• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
Preparation and Proposal

The six have reawakened from their slumber. They were outside in Pottok realizing they needed to find a way to stop Schism's plan within seven days. It took about a day to get them out of slumber. So, it would be now six days. Then, Father Zaldi came up.

"I could help but over here your conversation." Zaldi said.

"Father Zaldi." Fluttershy explained. "We need something to help us go up against Schism."

"He's all powered with the elements of chaos." Pinkie Pie added. "We can't stop him."

"There is one thing you can use against him." Zaldi replied.

"And that would be…"

"The elements of harmony." The ponies were confused.

"Are you serious?"

"Think about it." Applejack said. "The elements of harmony are the polar opposites of the elements of chaos. So, they are of equal strength."

"Yeah, but where are we going to find them?" Rainbow Dash asked. "It's going to take forever to find."

"No it won't." Zaldi replied. "Follow me into the church." So, the ponies followed Father Zaldi into the church. They went up to the pier on top of it was a stone table which served as the altar. The priest stopped them. "Wait here. I will return in a moment." Then, Father Zaldi left for the back room. It took him a while but he came back. He was carrying a chest. "Here it is."

"What is it?" Fluttershy asked. "What's in there?"

"I remember Basil telling me the other day about the six of you. You have proven that you truly represent the elements of harmony. So now it is time to give to you," He opened the chest. "what belongs to you." He brought out all six elements of harmony. The ponies were in awe. "After learning that, I have learned that you are the bearers of harmony for our age."

"Wow." The elements shined brighter than usual.

"They are shiner than we last saw them." Rarity stated noting the detail of the elements.

"That is because" Zaldi added. "They have been blessed with holy water. After praying to Stalyon and considering about what has happened, I now know that you coming here was no accident. It is destiny that has brought you here. Perhaps you are the key to save this world." He handed the elements back to their respective owners.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome. I wish you luck on your journey, and Stalyon bless you." The seven ponies left the church to suit up with the best possible gear they could get. They hear reports of a floating fortress recently appearing above the ruins of Canterlot. Applejack was looking around for a friend of Basil's who can get them the fortress of doom. She saw Crash.

"Crash." Applejack said.

"Hey, Applejack." Crash stated. "How is it going?"

"I'm doing okay. It's just that I'm looking for the someone who can get us to…"

"The Fortress of Doom?"

"Hey, how did you know that?"

"Because I am the friend that Basil was talking about."

"What! You can get us to the fortress of doom?"

"Yeah."

"How is that even possible?"

"Grab your friends and I will show you how." So, Applejack gathered her friends and Crash brought Basil to show them. He took them to a huge metal structure. "Now, I am going to take you to the fortress of doom by means of the thing inside this structure."

"Why is the building so big?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Because of the size of the Haize Rider."

"Haize Rider."

"It is the name of the thing." Rainbow Dash had a flat face after hearing that comment.

"Uu. Uu." Pinkie Pie stated. "Can we see it? Can we see it?"

"We are getting to that, Pinkie." Crash replied. Then, he cleared his throat. "I've researched a new way for transportation since I was little. Using the designs from the Late Equestria period, I was able to create a version of a ship that can sail not just on the seas but on the wind as well."

"So… in meaning?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I built an airship."

"Yeah right."

"Well, look inside and see for yourself." The ponies went inside and saw a large metal airship. It had several propellers at the top of the ship. "It runs purely on steam or magic, it would be pilot's choice. And if the propellers at anytime fail, then it has a safety balloon to help us lower to the ground safely."

"That thing looks crude."

"I know." Crash stated coldly. "It's a prototype. It hasn't been tested yet."

"Wait, we are going to use a thing that hasn't been tested." Rarity asked.

"Do we really have a choice?" The ponies were scared. "Okay, how many days do you have left?"

"About six."

"Okay, let me take a day to test flight this thing and fix up some of the bugs. Is this okay?"

"Fine. Even though we are in a hurry, we need to make sure everything is in tiptop shape."

"And how are you going to get this thing in tiptop shape in one day?" Rainbow Dash added.

"I asked for some help." Crash replied and the ponies saw Ponar in the background helping recalibrate the ship. Bumble and Myobu were helping as well.

"Myobu. Long time, no see."favor

"I have heard you needed help. For helping us, we are going to return the favor." The other samurai fillies came out as well. The mares smiled in this.

[Cue Aerith's Theme FFVII]

It was now the evening. Twilight Sparkle was staring up to the stars. There was a campfire in front of her. She was very deep in thought about the events that were about to occur in the near future. She noticed Basil coming outside.

"Basil." Twilight Sparkle said to him; he turned to her.

"Hey, Twilight." he replied. "What's up?"

"I need some pony by the fire with me to think. Can you be that pony?"

"Sure." The two sat down by the fire. "What were you thinking about Twilight?"

"I'm just concerned about what will happen in the near future."

"About going to the fortress of doom and stopping Schism."

"Yeah. I don't know if we are able to do it."

"I'm sure we will be able to do it. All of us so don't worry."

"Okay." Some time passed by with silence. "Basil?"

"Yeah?"

"After we beat Schism, will we be still together?"

"Possibly, I remember the first day we met."

"Yeah, it didn't start off too well. But we made it this far and might as well go all the way." Basil smiled.

"You know that I love you, Twilight."

"I know." She paused. "I love you too, Basil."

"Twilight, I didn't know it at first, but now I know that meeting you was the best moment in life. So Twilight, I don't know what will happen in the future." Basil paused. "But if you are still are around after all this ends, will consider taking my hoof in marriage?" Twilight blushed and his words touched her heart. She was speechless from the proposal.

"Basil, I will Basil. I would love to marry you." She embraced Basil and he embraced her. They gave each other a kiss of love as well. The two felt a feeling that was an undescribable joy as spent the rest of the night, together with each other as a couple.

PreviousChapters Next