• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,164 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,164

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Nine

In a blast of light, I was pushed back against and through the wall of the library. The fog in my head had cleared; the rage was gone now. “What have I done?” I sat up a little, my eyes still holding the after images of my hands choking the one last hope I had of a free life in this place. “What have I done?” I felt a sharp blow to my head. It was a horse’s hind leg. I was out cold before I hit the dirt. Princess Celestia, coughing and choking a little, stood over my limp form along with Bunsen Burner.

“Bunsen, you were right. Lock this creature up, and make sure he never harms a single pony ever again!”

He bowed respectfully. “As you wish, my princess. What shall we do with Twilight Sparkle?”

“Don't touch her. She was ignorant; she’s still growing up after all. His sincerity almost had me fooled. If there is even the slightest possibility there may be more of these things, I’m giving you all the necessary powers to hunt them down and detain them. Not even a single drop of pony blood is to be risked in encountering these things. If it comes down to it..” She paused, and slowly sighed. “Execute them on sight.”

Bunsen Burner bowed low once more. “As you command, Princess Celestia.”

My body was magically placed in a wooden cage, and carted off to the most secure place in Equestria; Canterlot Castle’s dungeons.

As they started to carry me off, Twilight walked over to the Princess. “But Princess Celestia! He was never like this before. He was intelligent, kind, and caring. I don’t understand why he would do this.”

Celestia looked down at her student with a small hint of melancholy in her eyes. “Oh Twilight, I’m so sorry. You are still so very young, and sometimes things aren’t always wait they seem. Even among friends this can be true. I’m afraid you’ve experienced too great of a burden today.”

“But, I don’t understand! He was peaceful; he was frightened and was pleading for your help. He’d never do anything like this. It’s not like him!”

“I’m so sorry Twilight, but what you need is rest. Go ahead. I’m going back to Canterlot to make sure this never happens again.” She disappeared in a storm of light, and then she was gone, leaving a very confused and disheartened student behind.

My cart went up the street, past the Invention Emporium. As it past, two sets of eyes followed it. One, a grey Pegasus with blonde mane and tail; the other a brown regular pony with a short spiky mane. “Oh, this had to happen didn’t it? Well! This complicates things a bit,” murmured the brown pony.

“What are we gonna do?”

“I’ve got a plan, but it’s risky, and we’re going to need outside help.”

“I’m with you every step of the way. What’re we going to do?”

“Oh, nothing special; we break a highly guarded human out of the most complex and secure prison in Equestria, and save everyone. Haven't quite worked out all the details yet, but it will turn out great! Now then,” As they galloped out towards the library, the brown pony jumped in the air, exposing his golden hourglass Cutie Mark for the entire world to see.

“Allons-y!”

PreviousChapters Next