• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 1,329 Views, 20 Comments

Spiders aren't Monsters - Moustache Queen



Everypony hates spiders, and I mean HATE, some squish them with there hooves, some torture the little creatures by burning, drowning, or even starving them! I however don't and I'm gunna make sure these little creatures are loved..if you do

  • ...
1
 20
 1,329

The Beginning...

------------------------Spiders aren't Monsters-------------------------

Arachnophobia, a common fear, what fear is that? Of spiders...eight legged insects, with long pincers and hairy legs and pitch black eyes, some are poisonous, some are fatal, and some are just plain scary. Nearly half of the population in both our world and Equestria hate...and I mean HATE Spiders. Just look at Rarity, a tough white unicorn which isn't afraid to get her hooves dirty when her friends are in danger, but dealing with Spiders? Totally screaming like hell, and I mean hell.

Spiders, are in all colours, not multicolour of course but shady colours, black, brown, amber, grey, basically all shady colours. Some Spiders are tiny as our figure-nails, and still people scream like hell, others are big as a normal house brick, that's when you start screaming, especially when it shoots out poisonous liquid at you.

What am I saying is, like all other animals, Spiders attack when afraid, or starving. No other reason. But why do we attack? Plain fear, but do we really have to kill them? Isn't that a bit overreacting? Well, some people in our world step up for Spiders..

But in Equestria? Only one...

Who may you ask? Well it's the, loveable, kind, compassionate, sweet-vocied, shy, brave Pegasus Mare known as Fluttershy; And she's not gunna stop, until Spiders are loved... And are never called Monsters again.

------------------------Spiders aren't Monsters-------------------------

The sun stayed in the clear sky lazily, it's warm tongues of flames, lapped the very earth of Equestria below. The soft breezy winds happily traveled around the forests below the sun, the emerald green grass rattled and swished as the soft breezes pressed against them. The strong oak trees stood still, but there bright green leaves swished and swished as the soft winds pressed against them. The rivers shinned bright blue and white as the blazing sun shinned its bright rays onto the cold water. Squirrels happily chased each other, looking for the delicious nuts, the river's fish, happily swam and from time to time, hopped out of the water. The birds happily soared in the skies enjoying the soft and warm breeze against there small or large feathers. All creatures were happy...

But one...

A rattle entered all the animals ears, squeaking and squawking they raced to there dens, eager to hide themselves from the unknown threat. The happy fish swam silent in the river, eager not to make a sound, the Squirrels rushed and buried themselves in there hollow dens, shaking in fear. The birds squeaked and soared higher until they vanished into the white puffy clouds that sailed across the bright blue skies.

"SPIDER!!!" A voice screamed.

The animals of the forest shook in fear and buried themselves in there homes, the scream echoed through the entire forest, all was dead quite, only the soft drip drip drip of the river was heard. A large white unicorn with a lovely stylish purple mane ran out of the bushes, she was shaking her head widely, screaming dramatically as she did so.

"GET IT OFF ME!!!!!! GET IT OFF MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" The unicorn screamed, shaking her purple mane and white head as she did so.

A small glean of silver shinned by the suns glorious rays of light, if you looked closer, you would see little linings of silver patched up, and stitched ever so perfectly. It was a Spider's Web, and a big one too, the silver linings was attached across the unicorns mane and horn, she was staring to scream even louder now. But the question is...

Where was the Spider?

"Rarity! Hold on I'm coming!" Soothed a voice.

A soft soft sound of feathers and squeaking erupted, the animals of the forest poked there heads out of there homes, there eyes began to shine happily as they saw there mistress. Fluttershy, Queen Of the Forest...

Not that she didn't know she was even a Queen to the animals, she often thought herself as a protector and lover, of all creatures big and small. Her bright yellow wings tucked at her sides as she landed softly on the forest floor. Breathing in deep the Pegasus broke into a run.

The Mare's bright pink mane swished and flicked as the soft winds pressed against her, she slowly broke form a run into a trot as she was getting closer to Rarity. Her dark green eyes sparkled in fear and confusion, Rarity kept on screaming and shaking her head. Fluttershy slowly found herself one hoof-step away from her panicking friend, breathing in Futtershy spoke the loudest she could.

"Rarity what's wrong?...If you don't mind me asking" Fluttershy asked.

Rarity of course, couldn't hear, in fact, she was screaming so loud, Fluttershy's normal voice sounded like her whispering when meeting new ponies. Fluttershy frowned, lifting her wings she slowly lifted herself from the floor, her gaze never leaving Rarity's mane.

Slowly the Pegasus flew softly forwards, avoid Rarity's swaying head and soft horn (though it could poke your eye, and it would hurt really bad). Fluttershy gasped as she gazed at the soft silver linings. Lifting a soft genial hoof, Fluttershy unwrapped the soft Spider Web, carefully avoiding Rarity's horn. Slowly Rarity began to calm down, Fluttershy however was concerned about the Spider.

"Rarity where's the Spider?" Fluttershy asked softly.

Rarity widened her eyes in surprise, how could Fluttershy ask her about the Spider when, it tried to eat her?

"I-Darling...why would ask that silly question?" Rarity asked, her gaze, never leaving the Spider Web that was held in Fluttershy's hoof.

"Because I want to know what happened to it...if you don't mind me asking.." Fluttershy added hastily.

"Darling..you know the Spider could be-" Rarity began but closed her mouth, as she gazed at a large pair of dark green eyes, obviously pleading to her.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" Fluttershy begged.

"Darling..-" Rarity began.

"Please!" Fluttershy interrupted.

