• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 335 Views, 2 Comments

Till death do we derp - Jack Hooves



Story of Iron Hooves as he struggles to return to his beloved derpy after a mission, but it goes terribly wrong when his ship is boarded, and he is forced to crash his ship into the desert planet and has to evade to his pursuers in order to escape

  • ...
 2
 335

Chapter one

Till death do we Derp
By: Jason Ynclan Valin
Chapter one


Iron Hooves walked into his apartment to be greeted by his wife Derpy who gave him his medicine and a Scotch to help him take his pill, "Thanks honey." I said as he downed the pill with a refreshing gulp of the Scotch and sat back tired from work as I watched Derpy get in the kitchen and begin to cook dinner.
"No problem Iron, besides what type of wife would I be if I didn't care for my cancer sick husband?" She asked while finishing up the food. "Derpy.....it's just a nasty side effect of me being a sith Jedi." I said trying to reason with her.

"Well Jedi or not, it makes you sick and I don't like it one bit." She said while setting the table for us as I made my way to the oak table that was now a relic among modern things.
I simply gave in and nodded, hating the fact I was going to have to ruin the dinner for some work, knowing that tonight we spent nearly eight months planning and I have to go and shoot it down the tubes.
"Derpy?" I asked nervous.
"Yes Iron?" She asked while stopping to look at me.
"I.....I have to leave....tonight, I know I promised to make our anniversary special, but I finally got my promotion, and that means going aboard the cargo cruiser that is leaving tonight." I said while I watched her drop her fork and let it clatter from the plate onto the table, she sat there with her mouth open in shock and awe at me for breaking my promise.
"
How COULD YOU!" She yelled at me while getting up and turning She said close to tears now.
"I tried, but all the other Sith Jedi are busy or out on missions, and it was either I go on the mission or I get fired." I said quietly while backing away from the table thankful my cancer made it to where I had to eat when I was forced, not when I wanted to.

"You promised me Iron, that we would do something special tonight!" She shouted at me as she ran past me into our bedroom crying and leaving me there shell shocked and dumbfounded at how much I broke my promises for work, and never for her.
I quietly packed my duffel bag in shame and wondered if I died who would remind Derpy of me......or who I was while I was gone, and a thought hit me, That me and Derpy should try to have a kid since the doctors said that was a very slim chance.
I walked quietly to our bedroom and sat down next to Derpy who had her face buried into a pillow to try and silence her crying and she stopped when I rested her head in my lap, and Began to gently stroke her neck and soothe her as my mother did to me when I was younger.
"I'm sorry for making a big deal about it Iron." Derpy said once she stopped crying.
"Derpy.....I am the one who is sorry, I keep breaking promises to you, and that is not how it should work." I said while giving her a light kiss on the mouth.

“Now I have to go now.” I said quietly while getting up as she fell asleep on the bed holding onto my jacket and carefully removed it as to not wake her and grabbed my duffel bag off the floor and walked into the living room where I called the port manager.
“Imperial army, bay number 11298, how may I help you?” Someone on the other end asked.
“When does the ship ‘The silver tears’ leave?” I asked while leaving the apartment quietly and walking down the mahogany stairs to the exit down the back alley.

“That ship is scheduled to leave in an hour.” The voice replied and then hung up as I pushed the door open and stumbled over a stray animal and fell on my ribs as I hit the concrete and looked up in time to see a figure come out of the shadows.
“Hand over your stuff and you won’t be hurt.” The person said while pulling out a shock blade that was pulsing a light blue and the light was bright enough so I could see the dirty outfit of some street gang he was wearing.
I rolled to the side in time to see the blade slash the side of my bag where I was moments before, and quickly jumped up and brought myself to a combat stance the imperial academy taught me.

“A bit of a live one aren’t you.” He snarled while showing his teeth that looked like rocks and had a dull glow to them.
I didn’t respond but merely used the force to grab his blade and throw it in the air and tackled him while he was busy watching his knife, and lashed out and caught it as it nearly landed in the cracks of concrete blocks, and brought the knife to his throat.
“A bit of a live one huh?” I said while I watched his expression turn from stunned to scared.

