• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,606 Views, 375 Comments

Facility 0013 - DismantledAccount



You wake up. You feel nothing but pain. You remember nothing. How did you get here? Where is here?

  • ...
3
 375
 1,606

Thirteen: Luck of the Draw

I must help this foal, you think, taking a step forward. Bringing up your foreleg, you smash at a small defect that you hope is the lock.

The metal clanks dully, but nothing happens.

The sound of the next flash of light is building, and you have to work quickly to save the foal.

Aiming your hoof at the corner of the door, you use it like a hammer and pound vigorously on the metal. The metal begins to split along the seam, so you continue.

“Please hurry,” whispers the foal; it’s gender remains a mystery, but its plight does not.

“Working on it,” you grunt, smacking the metal even harder with your unfeeling hoof.

With a jarring crunch, the corner breaks off. Finally able to get some leverage, you pry your hoof in the triangular hole and pull on the edge of the door.

Muscles straining, you heave on the door; it flies off and impacts the ceiling with a dull clang. With a softer sound, it lands behind you.

Peering in the cage, you see a curiously dark foal lying on its side. It looks up at you with its golden eyes and whimpers softly.

Acting quickly, you reach in and grab the foal. You pull out the foal and cradle it to your body. Turning your back on the cage, you shield the foal from the painfully bright light as it flashes again. At least, that’s what you would do….

Except your hoof passes through the foal.

It’s almost like the foal isn’t even there.

The foal weakly crawls out of the cage while you stand there, unable to do anything. As it falls to the floor, you hold out your forelegs to try and catch it, but to no avail. It simply passes, or more accurately, flows around you. You watch in fascination as its body defies the laws of physics.

Reaching behind you, you grab the damaged door and stuff it into the hole. Crimping the edges of the cage inward with your hooves, you seal the door just as the electricity finishes building. It flashes, but you can’t see any of the light. Nodding in satisfaction, you turn your attention to the foal.

The foal is crouched underneath you; it is sitting in your shadow, softly panting and whimpering.

“Are you all right?” you ask, looking down at it.

The foal nods, but doesn’t say anything.

“How about you, Wisp?”

Wisp doesn’t say anything either, nor does she respond in any way. She just stares at the foal sitting in your shadow.

The foal places its foreleg on yours. It slides into the cracks in your rock-hard skin. You watch in fascination as the entire foal pours itself into the gaps. You can feel it sliding around, but the feeling is hard to describe. It feels similar to just barely brushing your coat up against something soft. It’s a feeling that’s there, yet somehow not. You would probably be able to feel it better if your skin wasn’t practically dead. The foal is now completely invisible to your eyes. If you couldn’t feel it, you would never know that it was there.

Now the foal is riding along your skin towards you face.

You feel it sliding its way up your leg, onto your back, and along your neck.

“What are you doing?” you ask it.

“I’m hungry,” it whimpers.

You feel it sliding around; it moves toward your face, your mouth. It sits right on the edge of your parted lips and stops.

“What do you eat?” you ask slowly.

“...You….” The foal forces your lips open wide and begins flooding your mouth.

You start gagging and bring your forelegs up to your mouth. You tug and swipe, spit and vomit, but the foal flows in unheeded. You can feel it coursing down your throat like some thick liquid. Wiping the spit from your lip, you can feel the foal nestle in your stomach.

You feel a bite.

A sharp tooth.

It drags along your insides.

Cutting, slicing.

Clenching your teeth, you sit down with a grunt and wrap your forelegs around your abdomen.

You feel a second bite.

More pain.

A third bite.

A forth.

Grunting and wincing, you fall onto your side with a heavy thud.

It’s tearing you apart.

You can feel it shredding, biting, eating.

You can feel it break through the side of your stomach.

Eating, clawing.

Pain.

Somepony is screaming, you can hear him.

You look down to see that the skin of your ribcage is slowly expanding outward.

Blood spurting, your skin erupts outward in a splash of color, coating the floor in a deep red.

You can hear the pony screaming louder.

The foal sticks its head out of your stomach. It looks unchanged. Its eyes are still gold; its coat is still completely black: it is still innocent.

Flashing bloody teeth, it grins wickedly.

Stepping out of your chest, it shakes itself off and walks up to your head, blood dripping off of it quickly.

“Thank you for saving me,” it says in its childish voice. Its voice doesn’t seem to match its bloody teeth or what it has done, but you can see it right before your eyes. “But I’m still hungry.”

Leaning forward, it places a foreleg on each side of your face. It dives into your eye, and pain floods your mind.

It explodes out the side of your neck.

You can hear your own breathing in your ear, and you can feel your heartbeat slowing.

Limply rolling over onto your back, you see Wisp and the foal out of the corner of your eye.

Wisp feebly swats at the foal, but her foreleg flows right through it.

The foal leaps into her open mouth and erupts out of her back a second later.

Her milky blue eyes meet yours, then close slowly. The shadow-foal goes back into her and bursts out of her eye sockets, splattering you in her gore.

The foal trots toward you, evidently not satisfied. Sliding in your chest, you feel its teeth begin their work anew.

“Morality is such a pesky thing,” murmurs the Beast, as the world goes dark.

You are dead.

>Leave it and run away.

>Leave it and run away.

>Leave it and run away.

Author's Note:

Those are your choices (No, you don't actually have to vote, but comments are always nice. I already started working on the next chapter.)…. Just because it's a foal doesn't mean it's friendly.

I'm not going to lie, I have WAY too much fun writing these death chapters... :pinkiecrazy: