• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 945 Views, 32 Comments

Why it's Clockwork My Dear - serenity neko chan



What is in the abandoned house near Rarity's home? Why is there so much noise coming from there at night?

  • ...
0
 32
 945

The house over there

The house over there...

In Ponyville close to the famous Carousel Boutique sat a house, it was old and badly damaged. Roof tiles were missing, ivy was covering the house and some of the windows were broken. No pony ever went near it; the residents of Ponyville didn’t know who lived there, if anyone lived there. All they knew was they haven’t ever seen anypony go in nor any come out. Several ponies had asked the Mayor to tear the old building down, but she refused every time since it was paid for by an unknown pony, the house was theirs even if was abandoned. Since they bought the land that the house was on.

Recently the house seems to have started to become alive at night, the sounds of banging and hissing was heard throughout the night as well as lights flashing periodically. The pony that suffered the most was Rarity; the house was a horrible eyesore and it was causing her to lose her beauty sleep with all that noise. She was too scared to go into the old house, since it had an extremely unearthly aura about it, so she went off to try and gather information about the house stopping first at the Mayor’s office.

“Miss Rarity, The Mayor is ready to see you.” Rarity looked up from the magazine that she was reading and nodded to the other mare, before trotting into the office. As she entered she saw the beige Mayor sitting at her desk looking over some papers that was sat on her desk, looking up she smiled at Rarity.

“Rarity! How may I help you?” Mayor gestured to the chair in front of her; Rarity sat down on the chair and spoke to the mare in front of her.

“Hello Mayor, I am here to talk about that ghastly house near my home.” she paused as she saw the mare in front of her frown, Mayor Mare sighed and shook her head “I’m sorry, Rarity but I cannot do anything about that house, even if it has been abandoned.” Rarity frowned at her and countered her “Why not? No pony lives there anymore, and I'm sure that many ponies have asked for it to be removed.”

Mayor Mare sighed and shuffled through some papers, a few moments later she pulled out some old papers. “This is a copy of the signed deed to the land that the house is on, as you can see here it states that if no pony is living in the house it will remind untouched. Before you ask I don’t know the owner of the land” Mayor Mare tapped on a section of the deed, Rarity read the deed but then notice the date, 1937ANM (After nightmare moon)

“Wait, this deed is over 70 years old?! When was that house built?!” Rarity was completely shocked by the date, the house has survived so much even went the parasprites invaded, and the house was untouched. Mayor Mare nodded, “Look, I know that the house is an eyesore, but we can’t do anything without the owners approval, the land was brought so destroying the house can quite easily cause a lawsuit.” Rarity nodded and hung her head, “I understand Mayor, it’s just recently the house has been so noisy please at least allow me to enter and see what's causing such a rukus.”

Mayor mare thought for a bit, Rarity was able to find something then maybe she was about to do something about the house. Nodding to herself she approved Rarity’s idea giving her permission under the condition that she didn’t go alone. Rarity agreed to the terms and went off to get her friend to look into that house.

Night time

All of her friends have jobs to do in the day but they promised them that they would be there later that night. So as Rarity gathered all her friends and explained to them what she was going to do. “So does everypony understand what we are going to do?” she questioned her friends, and got a nod from them each “I still don’t understand why we can’t go charging in and kick whoever’s flank is in there” Rainbow said crossing her front hooves, Twilight looked up at her friend and sighed “Rainbow, we can’t do this because if we break anything we will have to pay to get it repaid, we don’t know what is in there being that place is over 70 years old.” Before pushing the door open with a loud creaking sound coming from it, as Twilight light her horn up to see in the house dust flew around the house causing a few of them to sneeze.

The wooden floor was caked in a layer of dust untouched by hooves for many years, the sides of the walls seems to have been cramped with all sorts of metal some rusted other seem to use have cobwebs on them, but they were all piled on top of each other in uneven piles. If something would of hit them in the wrong way the pile would of collapsed, “See Rainbow, if ya of charged in ya would of caused all over this to crash” Applejack pointed to one of the piles that had some metal tumbling down from it.

Rainbow scowled and walked close to one of the piles to see what was in it, “Yeah, Yeah, AJ. What is in this? All I can see is some gears and nails.” she picked up a nail from and looked at it, the nail was completely rusted and twisted out of place before Rarity floated it towards her and took a look at it before cringing. “This place is so dirty! My hooves are getting dust all over them!” she whined as she flicked the nail away; as the others rolled their eyes they spotted a door that was open there was a fading light glowing.

