• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 935 Views, 12 Comments

My Adventure in Equestria - darthvader45



An ordinary day, turns into one whole new adventure!

  • ...
 12
 935

Strange Awakening

My life is going quite well these days. But, today is no ordinary day. I will soon wake up in that well-known land of multi-colored talking ponies, Equestria. Who knows? My day is about to get 20% cooler.

“Josh, time for chores!”

“Alright Mom, coming!”

It was a dark evening on a pretty much average day for me, and it was getting close to dinnertime. I had just finished my homework, and really was looking forward to hot dogs for dinner. I walked over to the stove and grabbed some pill bottles from the basket on the overhead shelf. They were mainly for my mom and my dog, who both had similar heart problems. I set my dog's meds on the washing machine, and my mom's ones on a platter in the bathroom next to the sink. I then got myself a glass of milk and checked the calendar. I was getting off of my medication because the condition they were treating was practically gone,and to my relief, I skip one today. I went over and sat down on the left side of the couch facing the front window. My mom, dad and I watched the local news and the national news(with no really new stories, just stuff about a recent tragedy at a high school in Chardon and some dumb political stuff). I got my chores done for the night and settled into bed, ready to dream about those ponies again, and any adventures I'd want to have with them. I quickly fell asleep, not even snoring, just breathing slightly.

Even with my eyes closed, I suddenly noticed that the room I was in was a lot brighter than my bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in a library, and since my vision was a little blurry since I was still a little tired, I could only make out a purple and green blur. Then I heard a grumbling noise that I knew could only be my stomach:
“Man, I'm starving. I should really get something to eat”
“You're telling me. I could really go for some gems right now, especially sapphires...”
I rubbed my eyes, and looked more clearly at where the voice was coming from, and the voice looked over at me.

“YAAAAAH!” Both voices screamed. I quickly ran behind a nearby bookshelf, and peeked around. Whoa, a dragon. I carefully walked back out, noticing it was doing the same. We stood face to face, like statues. The dragon was about up to the middle of my thighs in height, with light lavender scales. He had a crest made up of three large green scales, with smaller ones down his back and on his tail, which had a small spade-shaped fin on it.
“Um, hello?” We said in unison.
We both flinched “You talked!” We said again.
“Well duh, we kinda struck a small conversation before all of, well, this” I pointed to the bookshelves we hid behind before.
“Oh, right”

“Yeah”

Very awkward silence.

“What are you, anyway? Never seen you before”

“I'm a human...and you are, let me guess, a dragon?”

“Yep, what's new about that?”

“Well, I never saw a real dragon before, but I sure read about you in stories and legends.”

“Wait, wherever you're from, you heard of me?”

“Well, yeah, b-but your kind never really existed”

“Whoa, whoa whoa. How can I be famous and legendary if my kind never existed in where you're from? It doesn't make any
sense!”

“THIS WHOLE SITUATION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!”

Again, awkward silence.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. It's just because I don't know why I'm here or how I could get back home. It's all just a big, jumbled mess.”

The dragon spoke, fanning the claws on both of his hands, “Hey hey hey. It's okay! It's my fault, really. I shouldn't have thrown so many questions on you. Let's just start over. Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Spike, and I'm a dragon.
Now, you try.”

“Okay, I'm Josh, and I'm a human-”

My stomach growled again, interrupting me before I could say anything more.

“And hungry” Spike said with a chuckle. “Let's go get you something to eat.”

“Sure, let's go. We can talk on the way there” I walked out the door, with Spike right next to me.

“So, where are you from?”

“America”

“America?”

“Well, more like the United States of America”

“Never heard of it!”

“You never heard of it? This is Earth, you should know!”
“Yeah this is Earth, but I've never heard of America. Is it brand-new?”

“It's existed for two to three hundred years!”

“Well, if it was a new country, the news would've reach everyone in about two or three days”

“Maybe you live on a different planet that you guys also named 'Earth'. I dunno, just guessing.”
“Whoa, whoa, hold on.” I clarified, “If this is a completely different planet that I'm on, and you've never seen a human before in your life, doesn't that mean I'm the only human here?”

“Well, as far as I can tell, you ARE.”

"Huh, well that kinda makes me feel out of place."

“I know,” Spike sighed, “Being the pig among guinea pigs. Being the ruby among emeralds. I mean, take a look at me: I'm a dragon in a town populated with ponies! It wasn't easy to accept, but after acting like myself, I blended in in no time!”

“Wait! Ponies?”

“Yeah. Ponies!” Spike slapped himself on the forehead. “DOYYY! Of course! Where are my manners? I should introduce you to Twilight! And the rest of the gang! Follow me!”

“What's with the sudden enthusiasm?”

“Nothing! Just the fact that you seem like a swell guy, and you should deserve to meet my friends, that’s all.”

“You seem pretty funny, too. Oh, looks like we're here at Sugarcube Corner."

Maybe this would be better than I thought.