• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 2,643 Views, 101 Comments

The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital - TwistedSkittles



What really happens at Ponvile Hospital? Can you hear the screams coming from the insane? That's not from their craziness, it's from the hospital's as the patients get beaten. So what happens when when Pinkie finds out too much?

  • ...
12
 101
 2,643

PREVIEW of Mind Twist: The First of the Insane

Suddenly, Mind Twist found herself inside the Ponyville Hospital. She had arrived at the waiting room, which was empty besides her.

Mind Twist looked around and realized she was alone. The bright sun was seeping through the windows, yet something did not feel right.

Where were her parents?

"Hello?" She called. "Helloooo?"

Suddenly a blonde unicorn with blue eyes and a pink coat came in. She looked around for the voice, then saw Mind Twist.

"Ah, Mind Twist, come with me right away." She said in slightly cheerful voice, and without another word, she suddenly turned down a hallway, expecting Mind to follow her.

Mind had to run to keep up, and it wasn't helpful that the unicorn was speed walking. Mind tripped a few times, due to her tiny legs, yet the blonde never looked back.

"Excuse me miss, how d'you know my name?" Mind Twist asked once she had caught up.

The unicorn, who continued to speed walk, answered "Oh I know everypony, sweetheart. It's part of my job."

Mind Twist was not sure of what to make of this strange pony calling her "sweetheart." Only her parents said that. But she had no time, for they had arrived at a hospital room.

"This is one of the emergency rooms." The blonde told her.

"Why did you take me here?" Mind Twist asked. "I'm not sick at all."

The blonde merely smiled a fake smile, then frowned. "I'm afraid I have some terrible news. This room contains your parents."


Update: an awesome sequel to the Wing is in the process
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/136419/the-canterlot-asylum
Thanks to Tomsketchit :)

Author's Note:

Omigosh you guys. I couldn't stand it any longer, so I'm given ya's all a quick preview. And there's the fact that I'm having a bit writer's block so posted this. I'm actually working on the middle of the story, so I have a couple chapters of this done. But I'll post a chapter every day or so, because I'm evil mwhahaha!
Ahem, so this story will be about Mind Twist, her parents, and a few more mysterious things about the Wing. I can't wait. I actually feel like I'm going to do great on this. IT WILL BE EPIC!!

UPDATE: IT'S HERE Y'ALL!!!!!!!!

Comments ( 15 )

Aaand shit gets creepy.

3296469 thanks! it does kind of match doesn't it?:pinkiehappy:

This is what I like about you stories, they are short, good, and there is always more to know. Good Job.

Have you read Asylum by Daemon of Decay yet?

3301875 I haven't yet. I checked it out and found the first chapter interesting. I saved it on my Read Later thing. Thanks for showing me this!!

3306712
Woah, woah, :twilightoops: there's going to be more explanations and connections on this in the upcoming prequels. But yeah, you have a point....thanks for pointing this out. :pinkiesmile:

3434343 3434362 THE :yay:S HAVE BEEN DOUBLED!!

3444389 :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:
yeah, this is a lot shorter compared to Mind Twist: The First of The Insane. Mind Twist has a lot more details......and gore :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy:

Yay I'm not insane after all! :derpyderp2:

My only issue is that I wish it was longer and that there were more insane ponies. Still it is really good and I enjoyed reading it.

4678317
WARNING THIS POST HAS SPOILERS!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Who to say it isn't a sad ending. If you think about the only people with happy endings is Pinkie pie, Derpy and Luna. Screwball, Screw Loose, and Mind Twist are still insane. Screw Loose is still treated as a dog. Mind Twist as far as we know still blames herself for her parent's death (who are still dead). So technically it isn't a happy ending.

For those of you who would like to listen to me read this series feel free to follow this link: HERE!
I post a video for this series every Wednesday. :pinkiecrazy:

Wow! I first joined FIMFiction around the time this story came out. I blew it off because it was incomplete. What a mistake I've made! This was amazing!

This sounds a lot like those stories about mental hospitals before we really knew what we where doing or what mental illness really is. Ya know, those stories about a mental hospital where patients are beaten, abused, and/or treated unfairly. Where practices occured that today is thought of as inhumane. We where an awesome species back then. :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment