• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 6,164 Views, 371 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of - Hustlin Tom



A man finds himself in Equestria after being teleported there by a shady human think-tank. As he learns to live among the pony populace, though, unsettling parallels between equine and human culture drive him to search for what their connection is.

  • ...
34
 371
 6,164

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eighty-Four

Princess Luna saw the blue box fly into the chasm in the sky. She knew the Doctor would be in position soon, so she summoned up her Royal Canterlot Voice to speak to everypony.

“CITIZENS OF EQUESTRIA,” all eyes turned to the azure alicorn and waited for the explanation as to why they were all there. “THANK YOU ALL FOR ANSWERING MY SUMMONS. HEAR ME, YEA, HEAR ME! OUR LAND IS IN PERIL FROM THE EXPANSE ABOVE.” She pointed to the skies, and as everypony looked up, there was hushed murmuring from the crowd. “FEAR NOT, MY SUBJECTS. THERE IS A PLAN. HOWEVER, TODAY I MUST TELL YOU A TRUTH THAT MAY BE HARD TO ACCEPT. I CANNOT DO THIS ON MY OWN, AND MY SISTER AND FELLOW SOVEREIGN, PRINCESS CELESTIA, IS NOT HERE. CITIZENS OF EQUESTRIA, I MUST HUMBLY ASK FOR YOUR HELP. WITH OUR COMBINED EFFORTS, WE CAN END THE THREAT POSED TO OUR HOMES, TO OUR LIVELIHOOD, AND TO OUR VERY EXISTENCE. WE MUST GIVE OUR ALL, OR WE HAVE NO HOPE OF ACHIEVING SAFETY FOR ALL. WHAT SAY YOU?” The crowd was momentarily stunned, but finally they all cheered and shouted. “FOR EQUESTRIA!” Princess Luna decreed, and the crowd roared even louder.

“Unicorns, form yourselves into five groups. Pegasi, to the skies! And clear away any inclement weather. Earth ponies, care and provide for the tired and fatigued. Elements of Harmony, to me! Create the sixth point of our pattern!” Everypony hurried as safely as possible to their designated regions.

The unicorns and the Elements of Harmony formed a perimeter around Princess Luna in the shape of a hexagon, with the Princess at the epicenter and the Elements at the northernmost point in the six point array. The pegasi were on standby in the sky, waiting expectantly for the ozone that would be created by the large magical discharge. The Earth ponies had created an area with comfortable places to rest, along with refreshments like Sweet Apple Acres’ apples, carrots, okra, and other foods common to the market place of Ponyville. By the time everypony was in position, a mere fifteen minutes remained.

Princess Luna spoke aloud for all to hear, “UPON MY SIGNAL, THE UNICORNS AND THE ELEMENTS MUST GIVE ME EVERY OUNCE OF MAGIC THEY HAVE. ON THE COUNT OF THREE. ONE!” The atmosphere was tense, and all fell silent. “TWO!” Princess Luna felt the nervousness in her stomach plunge into the abyss as she was about to begin the most important task of her long life.

The Elements gathered, and their eyes glowed with power. All the Unicorn’s horns were glowing, and the multicolored phenomenon could be seen for miles. “THREE! NOW!” Princess Luna’s magic arced high into the sky as a column of dark blue light. The Elements’ powers flew at the Princess in flood of rainbow light, which was joined by the power of every single magic bolt cast by each unicorn.

PreviousChapters Next