Every now and then they saw a shadow trot back and forth in the light; the group froze and looked at each other “There is somepony here! What are we going to do?” Applejack whispered to her friends as she leaned down, the others swallowed and shook their heads they didn’t know what to do “Look we came here for a reason, and whoever is down there is the cause of all the noise.” Rarity spoke up, and started to trot towards the door, pushing it open slowly as she open her door she saw some wiring stairs with a distorted shadow moving about, followed by some metal hitting a stone floor.
Pinkie looked at the stairs and smiled “Let’s go girls!” she started to bounce down the stairs with the rest of her friends running after her, “Pinkie stop! You don’t know what is down there!” Twilight whispered out harshly as she used her magic to grab hold of her friend she grabbed her as she was about to jump off the last step. “Oh my dear, did you enjoy the tea I made?” a female voice was hear when some machine noise was heard mixed with some bird tweets. “Well my dove, I think that I have added some oil in to get that smooth taste” the noise appeared again, “Yes, yes I know.” the group looked at each other before something pushed Fluttershy causing her to crash into everypony else.

The girl groaned as they saw stars as they piled on top of each other, a whirring noise was heard from behind them mixed with metallic barking. Applejack was the first one to recover as she saw a dog that seems to have been fused with metal, its back was infused with sheets of metal and it had cogs attached to its chest small pipes came out of its body that was pumping out steam one of its eyes was glowing red, scars was scattered its body. “What in tarnation is tha thing?” she shuffled away as the machine infused dog as it gave out a low growl. “My, what is this my dear pet? What have you found?”
Applejack turned around and saw a mare stepping out of the shadows with a bird perched on her shoulder that looked like it was made like the dog in front of her. She looked over at her friends as she saw them getting too, “Ugh, what happened?” groaned Rainbow as she held her head, she looked up as Applejack to as she saw her friend with a frighten look turning around she saw the dog her jaw dropped as it growled louder. They all grouped together as the dog closed in on them, till they heard a loud snap on the stone floor turning to the sound they saw a mare appear from the shadows. “Now, now, Fefe that is not how we treat guests.”

The mare looked like she was too fused with machine, her left back leg was missing and was replaced with metal that seem to have been created to be a leg, where her cutie mark was meant to be it was replaced by three cogs that had pipes connecting it t where the joints were meant to be with a small plate of metal resting on her back with a leather strap that seem to hold the piece, close to her tail she had several pipes that puffed out steam. The same was on her left front hoof but there was no cogs attached onto that leg it seem that it was made so it can bend without the movement of the pipes. Her other back leg looked like some of lower guard attached on the leg, the same could be said about her other front leg but on the top three cogs was fused on her leg a pipe connected to the largest cog.

The portion of her coat that was visible was dusty brown, and if you looked at her body long enough, you could see thick pink scars that shown that the metal was indeed fused onto the mare in front of them, she had a well tamed milk chocolate mane and tail, that was shining with health. Sitting on her left eye was a bronze colour monocle with a golden chain attached to a small top hat which had a purple band around it, which was sitting on her head the hat was decorated with the same cogs pattern that was on her body. Under her monocle was bright red eyes framed by thick black lashes, to match her eyes she had a darker red bowtie on her neck.

The mane six looked at the mare in front of them in awe and horror, never have they seen anypony fused with metal, Twilight looked at the mare as she saw her circling them every time she moved she saw the pipes blow out steam and the mechanics of the two metal legs work. It didn’t seem like the mare had hooves since all of them was either covered with sliver metal or just replaced completely. Rarity was in a mixture of emotions since she saw a pony that had style even with all the metal attached to her ideas was going through her head for her next collection, that is, if she could get this pony to model for her.
Fluttershy was in shock and felt a bit sick when she saw the dog and bird fused with the metal she looked up at the mare and gave her the stare. “How could you!” the mare stopped circling them and looked at the butter coloured pony as she was caught by the stare, “You treated these poor animals like they were some type of test! How can you do that to them! You should be ashamed of yourself!” She inched closer to the mare not noticing that she was a lot taller than her, maybe a tiny bit smaller then Big Mac but it didn’t seem to matter to Fluttershy.

That was till, the said dog jumped in of her and growled loudly “You will not hurt mistress Clockwork!” a metallic voice came from the dog causing Fluttershy to lose her stare as her wings snapped shut “yo-you t-talked?” the mare gave a tinkling laugh, “Of course she talks I did make her that way before she died. As with my little dove.” the bird on her shoulder flapped then nuzzled her.

“Now my dears why are you in my house?” she turned to the mares that was sitting in her workshop, the mares looked at each other before any of them could answer Pinkie jumped in front of them and hugged the mare “Hello! My name is Pinkie Pie and welcome to Ponyville!” the mare just gave her tinkling laugh again, “My dear, I have been living in this town for 50 years! I don’t think I need a welcome.” she smiled as she patted Pinkie’s back. The others looked at her in shock she didn’t look like she has aged since she was an adult “Wait, if you were living here for that long, why has no pony seen you, and why have you let your house get so run down? But more importantly, and you still haven’t told us your name!” Rainbow butted in the mare in question smiled and straighten up.

“Why, it’s Clockwork my dear.” the mare flashed a smile at the group in front of her.

Author's Note:

I hope you like this story it is based on my new pony that I created if the cover image is not working if you want to know what clockwork looks like please go to http://animewinner.deviantart . com/art/Steampunk-Pony-411737767?ga_submit_new=10%253A1383670026 just get rid of the spaces