• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,173 Views, 28 Comments

Mission Impossible? - bud467



Tread, a 15 year old earth pony is thrust back into civilian life after being wounded.

  • ...
6
 28
 1,173

The Arrival!

Authors Note: I am dropping a plot bomb. you will know it when you see it.

"FWAHH!!!!" I sat up suddenly, startling Nur- Miss. Warmheart and... Some guest's. Wow. If this keeps up I am going to have a hell’uva time choosing. (Author:*Cough* COUGH) then I realized.... I am in a..."Horseapples!" I yelled as I pounded a hoof on the bed. The unicorn with Diamonds for a cutie mark spoke first. "Do please watch your language!" I blushed at that. "Sorry about that." she apologized." My name is Rarity."

Then the pink mare began jumping up and down" YAY! He is awake!"

One by one they introduced themselves. I nodded and greeted them with a warm smile but quickly dropped it. I quickly clambered out of bed and stood at attention. My flank is hurting. A lot. The girls followed my gaze and jumped when they spotted Princess Celestia and her Royal guard in the doorway.

"P-P-Princess! Why are you here?!" The girls stammered as the Princess laugh, a rather cute laugh I dare say.

"Sergeant Tread. Please, this is a casual appearance." She turned to the girls. " I heard about the incident on the train. So I had to see if the war hero was doing fine!" every pony in the room laughed... well one of the guard chuckled while the others were silent. We all sat down for a few minutes and chatted before the Princess excused herself and went back to the castle.

"Hey Tread?" Twilight's voice softened. "Where" she paused hesitating "... are your cutie marks?" the other girls looked at her then at me.

"Oh uhm. My cutie marks?" The girls nodded. I pawed at my bed. Shit. "When the grenade went off, some shrapnel had passed through both cutie marks... destroying them." I never got mine... Most of the girls gasped but Applejack was staring at me. Crap she can see through it! Wow she is cute! Thank Celestia, the doctor peeked in and said I was cleared to go to the ceremony. A nurse trotted in and laid a new uniform on my bed, smiled and trotted out. I rolled onto my hoofs and looked at Warmheart with a needy expression. Raising a hoof to her snout she cleared her throat and the girls, blushing, walked out.

*****


"And finally I present YOU, Sergeant Tread, for honor and conduct in the heat of battle the Pony Iron Cross." The entire crowd erupted into cheers as Princess Celestia gently draped the medal over my neck. Several long minutes passed and the ceremony was over. That is when the Princess pulled me to the side. "I want you to go and live in Ponyville. My pupil and her friends live there. I want you to relax, Tread."

Several hours later Miss. Warmheart and I were walking into a small inn in Ponyville. "Hello!" a voice chimed from behind the counter and an older brown Mare walked out form the backroom." My name is Coco! May I help you?" I trotted up to the counter. “Do you have any room here?" Coco nodded looked at both of us then flipped open a book.

"One room?" she asked with a wink. Miss. Warmheart and I blushed deeply and began spilling excuses. Coco raised a hoof. "So two rooms." we sighed in relief and embarrassment and nodded. "It is 25 bits a night. Alright?" I nodded and she handed over our keys. "Sleep tight!" she said as she walked into the back. After escorting Miss. Warmheart to her room, I locked my door behind me, dumped my saddle bags, pulled off my uniform, crawled in under the covers and promptly fell asleep.