• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
The Lost Spirit

After talking to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, the two ponies went with the messenger to Icerim to help the conflict the Icerim ponies were dealing with. But that will be discussed in a later chapter. Twilight Sparkle was walking through the streets of Coltabasso looking at the decorations. In a few days, a huge celebration will occur.

"The festival is going to be great with the decorations." Twilight thought. "Pinkie Pie can't wait, the little samurai (the three fillies picked up from earlier in the story) can't wait either." She did have a snack with her to eat. But she noticed in an alley, a lonely golden-yellow pegasus filly. She had a small mane which was a dull yellow. It was feeling so sad. Twilight went to her. The little filly noticed her and looked away. She held her stomach as it growled. "You must be hungry." She pulled out her snack she packed earlier which was a roll. The filly sniffed it and looked toward Twilight. "You can have it." The filly held the roll and toke a tiny bite from it.

Afterwards, he eyes lit up and continued to eat. Apparently, she enjoyed the roll so much. This put a smile on Twilight's face. When the filly was finished, she hugged Twilight in gratitude. The filly was silent. Twilight allowed it to come with her back to Basil's manor.

"Welcome back, Twilight." Rarity stated.

"Hey, Rarity." Twilight replied. "Where's Pinkie Pie?"

"She's playing with the fillies. What's up?"

"I found another filly who needs some help."

"Filly? What filly?"

"This one." She placed the filly in front of Rarity.

"I don't see a filly."

"How can this be?" Twilight thought. "The filly is in front of her. How can she not see her?" Pinkie Pie came down.

"Hey, what's up?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie?" Rarity asked. "Is there a filly in front of me?"

"Of course not silly. What made you think of that?"

"Twilight said there was a filly here."

"Now, Pinkie says she can't see here?" Twilight thought. Twilight was upset but noticed that the filly was trying to fly and flap its wings.

"Uh." Rarity said. "Where is this breeze coming from?"

"I guess they really can't see her." Twilight went into the living room with the filly and she tried to talk to it. "Can you talk to me?" The filly didn't respond. "How come I'm the only one who can see you?" Again, the filly didn't respond. "What's your name?" The filly began to speak.

"What's… a… name?" she said. Then, she was confused.

"A name is what somepony would call themselves by."

"What's a… pony?"

"Okay, what's going on here?" Twilight thought. Oichi came down to talk to Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie Pie, what's going on?" Oichi asked Pinkie.

"Oichi, I think Twilight Sparkle is crazy."

"Like you?" The face Pinkie made from the comment was priceless.

"Not like me. She is acting more like psycho-crazy. She is having a conversation with herself in the living room." Oichi looked in the living room. Unlike Pinkie Pie and Rarity, Oichi was able to see the filly. She went over to the filly.

"Filly, what binds you to this world?" Oichi asked the filly.

"Oichi."Twilight asked. "You can see her?"

"I can."

"But how come Rarity and Pinkie Pie can't see her."

"Twilight, this filly is not amongst the living." This frightened Twilight and creeped Pinkie even more.

"So… she is a ghost?"

"In a way, yes. This is her spirit shat she looked like or what she would have looked like at the time of her death."

"What do you mean looked like?"

"She could be a filly whom had perished before birth or was stillborn."

"Wait a minute, how come you are able to see her?"

"Simple, I had priestess training." She turned to the spirit. "Spirit, what attachments do you still have with this world." The filly didn't know.

"I… don't… know." the filly responded.

"Come on." Rarity stated. "You are just talking to thin air." Oichi took off her haori and put it on the filly and the filly was now visible. Pinkie freaked out.

"A GHOST!"

"Okay, I take that back." Apparently, the spirit was attached to Twilight.

"I think the spirit likes you." Oichi said.

"Yeah." Twilight replied. "How can she go?"

"We need to find out what attachments are keeping her from moving on."

"What is it that you need, spirit?"

"What is this feeling?" the spirit asked. "I feel warm inside." Oichi was concerned.

"What was the last thing you remember before you died?"

"I remember being underwater, I think. I noticed a sharp object coming toward me."

"Is that the last memory you had?"

"I was going to be named Innocence, I think." Oichi came to a conclusion.

"I understand now. You lacked a very cherished this that we take for granted." The ponies were confused. "We never really know how precious it truly is unless it is taken away." Twilight cried.

"I didn't know you were missing a mother's love." Twilight said. Twilight hugged the filly. "I'm so sorry about what was taken away from you."

"I never had an opportunity to live." the filly stated. "And experience this love." She hugged Twilight back. "Whoever you are, I thank you for showing me this." She began to cry tears of joy. Then, she vanished during that moment. The haori fell to the ground. Twilight opened her eyes.

"Where did she go?" Twilight asked.

"Because you had shown love to the spirit." Oichi explained. "The spirit was able to move on to the spirit world. Then, she will later be reincarnated." Then, she looked on her flank and saw a golden horseshoe on her flank. She was confused. "Where did this come from?"

"Oichi, I think you just got your cutie mark."

"Why did I get a cutie mark?"

"What you did… you allowed the filly to move on. I think anything related to that is your special talent." Oichi was gladdened by this. She hopes that her friends get their cutie marks soon.

PreviousChapters Next