• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 589 Views, 10 Comments

A Runaway's Letter - Inspiration



The mother of a colt and the father of a filly find out that their children ran away through letters. and that's all they will ever get.

  • ...
1
 10
 589

A Letter

Dear Mom,

I'm sick of it. Of the yelling, the hitting. You need to learn. You're always telling me to learn everything I can, but you don't follow your own advice. You have to think about what you're doing during your little "lessons" before you do them. It isn't hard to do. It just takes thought.

Think of the yelling. I can't stand yelling at anypony. Do you want to know why? It's because I don't want to make anypony feel the way you make me feel when you're yelling. I feel horrible. I don't want ponies to cry. I want you to realize this. Think back.

And, do you want to know why I can never seem to hear what you say to me? It's because I'm half-deaf from you yelling into my ear all the time. I can barely hear myself think in an empty room because of you. Do you want that? Do you want me deaf?

Now, let's get to the hitting. Because of you, I hate fighting, hitting, or anything of the sort. I can't throw a punch, I can't stand being hit without wincing, et cetera. Is this why you hit me? I don't like hitting, so you hit me? Seems like wonderful parenting. I know what I'll do when I have kids of my own.

But, and I quote, "If you don't stop being such a little foal, you'll never have a special somepony. You'll spend the rest of your life alone." And with the constant bruises and injuries you give, it might be that way. So please, keep what you're doing. Make the dream come true.

I hope that when you read this, you die a little on the inside. I hope you break from the thought of your "stupid little foal" being all alone in the streets. So you can begin to know my pain.

Forevermore nevermore,

Sprint Jumps