• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 2,155 Views, 130 Comments

My Little Pony Rangers: Morphin' is Magic - Lance Skyes



The tale of the Pony Rangers continues as the spirit of chaos decends upon Equestria.

  • ...
9
 130
 2,155

Moving In

前回、マイ·リトル·ポニーレンジャーズに (Last time, on My Little Pony Rangers...)

Before the recap could continue, a grey unicorn colt with a bright green mane galloped into the room where the green pegasus colt was typing on his laptop. “What are you doing, Rei?” the unicorn colt asked.

“What do you mean, Slen?” the pegasus asked in reply. “I do recaps, now. Recaps are cool. Besides, I’ve learned alot from Xanderman1201, and I think it would be a good idea to follow in his hoofsteps down some paths.”

“I understand that, but I don’t think you should do that in every episode, just in two-parters, which there are going to be a lot of in this season.”

“Shh! Don’t give any spoilers!”

“Saying that there’s going to be a lot of two-parters in this season isn’t a spoiler. Saying that only one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is going to become a Ranger instead of all three like you’ve led everypony to believe is a spoiler.”

“Celest-darnit, Slen! Why do I even tell you these things if I know you’re just going to tell everypony else at the first opportunity that presents itself?”

“Hay, at least I didn’t say that Derpy-”

“ENOUGH! THIS IS NOT YOUR FIC SO LEAVE! BEGONE WITH THEE!”

“Jeez, take some anger management classes, will ya?” With that, Slen turned and trotted off.

Rei breathed a sigh of relief before turning back to his laptop. “Glad that’s done and over with. I sure hope that wasn’t too confusing to my readers.” The young pegasus then resumed typing his fic.

Twilight Sparkle trotted into the computer room in Canterlot, whistling a happy tune to herself. It was a pleasant morning and Princess Celestia allowed her to sleep in, which was a first. When the unicorn entered the room, however, Celestia and Luna were standing there, waiting for her. “What are you two doing here?” Twilight asked, quickly bowing to avoid any show of disrespect. “Is there something wrong?”

“Actually, far from it, my student,” Celestia said. “Luna and I have some exciting news.”

“Exciting news? Have you found a way for me to become a Pony Ranger again?” Twilight smiled very brightly, her eyes grew wide with anticipation, her ears perked up very high, and she even let out a squee.

“Actually... no,” Luna said, reluctant to be the bearer of bad news for the second chapter in a row. As though faster than a pony could blink, Twilight’s expression completely flipped from excitement to near depression. “However, this news is no call for thee to become depressed.”

“We’ve decided that, with Luna and I both back here in Canterlot, you and Spike don’t need to be here in Canterlot.”

“So you get your sister back and the team goes down one Ranger and you decide to totally cut off your faithful student and her pe- I mean, companion baby dragon?” Twilight asked.

“No, my student. Whatever would hint at such a notion?”

“I dunno. I guess it was just your choice of words. Anyway, were you going to continue?”

“Yes. Now, we were initially planning on giving this news while you were still a Ranger, but it would seem Discord had other plans. Still, Luna and I have decided that, in order to strengthen your budding friendships with the others, you and Spike should move to Ponyville so that you can assist the Rangers more directly.”

“Move to Ponyville?” Twilight asked, excited disbelief in her voice. “Are you serious?”

“Of course we are. Spike was informed earlier this morning and began packing some of your stuff. The Rangers have been informed as well, and they were generous enough to fix up the library in which you’ll be living.”

“I get to stay in a library?” Twilight’s voice quickly went from disbelief to sheer disbelief and excitement mixed in a pot of boiling water. (Yeah, that “boiling water” part is confusing for me, too. I think it has something to do with “all the emotions stirring around until they hit their boiling point” or something.)

“Yes. As well, there is a small cave beneath that library in which there are computers and lab equipment connected to the Canterlot computers for you to resume your work.”

“Oh, thank you so much, Princess Celestia.”

“We helped in thine arrangement,” Luna said.

“Oh, yeah. Thanks to you, too, Princess Luna.”

