• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 1,585 Views, 33 Comments

The Librarian and The Showmare - Bakmah Genesis



Trixie's life has been difficult after her last trip to Ponyville. Now she finds herself in the home with the mare who caused these troubles. Soone, their small friendship becomes something more.

  • ...
15
 33
 1,585

-1-

Ponyville. Over a year since Trixie remembered setting hoof in the small earth pony town. It was a year since she was chased out and had to live off the streets since. But who was to blame but herself.

She tried blaming others. Snips and Snails, the elements of harmony, the gods, and Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle more than the others. She blamed them for her having to spend all of her time in the freezing cold, trying to survive. But shew grew tired of that, of blaming them. All blame now rested her and her alone.

She grew to apreciate the few things she took for granted only a year before. Food, water, shelter, and forgivness. The latter is what helped drive her in the snowy winter night she found herself in. And a little extra.

Trixie could feel her blood freezing in the cold, her body trembling violently as she searched for her destination ahead. Her breath shook and herbeye sight blurred. It was almost a miracle that the mare was even alive and breathing. She should have been dead, and she knew this.

She broke out of her thought as she walked headlong into the side of a building. She looked up to find herself staring at a large oak tree, windows cut into it in intervals. She smiled at the building for a second before stumblin around for the front door.

It took her six minutes to trump through the snow and reach the purple door that led inside. Her numb hooves stuck to the mat as she prepared to knock, trying to find the energy to lift her hooves.

She barely got her right forehoof off the ground when the rest collapsed from under her, smashing her head into the door with a solid THUD. Stars danced in her eyes as she hit the snow, her face starting to turn purple from the cold.

She barely heard the library door open and couldn't feel the tingle of magic around her body, she couldn't even see that she was being moved. She was gone in a sense. It was only as she was being laid down that she had finally blacked out.


For years, Trixie had lived in the cold. Waking up in her wagon freezing. Then for another year she lived in the open air. And, for the first time since who knows when, Trixie Lulamoon woke in the warmth of a proper bed in a heated building.

The azure unicorn sat there, letting the warmth of the heavy blankets and heat of the room warm her cold bones and soul. She could almost feel it melting inside her. The unicorn gaze a content sigh as she slowly opened her eyes.

She must have been brought in shortly after her collapse as she found herself in the living area of what she could tell was a library and the obvious home of Twilight Sparkle. It almost killed her, but she made it.

Said unicorn made her way into the living room, her ears instantly perking up as she saw Trixie. "Oh, you're awake." said Twilight with a smile. She walked around the bed to the fireplace that Trixie had now just noticed. She pulled a pot from over the fire and set it on the ground next to her.

"F-food." said Trixie quietly. She hated having to beg for food, she hated it before and she definitly hated it now. It wasn't because of pride, but it didn't feel right begging from the mare who saved her life.

Twilight nodded and hurried off. Trixie could faintly hear another voice arguing with Twilight before the sounds of something being prepared reached her ears. She could occasionally hear the male voice telling off Twilight for some obscure reason. It was amusing to the bed ridden mare.

After about half an hour, the male voice turned from scolding to praising. She could hear. Twilight squee happily, causing butterflies to form in her stomach. She watched as Trixie hopped into the room with a bowl sustained in her aura.

"Sorry it took so long, I, uh, am not much of a cook." She pulled a tray from the corner of the room and set it in front of Trixie, placing the soup it. Trixie smiled at the site as she struggled to lift herself in reach of it. She became weaker as the sudden heat began to relax her muscles after they had been in the cold so long. She barely got her hooves to the bowl when Twilight interrupted her.

"Why don't you use your magic?" Asked the lavender alicorn with the tilt of her head. Trixie tried to answer but her throat was still hoarse. She opted for just trying to use it, her magic barely filling an eighth of her horn before sparking out.

"Oh." Twilight's ears splayed out before perking up again. "Do you want me to feed you? I'm okay with doing that." Trixie's ears perked up. She didn't need to be asked twice as she nodded her head as fast as she could.

Twilight let out a giggle as she took the spoon in her magic grasp, leading it to Trixie's mouth. Trixie readily accepted it. Let out a content sigh as she swallowed. She winced as her stomach attempted to adjust to the sudden presence of food. Once she was ready, she opened her mouth for more.

For the next hour, Twilight fed Trixie the large soup spoonful by spoonful. Spike stood in the door way, eyeing them. He did not completely trust Trixie, but he still had to help her. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he let somepony freeze to death because of something a long time ago.

The drake sighed as he sat on the floor. He watched as Twilight finished giving Trixie the soup. The mare quickly grabbed a towl and dipped it into the still warm water by the bed before draping it over her head. Twilight spoke quietly to Trixie before wishing her sweet dreams and walking back to Spike.

"Still don't trust her." said Spike once the door was closed. Twilight sighed and made her way up the stairs.

"You saw her, Spike. She couldn't even light her horn. She is no threat and you still believe she is up to something." She looked back at him with a stern look. "Holding grudges this long are dangerous, Spike. I advise you drop it before you do something you regret later in life."

Spike grumbled. "Still doesn't change what she did." muttered the drake. Twilight casted a glare before entering her room. Spike stuck his tongue out before following her. That evening no goodnight's were said as the two vented in their respective beds.


Trixie sat in her bed, staring up at the wooden ceiling of her new room, watching the red glow of the fire illuminate the grain in the wood. Her eyes traced the lines and twists and curves as she let her mind wnder.

The past few hours have been a dream to Trixie. She had a warm bed, a warm home of a sorts, a nice warm, proper meal, and a mare to serve it to her. A deep blush crossed her cheeks at the last part, but she smiled nonetheless.

Yes, it was perfect. It was bliss. But would it last? Trixie closed her eyes with a sigh. No, she couldn't think of that. She has had so few happy moments in her life to think about such dark thoughts right now. Right now, she had to rest. She had to dream of how this could get any better.

Author's Note:

It lives! It really lives!