• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,604 Views, 30 Comments

Why was I so lucky? Because magic - Artyom the Brony



Follow Etrius, an unfortunate soldier, as he continues an awkward life in Equestria!

  • ...
5
 30
 1,604

God complex

I was at the phone when Griffin spoke up.

“Wait… should we call someone?” He asked

“What do you mean?” I countered

“Well… if we called them and said everything truthfully, then the would think we were insane. Then they find out it’s real and the government does some crazy junk, and who would we even call! I MEAN! WHAT ARE WE-”

I placed a hand over his mouth and waited for him to realize he wasn’t making any noise.

“Chill. So what do you suggest we do?”

“Uhhh… I dunno… One of us can watch while the other messes around with stuff. Like, is this still our show but possessed or whatever,”

“I call messing around with stuff,”

“But… watching is lazy,”

“I know. Now sit down and pay extra attention to… stuff… I dunno. Watch,” I said, walking around to our computer set up. Everything was running, but it was like a machine with no hint of writers block was animating the show.

“Well then. Let’s see what it’s like to be god… or not… this could not work at all… I WANNA BE GOD!”

----------------------------------------------click--------------------------------------------------------

“This is your idea?” Twilight asked

“Well… y’know… yeah. What? Can’t a guy have some stupid every now and then?”

“Once again, this is not something to take lightly,” Celestia advised

“Well then how about you go over there and go-I shall withhold my comment,” I said, changing gears mid sentence.

“Wise decision. Well, try it out then,”

“Wait… you mean like… field test?” I asked, looking over to Celestia.

“Mhmm,”

“But… you… are here… and if this doesn’t work… then,”

“Bad things will happen. Just try it. Get the stupid out of your system,”

“OKAY!” I said, imitating Tucker as best as I could. I took a deep breath, and exhaled. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale…

“Ahem,” Celestia coughed.

Inhale, and here we go! I quickly loosened all the straps on the mask, and took it off. I wanted so badly to exhale in relief because I finally wasn’t stuffed up in there. Fresh air on my face! But… yeah, think of the consequences buddy. Don’t go all selfish on yourself. I grabbed the makeshift mask off the table and placed it over my mouth and nose, pulling tight on the elastic strap. I exhaled, and inhaled, and looked over to Celestia, who was giving me a sultry stare.

“Oh god…” I said meekly.

She slowly walked towards me and stared right into my fear stricken eyes. Then she started to snicker, which turned to giggling and then full blown laughter. Then I caught on with what she was doing, which was not funny in the slightest.

“Oh ha ha Celestia. This is so funny I forgot to laugh. You must be the life of the party wherever you go, I’m sure people wait all day to hear your next joke, you are quite possibly the most funny being in existence,” I said in the most monotone monotone that ever monotoned.

“I probably am. Thank you for the compliment. But yes, this does work as a temporary solution,” She said with an all to smug smile.

“Yeah… so… need anything else Princess? Or can I go back to adjusting to my new life?” I asked

“That is all for now. But I do want you to try and find out how to make more filters for your mask. I can see this failing rather quickly,” Celestia smiled, before leaving the Library and… doing something. I dunno, the door closed behind her! What do you want from me?

“So what do you want to do now?” Twilight asked me

“Uh… I never really got a feel for this town. I got small glimpses running around but… yeah. Would you mind giving me a tour?”

“That’s a really good idea actually! I can interview you on the walk! I’ll go pack up the necessary things,” She said excitedly, trotting through a door.

What does one need to pack for a walk around town?

pop

“The hell?” I asked myself. There was a small pop noise, but it didn’t sound like magic, or anything else actually. It was unnatural. I shrugged, but felt a small weight in my hand. I looked down and saw a brand new filter. I looked around quickly, scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary.

I slipped the filter into a pocket as Twilight came back into the room. I shall investigate this further at a later date. Or later today… whenever I have time to kill I suppose.

“Ready to go?” She asked, having a saddle bag filled to the brim with papers and writing materials.

“Yeah… yeah,” I said, still looking around.

----------------------------------------------click--------------------------------------------------------

“Did it work?” I asked

“Yeah! A brand new filter just appeared in Etrius’ hand. And, he reacted just like his character would,” Griffin informed me.

“Awesome! So we can intervene with console commands and what not,”

“Did we just become gods of this world?” Griffin asked me

“Probably!” I shouted back, a mischievous grin forming on my face.

Author's Note:

EEEEY I'm not dead! it just took me multiple months to get my lazy ass to write another chapter... I'm sorry please don't hate me...

On another note though, I have a better idea of where I'm going with this so I shall be updating more frequently.