“Now you’d better start getting ready,” Celestia said. “Pinkie Pie was planning on throwing a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party for you later this afternoon, so you’d better not be late.”

“Thanks for the advice, Princess.” Twilight then turned around and began galloping to her room to help Spike with the packing.

Meanwhile on the moon base, Discord was just settling in with Nightmare’s old minions. “Ah, the beds here are incredibly uncomfortable!” the draconequus complained as he walked into the main room that morning. “How do any of you get to sleep around here?”

“Well that certainly wasn’t the first complaint the Great and Powerful Trixie was expecting out of Discord,” Trixie said more to herself rather than to Gilda, who she was currently playing Go Fish with.

“Were you expecting more complaints, Trixie?” Discord asked, walking by. “Because I do have a significantly long list of them. But before I get to that, I want to talk to everypony. Come now, my minions.” Discord then snapped his fingers and in four flashes of light, Trixie, Gilda, Zecora, and Alan were standing before the draconequus at the center of the room.

“What in Equestria is the meaning of this?” Zecora asked. “I was busy enjoying my morning of bliss.”

“I’m sure you were, Zecora, but this moon base is under new management, and you don’t relax until I say so. Got it? Good. Now, let’s get to our new objective. As you may have seen, the Pony Rangers nearly defeated me a few days ago.”

“Yeah,” Gilda said. “Now that was embarrassing.”

“Silence, griffon!” Discord snapped his fingers and a piece of duct tape suddenly appeared over Gilda’s beak. “Now, as I was saying, the only way that I’ll be able to recover the rest of my power is if you four go down there and cause some chaos and misery in my absence. The chaos and misery produced by the civilians of Ponyville will feed my power like almost every other generic Power Rangers villain.”

“And what of the Pony Rangers?” Trixie asked. “As much as the Great and Powerful Trixie hates to admit it, the Pony Rangers have proven to be more than a match for each of us time and time again.”

“Oh, you let me worry about the Pony Rangers.” Discord then let out a maniacal laugh like he knew something his new minions didn’t. “Now, you, manticore, step forward.”

“Me?” Alan asked. “You know I have a name, right?”

“I said step forward.” Discord then snapped his fingers and Alan was teleported a few feet forward, as well as a few feet off the ground. He hit the ground before Discord with a loud thud. “Better. Now, I want you to go down there and cause chaos in Ponyville. I don’t care how you do it or how many Putty Ponies you need, but if I am ever to recover my power, we must begin immediately.” There was a short silence after Discord finished in which everypony just looked around the room at each other. “I thought I told you we must begin immediately!” Upon Discord’s shouting, all four of the minions quickly jumped up and began running around the room in startled confusion, occasionally bumping into each other. Discord then facepalmed, sighed to himself and said, “This may take a while...”

Meanwhile down in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle and Spike were just then arriving by train. All of their friends had been waiting eagerly at the platform for the past half hour, so one could easily guess how excited they were when the train finally arrived. Hardly giving Twilight a chance to step onto the platform, Rainbow Dash immediately rushed up and gave Twilight a rather painful hug. “We’re so glad you’re finally here!” the prismatic pegasus shouted as she hugged/strangled her friend.

“I’m... glad... too...” Twilight managed to choke out. “Can you... stop strangling me... for once in our lives?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” Dash said as she let Twilight go and stepped back. “Uh... how about we take some of those bags off your hooves?”

“That would be nice,” Spike said before Twilight could reply. “Twilight would have made me carry a lot of them, anyway.”

“That’s not true,” Twilight said. “That’s just a common idea that a small part of the fandom came up with for some reason. Probably the same part of the fandom where HotDiggedyDemon and the guy who wrote Cupcakes are from.”

“Oh come on,” Rainbow Dash said. “HotDiggedyDemon isn’t that bad.”

“You’re only saying that because he made you the hero in the PONY.MOV finale,” Rarity commented.

“Well, yeah, but... It’s not important. Let’s just help Twilight get her bags to the library.”

