• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 1,396 Views, 16 Comments

Where The Road Takes Me - kaylatheotaku



Sweetie Belle was always a happy filly. Until one tragic day....

  • ...
3
 16
 1,396

A Normal Day

The sun shined into Sweetie Belle's room. She squinted and covered her eyes. She then got up, walked into her parent's kitchen slowly. Sweetie Belle walked out of the back door, and went outside. The air was fresh, the grass was green everything was perfect. She even saw a few butterflies that morning. After enjoying the outdoors she hurried to the Cutie Mark Crusader's club house. Inside Apple Bloom and Scootaloo awaited her arrival. When Sweetie Belle got there her friends jumped with joy. They must have been waiting all morning, she thought.

"You're finally here," Scootaloo exclaimed. "Now we can do some crusading!"

"Yeah," Apple Bloom agreed. "Now let's think of things to do."

"Okay, nothing to do with water though. You know how I feel about it." Sweetie Belle smiled at her caring friends.

Apple Bloom walked up to Sweetie Belle, and smiled back. "That's fine with me. We can always think of other super fun things to do. What about you Scootaloo?

Scootaloo groaned, "Why not do something with water? It could be really fun. We could get those water guns, and maybe Rainbow Dash can join us!"

"Yeah if we do that Applejack can come too!" Apple Bloom quickly agreed. "Or we could ask the weather team if they need any help. The worker ponies might get tired, and we can take their place!"

"Cutie Mark Crusaders weather team helpers....YAY!" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo yelled spontaneously. Sweetie Belle slunk back knowing that she was defeated. When the "yay" is said nothing can stop them.


"Hey," Scootaloo yelled at the weather team. "HEY!"

"I don't think they can hear you," Apple Bloom said. "Try something louder."

Scootaloo nudged Apple Bloom to get her attention. "No dip sherlock."

"I've got this," Sweetie Belle smiled and walked forward. She opened her mouth, and mad an ear piercing sound. It sounded like five car alarms going off at the same time. All the ponies who heard it clamped their hooves over their ears to block out the annoying noise. While others just groaned from the annoyance. Sweetie Belle took notice to this, and giggled a little bit. When she finished she walked away proudly. "I've still got it."

A brown pegasus with blue mane and glasses flew towards them. He seemed really annoyed to be pulled away from his work like that. He came to work thinking everything would be fine, but it wasn't sunshine and lollipops today. He looked at the three fillies in anger.

'What the buck do you want? You know I'm trying to do my job right? It's not all about playing kiddies! Some ponies have jobs!"

Scootaloo stepped up to the hot headed stallion. "Sorry about that, but we'd like to know if you guys need any help around here."

"Well," the stallion started, "we need some help clearing the skies. Because of a certain lazy rainbow maned pegasus we're behind schedule. Oh and kid one question: can you fly?"

"Me?" Scootaloo asked nervously. "The thing is.....I can-"

"Of course she can!" Sweetie Belle interrupted. "We'll be back in a minute."

Sweetie Belle dragged the other two away from the stallion. When he was out of earshot Scootaloo pounced on Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle pulled Scootaloo off of her like a toy in a young foal's hoof. Scootaloo wasn't taken aback by her friend's strength she was just angry. Sweetie Belle had never surprised Scootaloo at all (maybe a little), but she was predictable through Scootaloo's eyes.

Scootaloo stared Sweetie Belle down like a hawk. "What was that for?! You know I can't fly! Now the whole weather team will mock me! They'll call me a liar, and say I'm not a real pegasus just like the others in school."

Sweetie Belle's response wasn't hard to understand for the crusaders. "You can't fly, but I can."

The other two exchanged looks of excitement. Sweetie Belle explained her plan in great detail. Then they got to work. Apple Bloom made some fake wings, and painted them orange. Sweetie dyed her mane and coat to look like Scootaloo's. She also styled her mane to be a match to Scootaloo's as well. When she finished she put on the fake pegasus wings. Then she walked over to the stallion calmly.

"I'm back!"

"Okay kid just go up there and kick some cloud. If you want me I'll be over there." The stallion flew back to where he was working previously.

Sweetie Belle concentrated, and the jets in her hooves made her fly. With a tap of the fake wings it looked as if she was flying perfectly. She tried her best to hide the jet flames coming from her hooves. All was doing well until... CRASH! Sweetie Belle was pushed away by a flash of rainbow. She landed near a cloud, and stopped when she saw some dye coming off. She panicked and tried to go back to the other crusaders on the ground. She started to fly down thinking that nothing would stop her.

"Hey!" It was Rainbow Dash. She had finally realized she knocked into some pony and that she had to go to work today. "Sorry I ran into you!"

"Oh, um it's fine," Sweetie Belle replied. She didn't look back at Rainbow Dash. All she did was fly away. "I'm glad that's over. I'm never doing that again."

Rainbow dash looked back at the filly flying in the air. "Is that Scootaloo? No it can't be.......Right?"

Author's Note:

I put a brony youtuber in this chapter. Let's see if anyone gets it.