• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 589 Views, 10 Comments

A Runaway's Letter - Inspiration



The mother of a colt and the father of a filly find out that their children ran away through letters. and that's all they will ever get.

  • ...
1
 10
 589

A break-in letter

Dear Mom,

I broke in. You aren't getting me back. I needed some food. Fridge is empty, by the way. Despite the hunger, I have it good. Living it up wherever I am. Loving who I'm with. I just hope that you feel the opposite.

Have you learned anything yet? I bet you haven't. I bet you've just been angrier than ever. Losing your little colt, losing your food, losing money. Do you want to know why you keep losing? The answer is simple. You're a loser. A pathetic, whiny, drunken, violent, loud, obnoxious loser.

Would you like to know who I'm living with? Another runaway. Spark Ember. She looks kind of like that one filly from school, Phoenix Fire. But I digress. We built a small shack, I stole the right furnature, she hooked up the appliances and electricity, and we have it good. We sing to everypony, and they give us bits in return. 500 bits in a week since we started. I'm too young to have a job, but I'm doing better than you. I wonder why.

I might make this a regular thing. Letters every few days. Reminding you of your mistakes. It makes me happy. For once. And I hope it makes you miserable. I truly do. I hope you reevaluate your life, your choices.

And here's a hint for you: want to start to get me back? First step is easy. It's a liquid. It's used as a depressant. It's abused. It's addicting. And it's something you should stop using. Can you guess what it is? No? Does your unfinished education prevent you from understanding this? It's this: stop drinking.

Bye for now,

Sprint Jumps