"Oh alright..but be warned! This Spider will be the most scariest you have ever seen!" Rarity warned.

Fluttershy blinked and slowly followed her friend into the forest once more, slowly the strong brown tree leaves began to still, the rivers themselves almost seemed quite, the grass was still, until the hooves of the two ponies would brush against them. Slowly a large dark brown tree trunk filled both Rarity's and Fluttershy's view.

A soft gleam of silver filled the two Mare's eyes, Rarity started to shake in fear, Fluttershy slowly placed her hoof on her friends shoulder and offer her a palace to sit, Rarity obliged and sat down on the grassy floor, sighing in relief. Futtershy gulped and slowly lifted herself into the air, the mare blinked and darted her gaze around the tree, only the stillness of the leaves welcomed her, sighing in disappointment Fluttershy slowly let herself down.

"SPIDERRRRRRRRR!!" Rarity screamed pointing her hoof to a small black dot on the tree.

Fluttershy smiled and slowly flew gently to the tree's trunk, lifting her hoof she placed it near the black dot, Fluttershy smiled and nearly laughed when the small creature began to crawl up.

"See Rarity..nothing to be afraid of.." Fluttershy soothed

"B-but Darling! Spiders are Monsters! There creepy! Disgusting! And vile!" Rarity gasped

"But Rarity just look at him! He's just a little cutie!" Fluttershy smiled, offering the little Spider to her friend.

Quick as a flash Rarity sat up and ran out of the clearing screaming, Fluttershy sighed and softly landed and paced her three hooves firmly on the soft grassy ground. Fluttershy lifted her remaining hoof right to her dark green eyes.

"Hello Mister Spider..sorry about Rarity..she doesn't like Spiders.." Fluttershy spoke softly

The little Spider cocked his head, his bright black eyes gazed into Fluttershy's green ones, the Spider's pincers clicked. Fluttershy sighed and sat onto the ground.

"I just don't get it..you are your little brothers and sisters..maybe cousins are always hated!...sorry for shouting!" Fluttershy added hastily.

The Spider shrugged and began to crawl its way to Fluttershy's shoulder, the mare shuddered as she felt the soft hairy legs crawl up on her yellow fur.

"I don't think your kind are Monsters..Discord wasn't a Monster, he just looked different, Luna wasn't a Monster, she was just..angry.." Fluttershy shuddered at the word 'Angry'.

The Spider blinked and sat on Fluttershy's shoulder, his bright black eyes gazing deeply into Fluttershy's drinking in every word she spoke, it almost seemed like The Spider could understand her.

"I just wish Ponies could stop calling you Monster's.." Fluttershy sighed.

The Spider frowned, tapping his large hairy leg in his forehead as he began to think..

Was there a way to persuade Ponies that Spider's aren't Monsters? If so could the yellow mare do it? Could she persuade every pony in Equestria that Spiders are just mistaken?

The Spider clicked his pincers in delight and slowly hopped down the yellow mares shoulder, Fluttershy watched carefully as The Spider began to some-what dance on the ground.

Fluttershy shook her head in confusion, The Spider huffed and crossed two of his eight legs. Fluttershy sighed, The Spider thought, Pinkie Pie shrugged.

Wait Pinkie Pie-

"Pinkie Pie?" Fluttershy gasped.

"Hello Fluttershy! I came around to see why was Rarity screaming!" Pinkie smiled, as she hovered over Fluttershy.

"She was-" Fluttershy began.

"Was it because she was screaming because of a tiny winey spider web was on her mane and horn, and that she was deathly afraid of Spiders like I and everypony in Ponyville is?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I how-" Fluttershy began.

"I gotta go!" Pinkie Pie smiled, disappearing in a flash of pink.

Fluttershy smiled and gazed at The Spider, he was thinking.

"Oh wait I've got to do something first!" Pinkie Pie added, popping up next to The Spider.

Fluttershy cocked her head, Pinkie drew in a large amount of air and...

"SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Pinkie screamed and dashed off, leaving a small trail of dust.

Fluttershy gazed at the dust, she sighed and hanged her head in shame, she couldn't even get Pinkie Pie..Element of Laughter, to love Spiders..

The Spider blinked, with a ding a small light bulb hovered over his head, clicking his pincers in happiness he pressed his main leg onto the floor, quickly he dragged the leg across the floor, Fluttershy led her head and watched The Spider as he dragged his leg across the floor, once finished Fluttershy let out a soft gasp as she gazed at a large set of words..saying..

HELP THEM OVERCOME THEIR FEAR!

The Spider clicked his pincers in happiness, Fluttershy gulped and gazed at The Spider, her dark green eyes sparking in fear and courage.

"It won't be easy Mr. Spider.." Fluttershy began

The Spider shrugged and began to drag his legs across the floor once more, Fluttershy watched as the letters begs to form 'C' 'A' 'L' 'L'. Fluttershy smiled as she gazed at the new sentence, the sentence brought courage in Fluttershy's heart.

CALL ME SILVERSILK...AND WHO SAID IT WON'T BE EASY?

Fluttershy breathed in and lowered her hoof, Silversilk smiled and crawled up Fluttershy's fur once more, the Pegasus smiled and slowly lofted herself from the grassy floor, her dark green eyes shinning with Shyness and Courage.

"Lets go and make Spiders have friends!" Fluttershy smiled.

Silversilk clicked his pincers in delight, his deep black eyes sparking with Hope and Shyness to..

Will the Ponies like Spiders? Or will they hate them more?

Only one way to find out...

Author's Note:

I officially have made this entire story suck beyond suck-level, enjoy this sucky story :moustache:


M.Q