• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,164 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,164

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty-Six

I had been slipping into the first stages of sleep when I heard the door open. With the sound screen down I wasn’t sure who to expect; was that my captors, or my saviors?

The sound shield began to rise, and Pinkie Pie was the first to come through. “Hey Adam! How’ve you been?”

I couldn’t believe it, even though I knew it had been coming; my rescue was finally here!

I gave a little laugh of joy, and said “Whatever I was, I’m better now knowing I’m getting out of here!”

I saw Applejack and Rainbow Dash carrying both Lyra and Bon Bon, and I would have rushed over to check on my two closest friends if I weren’t restrained. “How are they? They haven’t been hurt have they?”

That’s when I noticed the man in the long coat behind them, “They’re just fine, but more importantly, how are you?”

I looked at him. Was this really true? Was I seeing another human being; a real, flesh and blood human being? I hadn’t seen another human in the flesh for almost two months. “Are you real?” I asked the man in a whisper.

“Yes, and we’re here to rescue you, Adam.”

“How do you know me?”

“Oh, you’re all the rage in Ponyville! We’ve got a lot to talk about, but first we need to get you out of here.” He began to unlock my restraints with some sort of pen device.

“Who are you?”

“I’m the Doctor.”

“No, what’s your real name?”

“What’s yours?”

My mouth was left hanging half open at his quick retort, “Hm..Touché.”

“Want to call it even, Adam?”

“Sure thing, Doctor.”

The last of my restraints were loosed, and I was a free man again..except that I was still in a maximum security facility beneath dozens of feet of rock, and several guards now beginning to recuperate. All things being in perspective, we were only halfway through the ordeal, but it’s the feeling of freedom that counts really.

The Doctor quickly waved his penlight-thing near my face. “You’ve suffered a mild concussion that hasn’t quite healed properly, and you are protein deficient, but other than that, you’re clean as a whistle!”

“And your flashlight told you all that?”

“It’s a Sonic Screwdriver, but that’s not important right now, we need to get back to the Tardis immediately!”

“..Tardis?”

Rainbow Dash grunted as she shifted Bon Bon and spoke up, “Yeah, it’s his time machine that flies! How cool is that?”

“..I’m dead; that’s it. I’m dead, and I just don’t know it yet.”

The Doctor called through the doorway of my cell, “You might be if we don’t get back to my ship before Bunsen Burner and his army fully recover! COME ON!”

I looked down to the girls, and quickly took Vinyl Scratch from off of Rarity’s back and laid her across my shoulder fireman style. I then took Lyra and Bon Bon under each arm, and hoisted them into the crooks of those arms, “If we need to get out of here fast, let’s go!” I said.

The girls followed the Doctor who was taking the lead, and we came up behind them all; the captives set free.

“Hang on,” I said towards Lyra’s ear, hoping she could hear me, “we’re almost home. We’re almost out of the dark.”

PreviousChapters Next