Twilight didn’t really have that many bags that she brought from Canterlot. She and Spike would have been able to carry them all easily. However, Dash insisted that she and the others help anyway. During the trip to the library, Twilight couldn’t help but think that maybe Rainbow Dash was doing this because she felt sorry for her losing her Ranger powers during their first battle with Discord.

“We’re here,” Rainbow Dash said as the six ponies and baby dragon got to the library. For some reason, Twilight was expecting something a little more... She wasn’t sure what she was expecting, actually. Quite frankly, though, she would have thought she’d have been told if the library she was going to live in was a tree.

“Wow...” Twilight said as she looked at the tree/library.

“And you haven’t even seen the inside of it,” Rarity said. “It was all shabby and dirty not even a single day ago, but we all pitched in to clean it up for you and I think the end result will be pretty nice for you.”

“I believe you,” Twilight said, trotting up to the door. When she opened the door, her eyes instantly lit up as she saw how many books there were on so many different subjects. “Oh my... this is... there are no words!”

“Uh...” Rainbow Dash said. She knew Twilight was an egghead and would be happy about all the books, but she didn’t quite expect this kind of reaction. In Dash’s opinion, it just caused the chapter to go off on a tangent and practically stop the whole thing dead.

Twilight was quickly snapped back to reality when she heard Rainbow Dash’s voice. “Oh, right,” Twilight said. “Uh, thanks for cleaning the place for me. You really didn’t have to, though.” Twilight paused for a moment to tap her horn with her hoof. “Just like with the bags, Spike and I probably could have taken care in no time.”

“And just like with the bags, it was our pleasure,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Besides, what kind of friends would we be if we didn’t do this for you?”

Twilight was still sure that Rainbow Dash was doing this because she felt sorry for her, but Twilight was starting to get the sense that it was also out of guilt. Why Rainbow Dash would feel guilty or how Twilight even got that feeling she may never know, but she was uncomfortable accepting the extra favors nonetheless. Of course, stubborn as Rainbow Dash was, Twilight knew it would be no use trying to say anything, so she just nodded her head and went back to admiring the books.

“And this ain’t it,” Applejack said. “The Princesses installed some computers ‘n stuff downstairs with the help of Fluttershy’s freaky knowledge of machinery.”

Fluttershy, blushing a little from Applejack’s compliment, paused for a moment before speaking up. “Do you want to see it, Twilight?”

“Sure,” Twilight said.

After a while, Fluttershy had led the other ponies and Spike down to a small cave beneath the library. In the cave was a variety of machines and computers. There were so many of them, in fact, that one could have mistaken it for the computer room in Canterlot if not for the cave walls and floor. “Do you like it?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course I do, Fluttershy,” Twilight replied. “You obviously worked very hard on this to make it look almost exactly like the computer room back in Canterlot, and I am far from disappointed in the results.”

Spike wasted no time running up to one of the consoles and powering it on. “This is perfect, Fluttershy,” he said while waiting for the computer to load. “With these in place, no doubt Twilight and I will be able to help you five respond to attacks faster.”

“And not only that,” Twilight added, “but with that library upstairs combined with the technology down here, who knows how much more studying and developing I’ll be able to get done for you five.” Twilight then turned to the computer Spike had powered on, but the loading bar was still only about half full. “Uh, Fluttershy, can we expect this to happen often?”

“You shouldn’t,” Fluttershy replied. “I think this is only a one-time startup thing. Give it another couple of minutes.”

After about five hours, (actually only five minutes) the computer had finally finished loading and Twilight wasted no time trying to figure out how to contact Celestia and Luna in Canterlot. Fortunately, she was able to sort through all of the computer’s programs quickly using her magic, so she found the “Hangouts Call” extension on Google Chrome quickly. “Wow,” Twilight said. “This computer is already pre-loaded with Chrome? Thanks, Fluttershy.” Twilight then turned and called Celestia and Luna.

“Hello, my student,” Celestia said when she finally answered Twilight’s Hangout invite. Luna was standing next to to her older sister and seemed just as happy as her older sister to see Twilight once again. “I see you’re made it to Ponyville safe and sound. How are you settling in?”