“I’m sorry!” He shouted as the blade pulsed next to his throat, and he began to cry as he realized his victim had overpowered him.
I looked down at him as I drew the knife back and brought it down with all the strength I could muster and got up as I saw him begin to squirm as the blood pulsed out of the gaping hole when he threw the knife out of his neck, and I merely watched as with every heartbeat more blood left him and he got up clutching his throat and ran further in the alley and I felt that someone was watching me as I grabbed my duffel bag, and slid my hand into it and grabbed my light-saber and turned it on as I spun around , bringing myself to a defensive stance.

“Bravo, bravo indeed, you know how to handle yourself out here.” A male said as he stepped forward into the light revealing himself. “I know better than to mess with you.” He said as he walked in the direction of the other person who left a blood trail on the ground.
I merely shook my head and headed to the street and flagged a imperial transport that was heading to the dock bay area, I watched as the sleek grey truck hovered to a stop in front of me, and watched as the driver opened the passenger door for me, and let me settle in before he drove along to the docks.



I looked up and saw that the ship I was getting on was busy nearing the final step of refueling as I felt my pocket vibrate and brought out my phone to see it was Derpy calling me, I answered it as the truck stopped and I got out.
“I hate you.”She said as I heard her yawn in the background.
“And I love you…” was as far as I got when she started yelling at me.
“You said you were going to make tonight special and all you did was wait till I fell asleep on the bed and what did you do then, you simply left, without a note!” she yelled into her phone as I walked up the ramp of the ship and got in the elevator and pushed the 13th floor button, which is where my private booth was placed.

“Derpy, Derpy, listen, I know what I did was wrong but still it’s my one chance at hoping to become a full sith one day Derpy.” I said and then only heard silence as I knew she hung up.
“Girl trouble?” A deep voice behind me said as I threw my bag on my bed.
I turned around to see the head of security was standing in the door frame sipping on some type of coffee, I looked closer and saw his name tag Big Macintosh.
“You could say that.” I said as I felt sick, and remembered I had used the force earlier dealing with the mugging, and collapsed to my knees as I began to black out, and saw officer Macintosh drop his coffee and run over to me as I blacked out completely as he called in a sick bay officer to help him get me to sick bay.

I awoke to see a series of tubes running out of my arms and into a bacta tank that was next to me since I was too sick to be dunked in one, and I looked around to see Macintosh talking to a rather pale person that was dressed in a expensive suit that yelled I have money and power.

I quickly got up and collapsed back as one of the tubes scratched me and drew blood while I felt pain overtake all my senses and the only thing I could do keep from fainting was scream as I felt as if something was eating away at my insides, and I quickly started yanking the tubes out which got the attention of the doctors that were rushing into the room, and the nurses were busy forcing the officer out as he tried to get in the room.
“Nurse get him 50cc of morphine, and restrain him before he ends up breaking that bacta tank.” The doctor said as he watched a nurse inject me with a needle that made me lose the will to fight and struggle to get out of bed.
I remember waking later, I wasn’t awake for long when the alarms on the ship began to go off, and I realized that there were trails of blood in the hallway leading to the end of the corridor, and I knew I had to act fast if I wanted to live, and quickly got up and was relieved to see there were no tubes in me this time, but that was only a minor miracle since I noticed that there were restraints on my ankles, and I knew the only way out of it would be to either use the force, or wait to see if anybody found me.

“This ones for you Derpy.” I muttered as I used the force to break the restraints and got out of bed and walked over to the closet and searched it, and only found my duffel bag in it, and then I realized, my suit I had been issued was in my room.
PEW!PEW-PEW-PEW!
I turned around and jumped to the ground knowing that was blasts from a military issued blaster rifle, and watched in horror as someone was desperately trying to crawl away from the person that was clad in black armor of some type, but the person was of no match as the black clad figure simply walked over to him, and stomped on his neck, sending bits of bone, and blood everywhere.
“Area secure, but still no sign of package.” The figure said in a toneless voice to a earpiece that was hooked onto his helmet, and I looked up as we walked past my window, and looked in the room right at me, and then walked off.

I was shocked, ‘Why didn’t he come in here if he saw me?’ I asked my-self as I went outside into the corridor and was shocked at all the bodies that were in the lobby, and the security team was nowhere to be seen, either dead or alive elsewhere, or among the bodies.