in, Octavia Melody?"

"The one and only, a pleasure to meet you." She says.

"I can't believe after all these years, I see you again!" I announce.

"What?" Octavia says, confused. "I apologize, I don't think I recognize you."

"Well, maybe these will ring a bell..." I say smiling.

"Strums?"

"No."

"Bowtie?"

"No."

"ZumZum?"

"That sounds familiar, but no."

Then, I have it. the perfect name I used to call her by.

"Zelia Zitherhead"

"I'm sorry, but I--"

Octavia looks at me with wide eyes, then a smile slowly starts to creep up her face.

"PULSEY!!!" She cheers, attack-hugging me.

"Hey!" Vinyl says offendedly. "Don't forget about me! Geronimo!!!" She yells, jumping onto the pile.

After our group-hug is over, Vinyl looks at us smugly.

"Did you do go out once or something?"

"Huh? No, we didn't." I answer her. "We were best friends in school once, ain't that right Zelia?"

Octavia giggles. "Yes, we did, but then, my parents said that you didn't want to be my friend any more, and that you stopped wanting to play with me." She says, slightly angry now.

Vinyl starts chuckling a bit

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"You wanted to play with Octavia." At this, Vinyl bursts out laughing, while Octavia and I simultaneously facehoof.

"Why would you... how could... I mean that's... that's just disgusting Vinyl!" I manage to stutter out.

"And anyway Octavia, I never said anything like that! I came up to your parents house one day, and knocked on the door, to see if you could come play. And Vinyl, if you laugh right now, I swear I'll smack you upside the head with that bucket.
So, when they answered, They told me they "Never wanted to see disgusting filth like me darken their doorway again. A few months later, my parents kicked me out, I was only 10.

"Wow." Vinyl says, dumbstruck. "Harsh."

"I... I'm so sorry Rhythm... I didn't know... I just--"

"It's alright Octavia, I'll be fine, but where's the washroom?" I ask.

"Down the hall and to the left." Vinyl tells me.

"Thank you."

As soon as I get inside, I shut the door, and do it for the second time I've been here in Ponyville.



"BLUAAARRRGGHHH"

Author's Note:

Just so you know, this will NOT become a RhythmXOctavia fic. They're just good school-buds.

Keep on Flappin' -Bane