Just as Princess Celestia asked this, several alarms went off at another computer Spike had just powered on. “Discord’s launched an attack!” the baby dragon shouted.

“Eh, I’m not settling in too well, Princess,” Twilight said.

“Don’t worry about it, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash said. “We’ll take care of Discord’s attack. You just finish setting things up around here.”

“Okay...” Twilight said, still kind of sad about how many times she keeps getting reminded that she lost her powers. “You five take care of things. Spike and I will be here, doing... nothing.” Twilight sighed before saying that word, earning her one of Rainbow Dash’s hooves around her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash said, “I know you must feel useless, but you still have a role in the Pony Rangers.”

“Yeah, but I don’t have one when the battle starts.” Twilight then turned to her computer and tried to identify the nature of Discord’s attack. “It’s our old pal Alan, again. He’s in the market with a bunch of Putty Ponies.”

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash said. “Let’s move, Rangers.” She and the other four then galloped back upstairs and out of the library towards the market, leaving Twilight and Spike in the computer room.

“Don’t worry about a thing, Twilight,” Spike said. “Just look at me. I’ve never had to do any fighting and you don’t see me complaining.”

“That’s because you’ve never been a Ranger, Spike,” Twilight replied. “You don’t know what it’s like to be able to help ponies when crisis strikes.” Twilight then turned back and trotted back upstairs. “Keep an eye on the computers, Spike.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to go study. With all those books up there, there’s sure to be something to help me get my powers back, if not take my mind off of it.” Twilight then left the room, leaving Spike to monitor the computers.

On the surface in the market, ponies were galloping left and right to try to get away from Alan the manticore and the Putty Ponies. “Ha, run you pathetic ponies,” Alan said. “Run and scream in terror so that my master can feed off of your misery and chaos!”

“That’s far enough, manticore!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she and the other Rangers galloped in.

“For the love of Nightmare! Has nopony read the last chapter of the first season in which I told everypony my name? Honestly, it’s not like I’m The Doctor or something.”

“Uh... I don’t think I read that chapter, actually,” Rainbow Dash said. She then turned to her friends. “Did any of you read that chapter?”

“I don’t think I read any of season 1,” Fluttershy admitted. “Those first five chapters really killed it for me, even with that rewrite of chapter 1.”

“Yeah,” Pinkie said. “agent_cupcakes could have afforded to rewrite those other four chapters, couldn’t he?”

“No I couldn’t, guys,” Rei the pegasus said from behind a nearby bush. “I didn’t have any time to spare.”

“You had a whole summer,” Rarity said. “Couldn’t you have at least-”

“No I couldn’t! Stop complaining and get to the action scene that everypony is expecting already!”

“Alright, fine,” Rainbow Dash said. As Rei disappeared back behind the bush, the Rangers turned back to Alan. “Now that that moment of breaching the fourth wall is over...” Dash and the other Rangers then pulled out their Elements of Harmony. “IT’S MORPHIN’ TIME!”

“ELEMENT OF HONESTY!”

“ELEMENT OF KINDNESS!”

“ELEMENT OF LAUGHTER!”

“ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY!”

“ELEMENT OF LOYALTY!”

“Harmony Force, Ranger Blue!”

“Harmony Force, Ranger Yellow!”

“Harmony Force, Ranger Pink!”

“Harmony Force, Ranger Black!:

“Harmony Force, Ranger Red!”

“From all of us together, we fight as one! We protect one another until the battle is done! PONY RANGERS: HARMONY FORCE!”

“Need I remind you Rangers that I defeated all five of you last time we met?” Alan asked.

“Need I remind you that I tied ya up like a calf in a neat little bow last time we met?” Applejack asked.

“That was because Nightmare Moon had taken a sizable portion of each of our powers to be sure she would be able to defeat you on her own. Even with our decreased powers, it was Trixie’s idea for the four of us to go with Nightmare.”

“That would explain why we totally kicked y’all’s flanks at the Gala,” Applejack said.

“But that doesn’t matter now,” Alan said. “Now I’m back to full power, and I’m ready to crush you five as I did in our second encounter. There’s no Green Ranger to save your flanks this time around. PUTTIES, ASSEMBLE!” Upon command, a group of about 20 Putty Ponies gathered in front of the Rangers.

