• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 825 Views, 0 Comments

Silver Hooves; Life in Ponyville - FlyinKitsky



A new pony arrives in town, how will she fit in?

  • ...
 0
 825

Chapter 7: She'll never complain about snoring again...

Weeks passed since the events of that afternoon. Life went back to normal, turning into a predictable routine of work and rest for the three of them. Press went back to the Trotter to work on his articles, popping over to Ponyville to visit from time to time. Silver spent most of her time creating new kinds of rhythms and beats for her work, until she was put behind money wise, having to install sound-proofing as some ponies didn’t really appreciate the early morning practise. She couldn’t imagine why. Cherry spent a lot of her time going between friends and work. She’d spend some of her evenings going on picnics with Silv and Pinkie, others finishing work early so she could have a relaxed day the next. Days turned to weeks, and life carried on.

Cherry sighed, trying her hardest to relax for the night. She’d spent the day transporting rubbish from local businesses. It had gone quiet well until her and Bon Bon were attacked by a rather impatient Pegasis. They’d spent most of the day cleaning the mess up, and she was utterly exhausted. Tucking herself into bed, she finally started to relax. Maybe some early rest will help. She closed her eyes and slowly started to drift off.
An hour later she was awoken by a loud noise that resonated throughout the room, shaking both her bed and her.

“Oh for crying out loud!” she yelled, stomping outside to see a group of workers adjusting the house across the street, the loud noise coming from their construction equipment. She walked over impatiently and nudged what seemed to be the leader. “What in the world do you think you’re doing?!”

“Pardon me ma’am?” He said.

“I said, what in the world do you think you’re doing!” She yelled at him.

“Building, what does it look like?” He replied cockily. Cherry’s eye twitched as she started to lose her usual, calm
demeanour.

“I can see that! But why now?!” She replied, distressed.

“Say that again?”

“I sai- oh forget it! I’m going over to Pinkie’s” She sighed, going back and locking her door before walking off toward the Cake household. The worker pony looked on, completely confused and bemused as to what the stranger wanted.

Shrugging, he carried on working.

Cherry walked up to the store and knocked. Mrs. Cake opened the door, before politely letting Cherry in.

“Thank you, Mrs. Cake. I was wondering if I could stay the night with Pinkie, I’m having some... difficulty sleeping at my house” Cherry stated, smiling tiredly.

“Well now, it’s no hassle, I’m sure Pinkie will be happy to have you stay. She’s up in her room right now with Gummy.”
Cherry smiled and walked up to the room, before getting pounced on by the pink blur she was looking for.

“Woohoo! I heard what you said, and we’re gonna have a sleep over party! It’s gonna be great, with balloons and cakes and music and laughter and spooooky stories~” Pinkie laughed, bouncing up and down in her usual manner.

“Actually Pinkie, I-“ Before she could finish she was dragged away and thrown onto a chair with a platter of all sorts of sickeningly sweet delights thrown all over the place, some hitting a rather irritated Cherry. Rolling her eyes, she walked over to Pinkie, who was currently swimming around in a bath with what seemed to be pure cake mix. No wonder she seemed slightly more hyper than usual, if such a thing was even possible. “Look, Pinkie, I am real tired and I just want some rest.”

“But... The party is just starting... Don’t you like it?” Pinkie stopped, looking down with a quivering lip.
“Well yes, but...” Stopping herself, Cherry sighed. There was no choice other than to let Pinkie have her fun first. Maybe it won’t take long.

3 hours later and Pinkie was still bouncing around and partying.

“That’s it! I am going over to Silver’s to get some REST! Maybe she’s asleep, I sure wish I was!” she growled, storming out from a shocked Pinkie.

Cherry almost dragged herself to Silv’s house, knocking weakly on the door. No answer. “Oh come on!” grumbled Cherry, opening the door to a rather large torrent of drumming, walking in and covering her ears, closing the door behind her.

“SILVER!” She shouted as loud as she could. No use. She tried again, her voice cracking, but to no reply. Silv was in the zone, her horn glowing brightly and her eyes closed, concentrating. Cherry sighed, and as she was about to leave, the door bust open for Pinkie to come tumbling to Cherry’s feet.

“I’m sorry Cherry!” She cried, as the noise stopped. A rather shocked Silv walked towards the kneeling Pinkie and a very tired, very angry looking Cherry. Closing the door, she looked at them both and simply said “What?”
“I.... am just trying... to get some stupid... simple... SLEEP!” whined Cherry, collapsing.

“Why didn’t you say so? You can stay here.” Silv said simply, before getting a weak hug.

“Oh oh oh! Can I stay too?” Pinkie asked excitedly. Silv nodded, but Cherry glared at Pinkie. “Oh, and I promise we’ll be quiet and let you sleep Cherry, sorry” She added in a hurry.

They spent the rest of the night chatting quietly, before the three settled down and started to sleep. Cherry closed her eyes, sighing happily. She knew she could count on her friends. Even though they are a pain in the hind at times.