• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 745 Views, 6 Comments

The God of Hellfire - Choose Your Own Adventure! (Alpha) - RyanPAPP



Discord has successfully corrupted Twilight Sparkle. Now, he calls on you for help with spreading anarchy to all the lands!

  • ...
 6
 745

A Choice

The ride begins as silent and awkward. Finally, the cop speaks up.

"Well, I reckon you didn't do it then."

"Why do you say that?" You reply.

"Y'know, I've driven a buncha' fellas down to this prison. Lord knows how many. Usually is 'bout now I get the 'I didn't do it!"

"Every time?"

"EVERY time."

A few silent seconds pass.

"I followed your case a little bit, you bein' a Cloudsdale boy and all." The cop says.

"You're from Cloudsdale then." You say.

"Yep. Came up to Ponyville to be a city cop in the seventies. Always wanted to work a case like the senatorial mess you got yourself mixed up in, with all due respect. A real shame that is."

Another Police carriage speeds down the other side of the highway.

"Hell, the whole family used to be regulars at your folks' drugstore right in downtown. Still there?" He asks.

"Sure is." You reply.

"Good".

More time passes.

"I got a nephew at that Asylum you were in! You been there long?"

"Going on my sixth year." You reply.

"You wanna know how I see it?"

"Sure." You reply.

"Regardless, could be you just did the wrong thing."

You grunt in response.

You hear chattering on the radio as a squardron of Police pegasi fly over.

"I'm driving this man once, h-he was the worst one. He wouldn't stop going on about how he didn't do it. He was an older fella. Big, soft eyes behind a pair of smart folk glasses, and he's just wailing back there, says it wasn't him. Crying and snotting all over, right where you're sitting."

A seemingly important call begins playing on the radio and the cop angrily shuts it off.

"Then before long he starts kicking the back of the seat, li-like a fussy baby on an airplane. And I tell him he's gotta stop, that's government property, and I'll be forced to zap him otherwise. So he stops, having exhausted all his options, he starts crying out for his mama. 'Mama, it's all a big mistake! It wasn't me!"

"Man..." Is all you say in reply to the anecdote.

"Man?! Not even close!" The cop jokes. "They caught the bucker red handed! Stabbin' his wife, cutting her up as the boys came through the door! He sits in my car screaming bloody murder that it wasn't him! I think he actually believed it himself. It goes to show, people will up and go mad when they believe their life is over."

"Oh, I got another good one for ya. This one's a little bit less depressing and a bit more hilarious if I do say so."

Suddenly, Emperor Discord runs into the middle of the street in front of the carriage and the cop hits him straight on.

The carriage is propelled to the side and into a tree, killing the cop on impact and knocking you out cold.

GO TO NEXT PAGE