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment about what Alan had said before responding. “You’re wrong, Alan,” she finally said. “The Green Ranger might be gone, but Twilight Sparkle is still here, still able to help us, even if she isn’t a Ranger anymore. DRAW, WEAPONS OF HARMONY!”

Upon this command, she and the others drew their Weapons. Applejack drew her Harmony Lance, Fluttershy her Harmony Daggers, Pinkie Pie her Harmony Bow, Rarity her Harmony Axe, and Rainbow Dash her Harmony Sword. “You’re in for it now, Alan,” Rainbow Dash said, aiming her sword at the manticore.

“Those don’t scare me,” Alan replied. “PUTTES, ATTACK!” The Putty Ponies then began charging at the Rangers. The Rangers then charged back at the Putties.

While this battle was taking place, Twilight had walked back into the computer room as Spike was watching the battle from his screen. “Looks like the battle started,” Twilight said, sighing.

“Twilight,” Spike said, “you shouldn’t be so glum. Look at how the battle is going. I don’t think they’d be doing this well if it weren’t for you.”

“What are you saying, Spike?”

“I’m saying that the Weapons of Harmony you created for them are helping them defeat the Putty Ponies and giving them a fighting chance against the manticore.”

“I know that. But it’s not like I’m giving them any help now.”

“But you are giving them help now. If it weren’t for you, the Rangers might not even be around to be saving Equestria. You’ve helped them without your Ranger powers before, you’ve helped them get here with your Ranger powers, and now you’ve given them a shot at victory without your Ranger powers. You’re an important part of their team no matter what. You’re never useless, you’re never without purpose, and you never have any reason to feel any differently.”

Twilight was silent for a minute before she finally looked up at her baby dragon companion and smiled. “Your out of character inspirational speeches are getting out of hand, but they’re still always just what I need.” Twilight then pat Spike’s head with her hoof and smiled. “You always know just what to say to get me out of the dumps.”

“That’s what I’m here for, Twilight.” Twilight then hugged Spike and breathed a sigh of relief.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you, Spike.”

Back in Ponyville, the Rangers had just finished off the Putty Ponies and were going for Alan. “You’re going down this time, Alan,” Rainbow Dash shouted, charging forward towards the manticore.

“You ponies don’t scare me!” Alan shouted back, also charging forward.

Rainbow Dash quickly flew right past Alan, not even bothering to strike him. Alan quickly skidded to a stop out of confusion, leaving him completely open to a rain of arrows from Pinkie’s Harmony Bow. These blasts knocked him off balance, allowing Rarity to come in close and give him a powerful smash with her Harmony Axe. He stumbled back from the attack, allowing Applejack and Fluttershy to get in close and deal a four-in-one strike with their weapons, which knocked Alan into the air. Rainbow Dash took advantage of the damaged manticore being airborne and moved in to deliver about five powerful strikes with her sword, finishing the combo with a powerful downward strike that sent Alan crashing into the ground.

“Given up yet, Alan?” Rainbow Dash asked as she landed in front of her fellow Rangers. “If not, let us take care of that for you. FORM, ELEMENTAL CANNON!”

In five flashes of light, the Rangers cast their weapons to the sky, the five of which began repositioning and combining themselves as mentioned in the previous chapter until they all descended back into the hooves of the Rangers as the Elemental Cannon.

“Oh, something tells me I’m in trouble,” Alan said, taking a step back.

“POWER OF HARMONY! SPECTRUM STAMPEDE, FIRE!” In a brilliant flash of multicolored light, the arrow the Cannon was loaded with glowed and fired right at Alan, leaving behind a trail not dissimilar to the one left behind when Rainbow Dash performs a Sonic Rainboom.

“This can’t be!” Alan shouted as the arrow hit him, causing brilliant flashes of light and crackles of energy. “You Rangers can’t defeat me!” Alan then began falling to the ground in slow motion. “I’m the strongest creature in Equestriaaaaaaaaaa!” Alan then hit the ground and exploded in a brilliant ball of fire.

