• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 1,146 Views, 37 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crisis - Jingle



All of the Cutie Mark Crusaders get there cutie marks, all but Scootaloo. The other Cutie Mark Crusaders are too caught up with their new talents to notice that Scootaloo doesn't have hers. Scootaloo is devastated.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,146

Getting Their Marks

"This is the day we all get our mark!" Apple bloom exclaimed.

"Totally!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Definantly!" Scootaloo agreed.

"Ya," Babs said.

Babs was in town and staying with Apple Bloom.

"We'll let's go!" Apple Bloom said.

The four fillies were going to see a gypsy who would tell them what their talent was. Babs, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom ran into town and found the gypsy's shop. They went inside and found the gypsy sitting at a table looking at a crystal ball. The gypsy was a tall, black, and white mare with a long flowing mane. She was gazing into a crystal ball that was filling with curls of smoke, sitting on a stand of pure gold.

"Um, hi," Babs said to the gypsy, who seemed unaware that the four fillies had entered.

"Sit to have your talent seen in the mystical crystal ball," the gypsy said, a powerful tone to her voice.

"I'll go first," Babs said, sitting down in the chair across from the gypsy.

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom all rushed behind Babs. They crowded around her, waiting to see what Babs special talent was.

"I see, you. You are an actress, acting in a very successful movie," the gypsy confirmed.

"Not bad," Babs said, looking satisfied.

"Me next! Me next!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, rushing to the chair as soon as Babs got up. "See anything yet?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"No, the crystal ball must activate first," the gypsy said, staring into the ball.

"Oh, ok. How about now?" Sweetie Belle asked. She squirmed around in the seat, being very impatient.

"No, give me some time," the gypsy said, her voice booming.

"Ok," Sweetie Belle whispered.

"Ok, young filly. Your talent is singing, but not professionally," the gypsy said, with a small sigh of relif.

Sweetie Belle jumped out of the seat with a huge smile on her face. Sweetie Brlle couldn't believe her talent was singing, she loved singing.

"I guess I'll go next," Apple Bloom said, getting into the chair. In the background, she could hear Sweetie Belle and Babs Seed chatting about what their cutie marks will look like.

"Ah, my dear filly. Your special talent is working the apple farm," the gypsy told Apple Bloom, though Apple Bloom already sort of expected that as her talent since almost everypony in her family has an apple cutie mark.

"Yeah! My turn!" Scootaloo said, flapping her tiny wing. Scootaloo jumped into the chair.

"Filly, your talent is blurry and unclear. For your talent you must search here," the gypsy said softly, pointing to Scootaloo's heart.

Scootaloo hopped off the chair, disappointed and discouraged. While the other three Cutie Mark Crusaders talked about their talents, she just walked behind them with her head down.

"Oh come on Scoot, cheer up, I'm sure you'll find your talent," Apple Bloom called.

"No I won't," Scootaloo muttered.

"Alright then," Apple Bloom said.

"Oh, oh, oh! We should watch each other get out marks!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"That's a great idea!" Babs said.

"Me first!" Apple Bloom shouted.

All the Cutie Mark Crusaders went to Sweet Apple acres first to watch Apple Bloom get her cutie mark. When they got there, the three fillies stood back and kept their eyes on Apple Bloom.

"So, that gypsy said my talent was working the apple farm. I'm just gonna start bucking apples and see if I get my mark," Apple Bloom said.

Apple Bloom stood up on her front legs and kicked her back legs into an apple tree. All the apples from that tree rained down into the preset buckets. Apple Bloom repeated the process many times while Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Babs watched her. Apple Bloom kicked one more tree, about to give up, when suddenly Sweetie Belle started screaming.

"What is it?" Apple Bloom asked, worry in her tone.

"You got your cutie mark!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

Apple Bloom gasped with joy and craned her neck around to see her new cutie mark. Her cutie mark was a big, budding apple tree.

"That sure does look good on you cous," Babs said, staring at her cousins cutie mark.

"Me next!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders ran up to their club house, talking and laughing, with Scootaloo trailing behind.

"Let's here that awesome singing!" Apple Bloom said ecstaticly.

"Alright," Sweetie Belle said, some shyness creeping into her tone.

Sweetie Belle started singing their Cutie Mark Crusaders theme song. She sung threw the first verse and the chorus, still nothing. She kept singing and went threw the second verse, still nothing. When she got to the chorus the second time, Apple Bloom shouted.

"Cutie Mark!" Apple Bloom shouted, so excited that all her friends were going to get their cutie marks.

"Oh My Gosh!" Sweetie Belle shouted, looking back at her cutie mark. It was a black staff with pretty pink music notes. Sweetie Belle stared at her cutie mark, overjoyed.

"Let's go get my mark now!" Babs said.

"Stay here." Apple Bloom said.

Apple Bloom cantered up to the barn. She trotted up the stairs and grabbed her little video camera. Apple Bloom cantered back down the stairs and all the way back to their clubhouse.

"I... Got... It..." Apple Bloom said, breathing heavily.

Babs started laughing, then set the video camera up on the window sill so it could record her acting. Babs started reenacting the Daring Do movies. By the second movie, Babs discovered she got her cutie mark. Babs looked back at her cutie mark to find a big stage with red curtains.

Scootaloo slipped out the door, not wanting to hear all about how great it was to have a cutie mark. While the rest of the Crusaders talked, Scootaloo ran to find Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo knew she could help.