• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 944 Views, 32 Comments

Why it's Clockwork My Dear - serenity neko chan



What is in the abandoned house near Rarity's home? Why is there so much noise coming from there at night?

  • ...
0
 32
 944

The tour of the farm

Author's Note:

I do hope you guys enjoyed this chapter its unbetaed but I did my best in checking it. No dislikes so far! So I am happy :3. I hope the next chapter gets done soon but I doubt it if anyone wants to proofread this chapter and the future chapter please PM me

Lying on a bed in a darken room was Clockwork, the sun was just peeking out from the horizon with the mare snoozing away her head lying in her front hooves that was folded on top of her pillow. She was bare of her top hat and monocle; they both lied on the bed stand next to her red bow tie. As soon as the sun hit dawn Clockwork’s body alarm rang, shaking her body awake. Yawning out from her bed, she sat up and sluggish clapped her front hooves together three times each time the shakes of her body lessen to she stilled.

As she stretched out her body and scratched the back of her neck messing up her mane, she walked out of her door with her clothing in her mouth and shut her bathroom door but not before pressing a button above the oven that said BK on top of it. She listened to her machine come to life as she grabbed her face towel and dunked it into the steaming water, as she wrung it out and washed her face as she flicked a switch without looking.

The room glowed as mechanical arms came down, with a series of cleaning equipment they got to work on their mistress. Cleaning her mane and tail returning them to their former glory, polishing her hooves one at a time picking them up one by one by oiling and giving them a check before moving on to the next one. When they came to her front hooves, a claw gently grabbed the towel from her and gently gave her face a once over.

Once done the arms placed her hat and bow-tie on and straighten them, Clockwork gave each one them an affection pat as they drew themselves back up to where they came from. Clockwork chuckled as she placed her monocle on before looking over herself in the mirror, her creation were so good to her.

Freshen, Clockwork wondered out of the bathroom to her table. Just as she reached at the table fresh tea and breakfast, her breakfast contained what other ponies thought was taboo to eat was meat. She had some bacon and eggs with toast to eat with some oil tea waiting for her like every Sunday morning.

Just as she sat down in her seat a several small pipes came out from the side, it entered into her fuel compartment that was in her flank. Clockwork felt more energized as the different fluids filled her up for her weekly refill, she started to chew on the bacon when she was making improvements on herself she gave herself canines. As she was about to take a bite out of her egg toast there was a loud knock at her door, blinking at the noise she picked up the toast and continued on eating it as she went up the stairs.

Clockwork opened the door to relieved Applejack behind it; Clockwork tilted her head as she swallowed the last bite and wiped her mouth with a napkin, that she always kept on hoof before talking to her friend’s granddaughter. Wondering why the farm mare has came so early, being that it's the weekend.

“Good morning! Applejack you are here very early dear, but what can I do for you?” Clockwork smiled at the mare in front of her, Applejack scratched the back of her neck and smiled at the large equine she had told her granny about meeting Clockwork just saying the name got her granny excited in wanting to see the mare again.

“Well ya see ah told ma Gran about you and she really wants to see ya ah was wonderin if ya was free for the day” Applejack asked Clockwork, the said mare thought she had nothing really to do she was thinking of drawing up some new blueprints of some machines. So she shook her head before telling Applejack that she was heading back to grab her saddle bag.

“Right I am ready let’s get going if I remember the farm is a bit far away” the duet trotted along the path towards the farm looked at the mare that was trotting next to her, wondering if she was like this when her Gran met her. Did she look like this went Gran met her, she got to ask her soon.

“You know, this is the same path me and your Gran walked each time I visited. The last time I walked down this path was when your Gran was showing off you.” Clockwork smiled as she watched the new spring leaves whistle in the wind, she turned to see Applejack looking at her in surprise.

“Ya knew me when ah was a filly?” Applejack was shocked about it her Gran never told her about this, and if Clockwork saw her then her brother must have seen her before. Clockwork chuckled and nodded her head as she could see the top of the barn.
“Yes I did, you was really adorable cuddling me your family called me auntie Clock whenever I visited I brought tools and toys for you guys.” Clockwork stopped at the arch and smelt the air; it was the same fresh air that she knew from those years ago. Looking at the porch she saw Little Smith on the rocking chair that she made for her, just wood nothing just plain and simple.

She cantered up to the rocking mare and stopped in front of her. “My little smith how long has it been? You have grown so much, where is little mac?” Granny smith’s head shot up how long since she has heard that voice looking up she saw the same face of her old friend Clockwork...

“Clocky! Where have ya been? Ah haven’t seen ya for so long ah have missed ya” The green mare wrapped her fragile hooves around the metal mare, who gave back the gesture by wrapping her large hoof around the old mare. Applejack smiled at the tender moment that was happening in front of her, she hasn't seen her Gran this excited for a long time she was happy about it.

Clockwork took a step back to take in her friend; the strong mare that she knew had aged into a fragile pony. How long has it been since she last visited now she remembered it was when Applejack’s parents disappeared, she remembered trying to find them for years before given up and locked herself in her home.

“Auntie Clock?” a deep voice shook her from her memory and she turned her head spotting the young colt that she once knew. Now standing a head shorter then her was a strong stallion, he looked so much like his father with his yolk to complete the look it was like looking in a mirror.

“Little Mac how have you grown! Why I remember when you were only up to my barrel and now look at you come here and give your auntie a hug” she stood on her hind legs not even wobbling as she widening her front hooves as Big mac galloped into her hug wrapping his hooves around his neck.

“Ah miss ya Auntie it has been too long” as the two lowered themselves with one hoof wrapped around each other, Clockwork gave the stallion a quick nuzzle and gave him a nudge on the shoulder. She missed the strong and hard working boy that use to always follow her when she came to the farm.

“You have grown my boy! I guess all that farm work has worked on you; I bet you get plenty of attention from mares.” Big Mac blushed and shook his head, causing Clockwork to giggle and nuzzle to boy in front of her; he is the same since she knew him.
“So what are we going to do? I know the farm like the back of my hoof is there anything new?” Clockwork questioned the trio as they thought there was the clubhouse the CMC were now using, when suddenly something came up into AJ’s head.

“The Clubhouse... you were the one who made it for me how can ah not remember!” Applejack spoke out loud, she remembered now Clockwork built the clubhouse so fast that it was done in a hour with all of the machines helping she remember sitting there watching in wonder.

Clockwork chuckled and nodded as she walked towards the clubhouse but not before stopping at the old plough. She looked at it, as Big mac attached it to his yolk trying to pull it but the thing didn’t really move. She walked up to it and examined the poor tool, the thing was dulled down so much that she couldn't even recognises her own creation till she got up close .

She made Macintosh to take off the rope as she effortless lifted it up with one hoof and examined the bottom, she saw all the nicks and hairline cracks. Not to mention the whole thing was rusted. “Yea that old thing needs replacing but we don’t have enough money to do so.” AJ said but was dismissed by Clockwork waving hoof, she studied it carefully she knew that she could fix it easily but she still needed to lecture the duo for not taking care of their equipment.

“I see no problem with this beautiful tool, she just needs a bit of a touch up which I can do but I most ask you how do you take care of her, seeing that her wheel and back has gone missing.” Clockwork looked at the siblings the duo looked at each other, the tone of her voice sounded like she was talking like a disappointed parent.

“Her? The plough doesn’t have a gender and we just leave it here in the felid when where are done.” Applejack spoke but then she gulped when the disapproving look that Clockwork gave her, the said mare sighed and shook her head no wonder why Gaia was like this no pony took care of her.

“You can say that but I can say the same bout your trees, I bet you have names for some of them and gave them genders dear. This ploughs name is called Gaia, I named her after the earth goddess and I can tell that you haven’t been taking care of her. Did you know anything about Gaia?” Clockwork questioned the younger apples, Granny Smith knows the reason and that’s why she refused to get rid of it.

“I made her and gave her to your parents as a wedding gift. They needed a plough so I created her, she was created with the hardest steel known to pony kind, she was given a special place in the barn where she would been place as well as how she meant to be taken care of. All farmers were envy of the plough I created, you know how much she is worth if you took care of her?” Clockwork raised an eyebrow at them as the sadly shook their heads if they knew that the plough was special they would of taken care of it. Though how could they not see the signs, Granny refused to replace this plough with even the cheapest ones that they could easily afford darn sometime they would see her talking to it.

“She is worth over a thousand bits or seven flawless gems that has to be the size of my hoof.” The siblings’ jaws dropped that plough was worth that much? It was simple when the back came off they just used it like it was. “I can fix her up for you, since my heart is weeping for her. You know I only made three more of these? Brothers and sisters to Gaia, she is the eldest but I am going to teach you how she is meant to be taken care of but for now go on and do your work.”

