• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 517 Views, 38 Comments

Into the Blue - Sky Wishes 7266



Caden Hart, Georgia farm boy, is going to take a midnight adventure that just might change his life forever.

  • ...
18
 38
 517

Chapter 1: The Strange Encounter

OK, I'll level with you. I'm not the most trustworthy person in the world. I've done stupid things and told many lies about them. I'm not expecting you to believe me when I say that I live in a world of people not like you and I. They're sorta, well, they're kinda. Uh! This is impossible to explain! OK, let's try this again. They're like....half pony and half human. Crazy, huh. Yeah that's what I thought until I met the girl of my dreams. I'd always wanted to turn my life around and do something I actually enjoy, so when I met her, my life was complete. Here's my story:

5 years earlier

It was a night unlike any other. The weatherman had called for a massive storm during the night. I had turned off the TV and started to bed. I lived in an old farmhouse in rural Georgia. It had been a harsh day. I had to get up early to feed the chickens, milk the cows, shovel hay, put the cows out to pasture, sheer the sheep, and go out to the cotton field and pick cotton. I didn't make a lot of money in a month. $75 a month if I was lucky. After all the mooing and clucking and baaing, I was ready to pull my blonde hair out. I just wanted some peace and quiet. But was that going to happen? Nope.

The wind was howling. Dead trees were creaking and hitting against the window from the mighty blows. The moon was full and emitted an eerie glow through the sheer curtains. I tossed and turned in my bed, willing sleep to come to me.

In my dreams, I was in a meadow at night. Everywhere I turned I heard twigs breaking. From the west side of the field came a howl. I then heard it from the east, north, and south sides. The howling continued for several minutes. From somewhere off to my left came a scratching sound......WAIT! I'm in a meadow. The only thing around is grass. I popped open one of my eyes and heard the scratching again. I figured my German Shepard, Bolt was the culprit.

I finally got up and threw on my save Derpy shirt and a pair of jeans, put my worn out, red sneakers on and my favorite blue jean jacket. I went to the back door and whistled for Bolt to come inside. I waited for a few minutes, still whistling for Bolt. When I didn't hear my German Shepard's paw steps approach, I walked out until I found his crouching form.

I bent down to pat his head and reassure him. He had his ears laid back with his mouth twisted up in a snarl. He growled into the darkness. I stood up and looked into the direction he was growling. I didn't see anything except a blue light. At first I thought someone had called the police in the middle of the night. I had paranoid neighbors living across the road. They called the police about everything.

As I walked toward the light, it grew more intense, glowing brighter and brighter. I had to shield my eyes from the blinding light. Bolt padded up to my side, continuing to growl. I rubbed him behind the ears, to which he responded with a satisfied moan. I stepped closer and closer and closer still. It was hard to identify what exactly the light was. I wasn't flashing like a police car's and it wasn't a porch light.

As I looked back I realized how far I had walked from the front door, across the yard, and into the deep woods. The wind was blowing something fierce. I pulled my hood over my head and turned my attention back to the light. I was closer to it than I had thought.

I looked at the curious, blue light. I circled around it once, twice, three times. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen. It had many noticeable layers. The middle was a lighter shade of blue while the outer reaches were a darker blue. If I concentrated hard enough, I could see it swirling. Curious, I stretched out my hand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! My hand disappeared into where I inserted it. I looked down at Bolt while he stared up at me with an inquisitive look.

I walked towards the light, Bolt right behind me. Once I stepped through the light, everything went black.

Author's Note:

Wow. So he has major problems. Who would want a life like that where you hate everything you do. We will see how his mood progresses throughout the story!