• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 1,252 Views, 5 Comments

The Many Adventures of Doctor Whooves and Fleur Dis Lee - Super Trampoline



The Doctor's wife dies. Fleur's fiancé Fancypants calls off the wedding. They seek the services of Madamoiselle Pinkamina and Matching Feelings, two of the greatest matchmakers in Equestria. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
11
 5
 1,252

Prologue

This was never going to work. It was a horrible idea. Why did I even listen to Pinkie? This matchmaking business is all rubbish. The last lady paired me with a pear grower. A PEAR GROWER! I HATE pears!!! So what makes this "Mademoiselle Pinkamena" think she knows any better? I mean, yeah she seemed awful confident that we would be an "off kilter but charming match," but that's what the last one said too. Am I really that off kilter? I mean sure, I'm all timey-wimey, and I perhaps on past occasions have been known to wear celery, but am I really THAT wonky? Goodness me, I am! Now for Pete's sake, where is she? Is that her? Woah Nelly! I... wow. There's a mare.


So, another date, another jerk who probably just wants to get in my fur. I mean, that's been the pattern so far. But Matching Feelings was REALLY certain about this one, for sure --said we would have the time of our lives, and then just burst out laughing. Sigh. Who would have ever thought that I, Fleur Dis Lee, would stoop so low as to resort to a matchmaking service? Oh well, at least it was complementary for stallions, so I don't have to feel bad about fleecing whoever this guy is. Just try to have a good time Fleur. Maybe this one will be different. Maybe he'll look past my plot and to my personality. Maybe he'll... Oh my gosh, there he is. He looks familiar. Why? Could it be that... Nooooo. Impossible. Couldn't be, could it? Goddess, he sees me. He's smiling. I know that smile! But -but -but?!?... Well huh. Fleur grinned eagerly. This is going to be a most interesting date.


"Hello, you must be Time Turner."

"Yep yep, that I am miss. And you must be the exquisite Fleur Dis Lee I've heard so much about."

"Mmm. Good things I hope?"

"Well I don't know. That depends on how this date goes."

"Yep, It's you."

"Pardon?"

"It's you. I could spot your cheeky dialogue from a mile away. Or a decade and a half away as it were. Wow, you were right. huh. Quite fascinating."

"Miss Lee, I haven't the foggiest what you are rambling about. Are you ok?"

"Oh yes, I'm more than fine. It's just you're exactly how I remember you."

"We've met before? I'm sorry, I guess I get around a lot, meet a lot of ponies, but I really don't recall ever bumping into you. That's an interaction I doubt I would forget," he said with a wink.

"I'm sure you will remember, just not yet. After all, time travel can be a tricky business, eh Doctor?"

Time Turner's glass of water slipped from his hooves and shattered in his lap. He didn't notice.

"H-h-h-who t-told you to call me you th-that? N-nopony's supposed t-t-to know!"

Fleur smiled. "You did."

Author's Note:

It begins!