• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,606 Views, 375 Comments

Facility 0013 - DismantledAccount



You wake up. You feel nothing but pain. You remember nothing. How did you get here? Where is here?

  • ...
3
 375
 1,606

Seven: Second Guesses

The giggling is getting closer and closer. Soon the things will enter the room. You're not quite sure what they want, but it can't be good.

You turn around and look at the console. The lights flicker merrily, completely unaware of the danger you face. There has got to be something useful that I can do with this, you think, regarding the panel with a new interest. You quickly take a few steps forward and reach the console. "Any ideas, Wisp?" you ask, looking once again at all the unlabeled buttons, switches, and levers.

Wisp just cheeps quietly into your ear, still shaking.

A large red button in the middle of the console attracts your attention. It is surrounded by diagonal stripes that are alternating yellow and black in color. That one has to be important. Maybe even important enough to be helpful, you think reaching for the button.

You try to press the button but there is a small, clear, plastic door covering it. Probably to keep it from getting accidentally pressed, you think, lifting up the cover. You press down on the newly uncovered button until it clicks ominously.

Immediately, thick metal doors slide down from the ceiling of each of the hallways, sealing them off for good. The giggling stops but you can hear a dull thumping as they beat relentlessly on the door. You sigh in relief as you realize that none of them made it inside.

"Emergency protocol engaged, please verify authority," says a stallions voice from the console that reminds you of the pleasant mare. It is an unnaturally smooth voice filled with no emotion.

"Verify authority?" you echo with confusion. You can feel Wisp craning her neck over to look at the door that is holding back the monsters.

"Please verify authority for lock down procedure within the allotted time frame," says the voice from the console. "Ten."

"Verify? How?" you ask.

"Nine," it responds.

You start hitting random buttons.

"Eight."

You pull a pair of small levers that make a cranking sound.

"Seven."

You push the red button again.

"Six."

"Nothing's happening!" you exclaim angrily, pushing another set of buttons.

"Five."

"Help us out here, Wisp, what do you think I should press?" you ask.

"Four."

She squeaks and points to what looks like an unlabeled number pad.

"Three."

You press four different buttons on the pad. The nine lights respond by flashing red then returning to white.

"Incorrect code. Two."

"Come on... Come on..." you say, typing in another combination. The buttons flash red once again.

"Incorrect code. One."

You press one last button combination then close your eyes and clench your teeth, preparing for the worst. Wisp squeezes your neck with as much force as she can muster, choking you.

"Zero. Time has expired," says the voice from the console. "Have a splendid day," it says, still with no emotion.

You open your eyes slowly. "Is that it?" you ask it, wheezing around Wisp's death grip.

The console is silent.

The room is silent.

Even the creatures have stopped their incessant banging.

Wisp relaxes her grip slowly. You can still feel her heart pounding against your spine.

You sigh in relief.

You hear the quiet sound of metal sliding on metal.

You hear a soft sound of something fleshy being cut.

You feel a pinch in your chest, right over your heart.

Wisp gurgles weakly.

You feel a warm, wet substance leak down the back of your neck, around your face, and off of your chin. You watch the red liquid splatter on the ground. After looking down, you realize the source of the pinch. A spike, one inch in diameter, has risen from the floor through your chest. You look over your shoulder and see the life rapidly draining from Wisp's wide eyes. The tip of the spike is protruding from her back.

The spike is covered with red. The blood of you and Wisp glisten in your fading vision.

You try to breath in again but it is a struggle, the spike has pierced your lung. Blood is filling your lung. You take in what air you can, wheezing the entire time. "So-rry... W-is...p," you choke out, blood staining your lips and splattering on the ground.

"Unauthorized access of emergency lock down procedure rectified," says the voice without a hint of malice.

Your legs can't support you anymore. They collapse and you slowly slide down the spike. You head is so heavy that you can't hold it up anymore. It slowly drops onto the floor, muzzle first. In your dim vision you see a small hole open in the floor right below your eye. You can see the spike waiting like a coiled snake, listening for an unknown signal.

The spike rockets upward through your right eye and out the back of your head, spraying brain matter everywhere.

You are dead.

Try again?

>Try to fight them.

>Run to the Testing Area.

>Try to reason with them.

Author's Note:

Oh no, your first death!
Fear not! This is not the end of the story.
This is simply one of the second chances I promised. The story won't end until an ending is reached. This is simply a mistake, not an ending.

On another note...
Yes, I finally got to write a death scene!