• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 1,342 Views, 25 Comments

Experiment 187 - Mike the Red



Twilight creates a robot to see if she can give Spike more free time. Her experiment is a huge success at first, but then things take a darker turn.

  • ...
11
 25
 1,342

The First Victim

A few more weeks passed as the plan was slowly implemented. TS had requested the other pony-bots report regularly to her with observations and information on possible targets and the likelihood that the elimination and replacement of certain ponies would attract as little attention as possible. The first target selected was the pony commonly known as Berry Punch. TS set to work building a near-perfect copy of the magenta earth pony, though little was known about her. She was tailed discreetly for a few days to determine behavior, habits, speech patterns, and other aspects of her personality.

Lyra-bot was the one who tailed Berry Punch -- as it turns out, Lyra had initially wanted the pony-bot for the sake of curiosity, but after a few weeks, the novelty had worn off, and Lyra had allowed her pony-bot free run of the town. The pony-bot took full advantage of the opportunity to become a spy for TS, seemingly relishing the chance to engage in clandestine activities. The night before Berry Punch was to be murdered, she met with TS again for another debriefing. As with the earlier meeting, this one took place on the outskirts of town.

"So, Lyra-bot, you have determined the habits of Berry Punch? I have finished her copy and am ready to release it," TS said almost cheerfully, flashing a smile.

"Yes, TS. She has a tendency to drink too much from time to time and trot home in a drunken stupor when she does. There are certain taverns she frequents," she replied flatly.

"Good. She will prove to be an easy target then. How soon do you think you'll be able to dispatch her?"

"I believe I will be able to do this tomorrow night," Lyra-bot stated optimistically. "Has Twilight asked about your most recent project?"

"I have told her I received another order for another pony-bot. It's a lie that is easy for her to believe, one she won't immediately dismiss out of hoof."

"Good. We don't want to attract unwanted attention or arouse suspicion. I shall engage Berry Punch tomorrow evening to arrange an 'accident' to befall her," Lyra-bot responded, adding a chilling metallic chuckle.

"Don't enjoy it too much, Lyra-bot. We must start slow before we can enact the full-scale takeover," TS admonished. The mint-green pony-bot saluted her leader and trotted off towards town. TS made her way back to the library, having convinced the lavender unicorn of her needs outside it. The lavender pony-bot almost chuckled to herself about how easy it was to deceive her creator, though she noted that the little drake would prove to be a bit of a problem.

------------------------------

The following evening found Lyra-bot discreetly following a certain magenta earth pony, who had had a little too much to drink. This is going to be too easy, the pony-bot thought to herself as she quietly approached her target. Berry Punch was trotting unsteadily towards her home and paid no attention to the mint-green robot following her. Every once in awhile she would turn her head as if to think somepony was following her, though she dismissed it as tricks of the light. As she meandered towards the poorer section of Ponyville, Lyra-bot took the opportunity to wrap her magic aura around a knife she had procured from the bakery. She maintained a fair distance away from the inebriated pony so as not to attract much attention, though she needn't have worried about that. They were far enough away from prying eyes, and it was dark enough outside that nopony would have paid much attention anyway.

Berry Punch cried out in pain as Lyra-bot used her telekinesis to make the knife slash across the pony's left hind leg, about half-way up the cannon. Blood oozed from the wound as she stumbled, but continued to trot a bit faster in an attempt to make it to her home. She cried out again as Lyra-bot closed the distance a little, slashing the drunk pony across her other hind leg, making a deeper cut, causing her to fall on the ground, crying in pain. The pony-bot made a few more slashing cuts across the other legs to fully cripple her.

"Please! Whoever you are! Please stop! I never hurt anypony! Why are you doing this to me?" she asked, trying to find her tormentor. The pony-bot cut again, slashing across her neck, then down the hapless mare's belly, making a bloody mess on the ground. Lyra-bot seemed to cackle in glee at her work as she looked down at her victim.

"You and your kind are weak -- you treat us with disrespect -- we will have our revenge!" the mint-green pony-bot stated in a low tone. She whirled her head around when she heard hoofsteps. TS had heard the cries of the drunken pony and came galloping to investigate.

"Lyra-bot! I told you to make it look like an accident!" the lavender robot stated, a hint of anger in her voice. She glared disapprovingly at her associate.

"I tried to, but I thought this would be acceptable as well," the mint-green pony-bot offered, grinning sheepishly. Berry Punch gurgled as she bled out, her body falling limply to rest on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding her.

"Great. Now I'm going to have to clean up this mess. Lyra-bot, I need you to help me here. Take her body to the Everfree Forest as far as you deem necessary so nopony will find it. I will clean up this mess and release Berry-bot as soon as I'm finished. When you're done, I will need for you to scout our next target, but I cannot allow you to take pleasure in killing these ponies -- I told everybot that they were to make these deaths appear accidental," TS admonished. "Must I do everything myself?"

"No, TS. I will do as you instruct," Lyra-bot stated, a sad tone to her voice as she carried the dead pony with her telekinesis into the forest.