“I really should have seen this coming,” Discord said to himself. He then rolled his eyes, snapped his finger, and said with a lot of boredom in his voice, “Power of the moon, make manticore grow, yadda yadda yadda, JUST DESTROY THE RANGERS FOR ONCE, WILL YOU?”

Back in Equestria, there was a brilliant flash of white light where Alan fell and suddenly the Rangers were faced with a 30-story tall version of the adversary they had just defeated.

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash called into her comm. “We need the zords!”

“On their way,” Twilight replied, any depression that was in her voice last time she spoke to Rainbow Dash gone.

“What’s got you out of the dumps, Twi?” Applejack asked.

“Nothing in particular. Hay, don’t you need to defeat an oversized manticore or something?”

“Oh, right,” Rainbow Dash said. Just then, the Dinozords stampeded into the battlefield. “Let’s go, Rangers!” The five Rangers then teleported into their respective zords in five flashes of light.

“Blue Ranger, ready for battle,” Applejack said from her Triceratops zord.

“Yellow Ranger, nervous but ready,” Fluttershy said from her Sabre-Tooth Tiger zord.

“Pink Ranger, ready to have some fun!” Pinkie said from her Pterodactyl zord.

“Black Ranger, kind of wishing she had taken the time to redesign her zord,” Rarity said from her Mastodon zord.

“Red Ranger, ready for some action,” Rainbow Dash said from her Tyrannozord. “Alright, Harmony Rangers, ready to send this guy back to whichever circle of Tartarus he came from?”

“YEAH!” the other Rangers shouted in unison.

“Then let’s not waste any time. HARMONY MEGAZORD, FORM!” Rainbow Dash then slammed a button on her console, the other four Rangers doing the same thing in their own zords. Before Rainbow Dash could react, however, her console began glowing a lavender color.

“I might not be there with you in person,” Twilight’s voice said from the comm, “but that doesn’t mean I can’t help you at all. I’m casting the Flash Formation spell for you.”

“Thanks Twilight,” Rainbow Dash said. “Everypony heard that?”

“We got it,” Applejack said, speaking for the rest of the Rangers as well.

“Then let’s get started. FLASH FORMATION, GO!”

In ten seconds flat, the Rangers went from five zords to one Megazord that stood a little taller than Alan. The Megazord then drew its Power Sword and aimed it at Alan.

“Is that supposed to scare me?” Alan asked with a growl.

“No,” Rainbow Dash replied. “It’s supposed to defeat you.”

“Well, then, that’s a failure in both fields!” Alan then charged forward at the Megazord to strike it with his claw. However, the Rangers reacted faster than Alan could attack and were able to dodge the attack. They then replied with a strike with their own Power Sword. This attack knocked Alan onto his back and land on an abandoned warehouse. (Seriously, why do they keep rebuilding those if they (the ponies) knew they (the warehouses) were going to get demolished. It’s like the cabbage merchant from Avatar.) Alan got up slowly, but he was unable to defend himself from another strike from the Megazord’s sword.

“Wow,” Rainbow Dash said. “We are... really powerful today.”

“Must be the extra stuff Twilight and I made for us,” Rarity said. “I figured they’d give us an edge, but this is amazing.”

“Yeah...” Rainbow Dash said to himself. “Twilight did give us an edge...”

“So did I,” Rarity said. Her comment was ignored by Rainbow Dash, however.

“Alright, Rangers,” Rainbow Dash said, ignoring Rarity’s comment. “Let’s finish this guy! POWER SWORD, CHARGE!” The Megazord then raised its sword to the sky, charging it with five bolts of multi-colored lightning.

“Oh come on!” Alan shouted. “This just isn’t my day, is it?”

“SPECTRUM SWORD, FINAL STRIKE!” The Rangers shouted in unison. The Megazord then brought down its sword, striking Alan with incredible power.

“How can this be?” Alan shouted as he cackled with energy. “I have been defeated by a bunch of ponies? Oh great, now I’m talking like Zecora. You know what? I think I’m better off this wayyyyyy!” Alan then fell to the ground and erupted in a massive and brilliant explosion.

In the cockpit of the Megazord, the Rangers were cheering and celebrating, but Rainbow Dash remained calm as she did the catch phrase bit that hadn’t been heard for a few chapters. “My little ponies, victory is ours.”

Back on the moon base, Trixie was watching Discord expectantly as he filed his talons. “The Great and Powerful Trixie is confused,” she said. “Are you not going to resurrect Alan?”

“Huh?” Discord asked, making it that much more evident that he wasn’t paying attention to what Trixie was saying. “Oh, right, Alan. Yes, terrible business, that is. Poor guy was once the Rangers’ superior. Now look at him.”

Trixie paused for a moment before responding, “Trixie is still confused. She was asking if you were going to resurrect him.”

“Resurrect him?” Discord then burst out laughing. “Oh you crack me up, Trixie.” Discord’s voice then went from joyful to serious. “I’m done with all that. I’m putting a new plan in motion. It’s out with the old and in with the new... and the same goes for the Pony Rangers.”

“But that isn’t fair!” Trixie shouted. “Well, at least it isn’t fair for Alan. He was not informed of this change of events.”

Discord sighed before responding. “I suppose that’s true.” He then snapped his finger and Alan appeared at the center of the room, alive and well. “Okay, Alan. No more resurrecting, out with the old and in with the new, all that good stuff. Long story short, no more second chances.” Discord then walked out of the room before Alan could respond. “I have more important plans to put into motion...”

Back under the library, the Rangers were all gathered around Twilight and Spike. On the screen was Princess Celestia, apparently not accompanied by Princess Luna for once. “So I take it the battle went well,” Celestia said.

“It did go well,” Rainbow Dash said. “But I think things worked out a little better here at the library.”

“That’s right,” Twilight said. “I think I’ve finally come to terms with losing my Ranger powers. I, as well as Rainbow Dash I hope, now understand that what happened was unavoidable. Now I just have to understand that I can still work with the Rangers, just not how I could in the past.” Twilight then turned to Rainbow Dash and smiled. “But it doesn’t mean my contribution is of any less value.”

“Looks like both of you learned a valuable lesson,” Princess Celestia said. “Now that you have learned this lesson, I’m sure you can all advance in your respective skills in order to defeat Discord.”

“You’re right, Princess,” Twilight said. “We can defeat Discord... together.”

Rainbow Dash nodded and put her hoof out in the middle of the group. “From all of us together, we fight as one.”

The other five then put their hooves on Rainbow Dash’s. “We protect one another until the battle is done!” they all shouted in unison.

“Hang on, girls,” Pinkie said. “Are we seriously going to end every chapter this season like this?”

“I guess,” Rainbow Dash said. “At least every episode in which we learn a lesson or something like that.”

“Actually, Pinkie,” Rei the pegasus said, popping up from behind a computer, “you bring up a good point. I should be a little more careful with that sort of thing. Thanks.” Rei then disappeared back behind the computer, leaving the six ponies and one baby dragon to just shrug and shake their heads.

Next time...

“Our plan is ready for execution, but are you sure it is really our solution?”

“All we need now for our little experiment is three unsuspecting ponies.”

“You can seriously give us our cutie marks?”

“So you two mean to say that all three of our little sisters are missing?”

“WE ARE THE PONY RANGERS: CHAOS FORCE!”

“Did you miss me, Dashie?”

次回、 「Deception, Greed, and Betrayal」 あ楽しみに![Next time, “Deception, Greed, and Betrayal (Chaos Rangers part 1)” Enjoy!]

Author's Note:

Okay, that filler chapter is done and overwith. Good thing, too. It took me weeks to write because it had almost no meaning to the story and it took forever for me to get to the action scene. I sure hope it didn't put you to sleep as many times as it did to me. Trust me, the next chapter will pick up, and you can already tell if you know who's saying that last quote in the teaser...

By the way, bowling is starting next week, so that means no more wednesday updates. Sorry, but it's back to full-week waits between chapters. :raritycry: