• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,172 Views, 28 Comments

Mission Impossible? - bud467



Tread, a 15 year old earth pony is thrust back into civilian life after being wounded.

  • ...
6
 28
 1,172

well this is interesting

The pony seemed to have backup as well. There were two other earth ponies and a unicorn that had a pistol. "Your wallet and your valuables." I shook my head. "No can do." That got the attention of several hostages and their takers. The leader huffed and pulled a combat knife and pointed it at me. "Mhrny."

"I cannot hand you my money and from the looks of it you are about to atta-" He swung the quickly and with some skill, but nopony said that being in the trenches for a year didn't have its perks. I dodged his series of attacks and bucked him in the jaw, breaking it with a satisfying crack. I picked up the knife and threw it behind me and charged the unicorn.
*****
"Mmm... Tread?" I sat up. "Tread?!" I began panicking. I could have sworn I fell asleep and Tread was here. Suddenly there was a series of loud pops several carts down followed by screams. “Oh no. No no no no NO!" I ran down the train carts, carrying my first aid bag in my teeth when I stopped at the door to one cart. The glass window on the door to it had a bullet hole and blood splattered on it. Shaking, I carefully opened the door and an earth pony who was wielding a knife in his mouth fell against the floor and moaned. I looked up and Tread was fighting another earth pony that had a knife. "Tread!"

The earth pony looked over and Tread administered one quick and heavily powered kick to his head, knocking out the aggressor. I picked up and threw out the knife the wounded pony next to me had and began tending to his wounds. Tread walked down the rows checking if any pony was hurt before passing out.

“Ah! He passed ah'out!"

I looked up and saw a group of mares trying to wake up Tread. "Some pony tell the conductor to get the train moving NOW!" I began yelling trying to gain control of the situation. Two of the mares who were trying to wake up Tread, one with a blonde coat and hat, and a cyan Pegasus with a rainbow colored tail and mane, looked up, nodded then ran off.
As I finally stabilized the pony with the gunshot wound. The train jerked and began to move. I quickly checked the other aggressors and then quickly ran to Tread. "What?" His wound had reopened as that was evident by the blood in the bandages that were next to him, but when I reached him the wound was closed.
" I used a healing spell to close the wound. A purple unicorn with -IS THAT A BABY DRAGON?! Anyways, this unicorn walked up to me.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle."

"I am Nurse Warmheart. Thank you for attending to Tread."
She blushed a bit and smiled. Maybe she thinks we are a couple. “I was tasked to attend to him until we reached Canterlot." That raised the group’s curiosity.

“Oh! Does he live in Canterlot?"

I shook my head. "The Princess is awarding him and his squad the Iron Horse."

"WHAT?!" The six mares yelled in unison. The white unicorn was stamping her hooves. "He is a war hero?!" she levitated a brush out of her bag and ran towards the bathroom. "That's Rarity fer ya. I am Applejack." Applejack put her hoof out and I shook it.