• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 352 Views, 9 Comments

Feel the Rhythm - Bane the Dark Hero



When Rhythm Pulse comes to Ponyville, he meets the mane six, attends a Pinkie Pie party, blah blah blah... he isn't a saviour of the world or anything, so if thats what you want, GTFO.

  • ...
 9
 352

Chapter One: What have I gotten myself into?!

I thought It would be a nice, quaint town. One where I could be completely alone, left to relax. Buck, was I wrong.

My name's Rhythm Pulse. I'm an earth pony with green fur and a purple mane. I'm 24 and don't even have my BUCKING CUTIE MARK. that's one reason I left.

The ponies in Trottingham thought my music (another artist's, I don't play) was garbage. That's the second reason I left.

The final, and most innfluential reason I left, I'm what you'd call... a hobo. It's not that I didn't have enough bits, after my parents died, I was left with enough money to supply my entire life tenfold. I just didn't like being tied down, so I wandered from town to town, looking for a nice hill to rest on, that is, until they switched on the sprinklers.

Anyway, I had stayed in Trottingham for about a month, when this random mare kept screaming that I had molested her daughter. whether it was true or not remains to be seen. The whole city angry-mobbed me out of town, I wasn't that upset, but it still made me uncomfortable.

I heard somepony ramble on about some place called Ponyville, and how it was "Too small for his aesthetic tastes, eeuuch!!!" (Okay, to be fair, he wasn't THAT snobbish, but he sounded like someone shoved something large up into one of his nasal passages. I thought it would be the perfect place for me (God, I meant Ponyville! Not his nasal passage! Geez...)

I didn't bother taking the train, I mostly liked to sprint everywhere. keeps you fit. When I got there, I decided to find someone to give me directions, I saw a pink earth pony and approached her.

(Author: Aaaaand, you can guess where this is going...)

When I tried to say hi, she COMPLETELY flipped out and went dashing off in the other direction. Was I THAT ugly?
The next pony I spoke to was a little less insane, but nearly broke my foreleg shaking it. She said her name was "Applejagg" or something, she wore a stetson hat and had her mane tied back. She was quite enthusiastic about me being here. The large red stallion next to her simply replied: "Eeyup."

I decided to head to a large tree that I saw earlier to take a nap, but when I got there...

"Damn, it's someone's house..."

"Excuse me, Can I help you?" Asked a lavender unicorn, no wait, she was a pegasus, how could she... HOLY BUCK SHE"S AN ALICORN!!!

"How can you... I mean you're... I thought that... oh, buck it. Hi, I'm Rhythm Pulse!

"Nice to meet you Rhythm Pulse, My name's Twilight Sparkle. I'm guessing you were a little confused on seeing an alicorn?"

"Well, yeah! I thought the princesses; Celestia, Luna and Mi Amore Cadenza were the only alicorns in existence!"

"Well, I was recently crowned a new princess, it's quite complicated, but it's true."

Rhythm started to take a bow.

"Oh! I am so sorry my pri--"

"Don't worry about it Rhythm, we're friends now, you don't need to bow to me."

"Friends?" Rhythm asked "Normally I would have been sent out of town on a rail by now..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well it's a long story, I should tell you another time, it's getting late."

"Oh, yes! I barely noticed. What did you come here for anyway?"

"To this tree? I just wanted to take a nap, but as I came up to it, I saw it was someone's house, that was when you showed up."

"Okay, that makes sense. Oh, do you have a house yet? If you just arrived today then--"

"Nope. Don't need one."

"Are you sure? I have plenty of space for you to stay in!"

"Nah, it's fine Twilight. I prefer sleeping outdoors!"

"Okay then, well, if you ever change your mind, just--"

Twilight was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Hey Twilight! Is someone out there with you? I could have sworn I heard-- *gasp* RHYTHM!!!

Rhythm knew exactly who it was.

"Spike! I haven't seen you in a long time bro!" He said, giving Spike a noogie.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Twilight asked.

"Of course we do!" Spike told her. "Twilight, do you remember that time I went to Manehattan for that gaming competition? Rhythm was my teammate when we played Colt of Duty!"

"Oh! Did you two win?" She asked.

"Nah" Rhythm added, "We came in second place, if only the other guys didn't have the rocket launcher..."

"Well, Rhythm, I believe that there's somepony waiting at sugarcube corner for you. it's a little ways down the road."

"Really? But I barely know anypo-- waitaminute, is it that crazy pink pony again? I swear, she ran off the second I tried to talk to her."

"Maaaybe..." Twilight grinned.

"Alright, but this had better be worth it." I mumbled


As I was walking down the street to sugarcube corner, I saw a small rainbow flying through the sky. It started to lower, getting faster and faster, and then, it screamed: "SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!"

"Holy buck! It's a mare! And she's gonna CRASH!"

I quickly ran over to the nearest building i could find and started to maneuver my way up the scaffolding (did I mention I was a major parkour freak?), I couldn't let her crash!

(Author: "Again!")

When I got to the top of the building, it would be only mere seconds until she reached me, so I sidestepped and held out my forehooves. When she grabbed them, It felt like I was in the center of a hurricane, and when the spinning finally ceased, I did the only reasonable thing anypony could do.

I went to the side of the building and blew chunks.

All I could see the pegasus doing was sitting on her haunches, with a mad grin on her face.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

She replied: "That... was... AWESOME!!!

I was right.


This town was insane.

Author's Note:

My first fic EVAH!!! Please leave constructive criticism, I suck and could really use it.