• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 517 Views, 38 Comments

Into the Blue - Sky Wishes 7266



Caden Hart, Georgia farm boy, is going to take a midnight adventure that just might change his life forever.

  • ...
18
 38
 517

Chapter 2: Consciousness....I Think.

3rd Person POV

"Huh? Ow, what happened?" Caden asked rhetorically. "I feel like I've been run over by a bulldozer." Caden tried to stand only to fall to the ground. Something weird must've happened when he walked through that light. He sat up and looked around to serve his surroundings. Somehow, he'd landed in a luscious, green meadow covered in brightly colored flowers. Next to him, Bolt yawned and stretched his legs. After the dog had stretched, he padded over to Caden and gave him a big, we kiss on his face. Caden laughed and wiped the slobber off on his jacket.

Caden tried once again to make it to his feet. His knees were so shaky. With success, he stretched, taking in all of the scenery.

Suddenly, Bolt was alert. He was crouched down with his ears pricked growling into a clump of bushes nearby. Caden walked over to Bolt and gave him a comforting pat on the head. With Bolt calm, Caden peered into the bushes. At first he had to strain his eyes to see anything. The he saw a glimpse of yellow.

"Hello?" Caden called into the bushes. Nothing. He pushed branches aside getting stuck with thorns and coming closer to the spot of yellow. When he finally pulled back the last branch, he revealed a girl. While she was female, he noticed she wasn't completely human.

She had fur all over, wings, a tail like a horse, and the biggest, most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. He and the girl stared into each other's eyes until Caden held a hand out towards her. "Why don't you come out of there?" he asked. She replied with a look of uncertainty. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Caden. May I ask you what your name is?" She shrunk back for a second before timidly taking his hand and standing up.

She whispered something inaudible.

"What?"

She said it again but a little louder.

"I'm sorry, but I can't understand you."

She finally spoke up and said, "I'm Fluttershy."

He extended his hand for a handshake. Fluttershy took it and slowly shook hands. "Where am I?" Caden asked.

"You're in Equestria." Fluttershy answered quietly.

"Equestria? Why does that sound familiar?" Caden thought. While unconscious, his memory must've gone fuzzy. Then it clicked.

Equestria was the name of the kingdom in the MLP:FIM series. It was where the Mane 6 fought the darkness with the Elements of Harmony. That's why Fluttershy seemed so familiar. Caden thought, "Duh moment!".

After his sudden spark of realization, he began to take notice of Fluttershy's appearance.

She wore a light yellow sundress with her cutie mark sown onto the skirt. Her pink mane covered on of her big, sparkling eyes. In her hand she carried a straw basket of freshly picked vegetables and flowers. She kept looking at the ground uncomfortably as Caden realized he was staring.

The sun beat down on the two individuals standing in silence. Beads of sweat poured down Caden's face. Bolt sat by Caden's feet panting. Caden swayed on his feet, then fell. He was out cold.

Panicking, Fluttershy went for help. She barely knew him but she wasn't going to let him just lie there. She had to do something.

Author's Note:

Wow! Caden has passed out twice and it's only the second chapter. You'd think that after he walked through a strange, blue light that he would stay awake for a few chapters. NOPE!