• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 2,645 Views, 101 Comments

The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital - TwistedSkittles



What really happens at Ponvile Hospital? Can you hear the screams coming from the insane? That's not from their craziness, it's from the hospital's as the patients get beaten. So what happens when when Pinkie finds out too much?

  • ...
12
 101
 2,645

Meeting Screw Loose

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville. The birds were chirping, fillies were playing, the sun was shining, a perfect day for a walk. Which is why Pinkie Pie was bouncing happily in the park.

She had just stopped to sniff a flower when she noticed a blue pony in front of her. Her white mane was tangled, and her eyes were bloodshot, yet she was panting happily as a dog would. She was covered in bruises and scars, mostly on her sides and her back.

"Oh, hi there." Pinkie Pie smiled at her. "My names Pinkie Pie. What's yours?"

The pony merely barked happily at her, wagging her tail, ready to play.

"Umm..." Pinkie grabbed the pony's collar and looked at the tag. "Screw Loose." She read.

The pony barked at the sound of her name and licked Pinkie on the cheek.

Pinkie chuckled and wiped the drool off of her. Then she remembered seeing the pony before when Rainbow Dash stole a book from the Ponyville Hospital. "Hey, you're that pony that thinks....." Pinkie trailed off when she realized that pony thought she was a dog. Pinkie smiled at Screw Loose, then went over to a tree and retrieved a tennis ball.

"Hey Screw, do want to play fetching?" Pinkie asked excitedly. The strange mare nodded excitedly and her mouth drooled at the sight of the ball. "Okay! Fetch!" With that Pinkie through the ball, then waited for the pony to come back.

Screw Loose arrived a few seconds later, and dropped the ball before her new friend. She wagged her tail, waiting for the ball to be thrown again.

Pinkie threw the ball, and Screw chased after it. This continued for sometime, as it seemed Screw had eternal energy. Pinkie Pie was getting tired, she felt like ending the game. But everytime she saw Screw's happy face (with a mixture of crazy) she would throw the ball again with a tired smile.

Finally, while Screw Loose was supposed to be retrieving the ball, Pinkie heard a voice from a distance, in the direction that the pony/dog had gone.

"There you are mutt." She heard the voice say. "You got out again."

Pinkie ran over and saw that it had come from Nurse Redheart, who had Screw on a leash and dragging her away. Instead of her happy doggy grin, Screw Loose was growling and pulling fiercly at the leash, trying to get away. She had a muzzle on her.

"Hey Nurse Redheart," Pinkie said as she walked in front of the grumpy nurse. "Can Screw Loose and I finish our game of fetch?"

The nurse frowned angrily at her. "So you think she's a dog too eh? Stay away from her she's dangerous." She replied as walked around Pinkie. The pink zipped in front of her again.

"No she's not, I bet if you loosen that collar and don't pull so hard on that leash, oh and take the muzzle off, I'm sure she would be nicer to you." Pinkie said.

The nurse rolled her eyes and suddenly shoved a Pinkie out of the way.

"Trust me kid, it's a strange world out there. You should be glad you didn't get rabies from this monster." With that the nurse dragged away Screw Loose, who continued to pull at the leash. Pinkie met with her eyes, and saw that the blue ponies were full of. Fear. Screw whined as she was taken away, leaving a confused and sad party pony alone.

.......

Pinkie was now inside the Ponyville's hospital. She rang the bell at the reception desk and waited for somepony to greet her.

It had been a few days since she had seen Screw Loose, and something didn't feel right.

Except for Pinkie herself, the waiting room was empty. The entire hospital was silent, as it was holding its breathe, waiting for its visitor to leave.

There were signs engraved to the wall. They read the usual emergency rooms, and cancer pacients, with arrows pointing to where they were. But there was one sign that Pinkie didn't understand. It was a single arrow pointing right, then it went left. Somepony had tried to scrape it off, unsuccessfully, as if they wanted to hide it.

The hospital building was old, and the princesses had forbidden any pony to take down buildings or sections of one, for they wanted to keep the town just how it was.

"Can I help you miss?" A happy pony said.

Pinkie quickly turned her head away from the sign and looked at the happy worker. She was blonde with blue eyes and a bright, shiny, fake, smile.

"Oh yes. Umm...I'd like to see my friend Screw Loose. I was just wondering if she was doing okay." Pinkie answered.

She thought she saw the blonde pony's smile vanish, but then she was smiling once again.

"I'm afraid we have no Screw Loose here." She said in a fake silly voice.

"But I just saw her a few days ago. She has to be here, there are no other hospitals around here until Fillydelphia." Pinkie frowned at receptionist.

"Sorry, no Screw Loose here." The blonde replied again.

Pinkie narrowed her eyes for a split second, then suddenly smiled. "Heheh, silly me. I must have imagined her. You know me, silly old Pinkie Pie." Pinkie shrugged at her sheepishly. "Sorry about that. Have a nice day!" She called as she walked out of the door.

"You too!" The blonde waved.
......
"But it was so weird. I swear she was real." Pinkie told her friends.

They were all at a picnic in the park, listening to Pinkie as she told them what had happened. She had been walking back and forth anxiously, looking up every now and then to make sure they were listening.

"I don't know Pinkie, I don't remember any 'Screw Loose' or barking pony." Twilight told her.

"That's because you don't know everypony in Ponyville." Pinkie insisted.

"She has a point Twilight," said Rainbow Dash. "But I think I would remember a pony who think she's a dog."

"And why would they just say that she was on a walk or something?" Fluttershy asked.

"Wasn't she on one when ya met 'er?" Applejack added.

Pinkie shook her head. "She escaped from the hospital. She wouldn't let her out again." She explained.

"Maybe you're just imagining things." Twilight said.

"Maybe...." Pinkie said and took a bite of her sandwhich. While the others chattered away, she kept thinking about Screw Loose.

Author's Note:

A slight horror story when Pinkie goes to the hospital.
More to come :)