• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,164 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,164

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy-Six

I landed on a hard cold surface. For a second I thought I had gone blind, but then I realized my vision was returning to me, and so was my hearing.

“That was a nasty teleport,” I heard the Doctor mutter in pain as he picked himself off the floor.

“My insides feel like scrambled eggs,” I moaned. I then looked up, and before me stood a familiar purple alicorn. “Princess Luna, you heard me!” I said breathlessly.

“Are you unharmed, Adam the Human?” she looked all over me, “You remain well?”

“Yeah, nothing some fresh air won’t fix.”

I looked to my left and then my right, and then I saw the body of Lyra, lying near a crescent shaped balcony. Princess Luna’s eyes followed my gaze, and her eyes widened. She leapt to Lyra’s side and began to tend to her. The Doctor came over to Lyra and began to check her as well.

“Is she going to be alright,” I asked.

The Doctor's voice was laced with concentration,“I am pretty amazing, but in my near nine-hundred years I still haven’t learned how to be able to glance at a patient and instantaneously tell their condition,”

“How comest thou to say thou art near nine-hundred?” Princess Luna asked as she looked up to the Doctor’s face, “You appear to be no older then he,” she gestured to me.

“And you look pretty spry for a fourteen-hundred year old alicorn,” he quipped back.

Princess Luna leaned down to more closely inspect Lyra, when we saw the yellowish-green light begin to engulf the Princess. Lyra gasped for air, and the particles engulf Princess Luna completely. Lyra looked up to both me and the Doctor, “Did we do it? Did we find what we needed?”

“We did,” the Doctor quietly said.

Lyra looked over to me, and she saw my mechanical left appendage, “What the hay is that?” She looked up and saw her sovereign princess, “Holy horse apples, is that Princess Luna?!”

“She just saved all of our lives, but it looks like the Maiden has taken her instead.”

“Go”, we heard Princess Luna speak, “I will handle her; I will clear the way for you to the Elements of Harmony. We will meet again soon.” The Maiden was obviously in control, and she spoke again with greater urgency, “Go!” She flung a set of wooden doors open with Luna’s magic, and gestured to it.

We ran through the set of thick oak doors, and we made our way to the stairs toward the halls of the castle below. After many turns, we made our way out to a courtyard, where we spotted a large and ornate cathedral like structure. “That has to be the place,” I yelled over my shoulder.

As we approached the doors of the cathedral, several unicorns began to flank us and block us from going any further. Bunsen Burner stepped into the now complete circle, and approached me, “The game is up. No friends to rely on, no blue box to escape in; you have lost. Now then, I’m taking you into custody by the authority of the Royal Sisters.”

“Only if we so deign to grant that authority,” Princess Luna, without the Maiden’s influence, landed before Bunsen Burner and in front of the three of us.

The unicorns bowed before Princess Luna; Bunsen Burner did not. “Princess, I am surprised to see you.”

“BE SILENT, IMPUDENT FOAL!” Princess Luna roared, while thunder and lightning flashed and boomed in accompaniment to her loud voice. Bunsen Burner was unfazed, but silent. “You have abused our authority, and the trust of thy teacher, Princess Celestia! You have betrayed the values you were beholden to under my sister’s tutelage, and you have nearly cost every single being in this world their lives to pursue your own agenda! Were it solely for me to be the judge I would have thee banished to beyond the reach of any warm and loving star in the night sky!”

“Then do it,” he whispered angrily, “Do it and watch this world crumble before the likes of his kind,” he pointed to me, and then to her, “or your own. The world needs ponies like me. When the gods of Equestria become its demons, who is to stand in their way?”

Luna’s eyes flashed, and for the briefest moment her eyes were like haunting serpentine slits. “Do. Not. Test. Me.” Princess Luna looked to the unicorns surrounding her, and curtly said, “Leave us,” and all of them quickly obliged. She spoke in a low growl, “Your mind, your memories, all your inspiration, they are now mine; and I take them thusly,” she ripped off his spectacles with her magic.

His eyes widened in shock, surprise, and fear; his glasses had been the artifact that had stopped Princess Luna from entering his mind, and all of his defenses were now laid bare. “Don’t!” was all he got out before Princess Luna crashed into his consciousness.

PreviousChapters Next