Clockwork pulled off her saddlebag and pulled out some tools she firstly unscrew the blades then studied them, there was no way in recovering them. Not without her forge anyways, next she studied the body it was covered with layers of rust frowning she pulled out some bottles and splashed them on the mouldboard then waited for a while for the liquids to soak it. As she waited she pushed a button and music came out of her, the music drifted out of her body as she calmly listened to it as she worked on her machine. (Here is the song if you want to hear it

)

She treated it like a children talking to her every now and again, not noticing the three fillies gather near her. As they watched the mare in front of them work on the plough, as she continued to polish it you could see there was some engraving on it. The engraving was letters it was Applejack’s parents’ names, she paused on there as she stared at it.

Sweet apple and full harvest together forever” Clockwork ran her hoof over it as she allowed the music to die off. She snapped out of it and quickly fixed up Gaia and stashing away the old blade so she could repair it but before she could place them in her saddlebag she saw some fillies looking through her bag.

“Hey you girls leave Clockwork’s bags allow Ah thought we taught ya girls better than this!” A yell froze the girls that were looking through her bags; she made her eye glow lifting the three fillies with a red aura away from her bag. She slowly studied each one and what was when it clicked, these fillies were the ones that were in her house.

“Hello girls, it seems like you haven’t learnt not to look through my equipment first my house now my bags? I think I will have a talk with your guardians about this my dears” as she placed her bags on her back away from paring hooves, while the other looked at her in shock Clockwork was a earth pony no? So how can she do a spell that only a unicorn knows?

“Hey how did you do a spell only unicorns can do that sort of stuff? Your an earth pony” Scootaloo spoke out to her Clockwork looked at the girls and shrugged her head then spoke to them, but not before giving Applejack the manual on how to take care of Gaia and she be coming once a month to check on her.

“I was born from a long line of unicorns, so I have their magic running deep in me so my family taught me how to use magic without a horn. Where unicorns use their horns for an outlet I use my eye and it is not your dear it’s you are” Clockwork tapped at the bottom of her eye as she watched the Big Mac use Gaia smoothly easily tearing up the ground.

“Please remember to put her to bed after using her, she maybe a strong girl but she still a lady.” Clockwork called out the Big Mac and got a reply from him the CMC looked at her in awe and followed her into the farmhouse as she went to help Granny with Lunch.

Comments ( 22 )

Use this please, it's really not appealing to read this wall of text and you can only improve the quality of the story by doing it.

3930226 If you find something wrong then please pm me about it, but so far I can see that I have followed the rules that you have showed me. Each speaker gets a new paragraph and I don't see a wall of text please tell me where is it?

3930305

Second chapter.

Oh god, the grammar... It burns!!!
Still, this looks like an interesting story though! :D
Despite how hard it is to read at points I find it interesting.
Can't wait for the next chapter!

3930387 the grammar might burn but guess what English is not my first language and I have dyslexia. I'm more of a drawer then a writer

3930416
Think of looking for a pre-reader/editor for the story?

3930511
Cool, any ideas on who's it gonna be?
Because I can't wait to see what this story looks like when it's all polished up.
It's like a diamond in the rough, ready to sparkle.

3930544 no like my blog post has said I have no idea how to get on unlike my usual fiction site. So most likely anyone that wants to do it

3930560
I got a lot on my plate as it is but if you want I could take a shot at being your editor/proof reader though it might take time for me to do it.
Otherwise I think there was a group that was good a proof-reading/editing but they're short on staff so it would take a month to get it done and I think they only do it once...
So, do you want me to give you a hand?

3930610 if you want I don't want to be trouble and yea my friend told me about the group but it still confusing to do it I won't be updating soon since I have a lot of interviews soon

3930650
Alright, cool, I'll see if I can get started today or sometime soon.
Anyway, I know most people prefer exchanging stuff with Google.Docs but I prefer to just PM it.
Even though you'd have to manually put in the tabs and the spaces between paragraphs I'd rather not use my G.Doc account since it's for school use only.
When you want me to edit/proof read a chapter just PM it to me and I'll try to polish it up or make the words flow better.
Then I'll send it back for you to look over and check to see if everything is how you want it.

Sound good?

3931145
Sweet, just PM me the first chapter and I'll go through it and bring up any questions about anything concerning plot holes or words choices and such.

3931812 mmm ok but I'm busy for the next couple of weeks so feel free to just copy them and send them to me

3931986
Alright, I'll see what I can do.

hm... this is still... interesting. using magic through eyes... I've read only one other story in a similar fashion, and it was one where Scootaloo used her wings to manipulate magic, specifically teleportation magic. you have captured my interest once again.

Looks like Octavia.

Login or register to comment