• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 1,083 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 2: Fluttershy - That_G3_Obsessive



When Fluttershy mysteriously disappears after Rainbow Dash's Welcome Back party, Twilight knows O'Brian is up to no good again.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,083

Chapter 3: Fluttershy

It was dark, and Fluttershy was deep in concentration. As she gently reached out her front hooves to snatch the keys hooked on the sleeping human's belt, beads of sweat formed on her brow.

Fluttershy didn't have to rely on Twilight to bust her out. The main reason she was going to escape was to prove to her friends that she wasn't weak and helpless in a dangerous situation. And she had Discord on her side. If the draquonicus had helped Rainbow Dash with this, he would help his best friend even more.

Even though she had said that she appreciated her friends' criticizing of her fears, they actually stung her pretty hard. Fluttershy was weak, but that didn't mean that she had to like it. When Rainbow Dash talked about her behind her back, Fluttershy heard every word. The yellow pegasus was going to prove those whispers wrong tonight.

As she touched the key ring with the tip of her hoof, it jingled quietly. Flutters immediately snapped back to sleeping position as the human shifted. When he went back to sleep, she gently reached out again, and managed to hook the ring on her leg, carefully lifting it from its resting spot on the belt.

She was extra careful not to jingle the keys too much, or the human would catch her red-hoofed. Then Celestia knew what he would do to her.

Fluttershy's mind slipped for an instant as she recalled Rainbow saying something about him shoving her into a fishing net and dangling her over the side of the Floater. While she was distracted, the keys jangled loudly, and the human grunted.

Fluttershy snapped back to attention as he rolled onto his side, and she saw his eyes were open. The pegasus stifled a scream when she realized that he was still asleep. Creepy.

As she sorted through the keys, trying to find the one that opened the lock on her chains, the human started drooling in his sleep. Flutters had to stifle another sound, but a giggle this time.

"...mommy..." he mumbled, and started sucking his hoof. The Equestrian had to stuff her hoof in her mouth to keep from bursting out laughing. She got back to work, and soon found the right key. As soon as she turned it, it made a rusty grinding sound and clicked as the lock sprung open.

The human's eyes began to come into focus. Fluttershy frantically thought of something as he woke up, and soon began singing her favorite lullaby from when she was a filly.

Hush now, quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head,

Hush now, quiet now, it's time to go to bed!

Oooh, off to sleep, and leave the past behind you,

Oooh, off to sleep, it's time for dreams to find you!

Hush now, quiet now, it's time to go to bed!

The human soon reached out, and grabbing Fluttershy, started snuggling with her in his sleep. Great. She looked around for something about her size to replace with her body, and saw a small teddy bear under the hull of the Floater. But it was too far away for her to reach without waking the human.

For the first time in her life, she wished that she was a unicorn so she could reach the teddy bear. Her life probably depended on it.

The pegasus slowly reached out a back hoof towards the teddy bear, but missed. Drat, she thought as she tried again and failed. She reached for it many times, but in each try she fell just short of her goal.

Flutters suddenly heard squawking on the horizon. She shifted the best she could and saw the faint outline of seagulls against the sunrise.

Sunrise? she had been fruitlessly reaching for that teddy bear for hours, and now the human was stirring against her body.

I'm doomed... she thought, but then her attention was drawn by the seagulls, that were getting closer to the Floater. The yellow pegasus called out to them by singing her favorite tune. They got closer, squawking loudly. She motioned for them to hush, then pointed at the teddy bear.

Special talent, don't fail me now, she prayed as the seagulls landed inside the Floater. Fluttershy pointed at the teddy bear again, then at herself, desperately hoping the seagulls understood.

One flew down to grab the teddy bear. Yes! she thought as she flailed her hoof towards herself. Bring it to me!

The seagull gave her a look like, You crazy, pony, then took off with the teddy bear.

No! Fluttershy's heart dropped like a stone as it dropped the teddy bear into the sea. Her only hope for life. Gone forever.

Suddenly there was a flash of scales in the blue sea, and the teddy bear came sailing back towards the Floater. All Fluttershy saw was a fin, a bright aqua eye, and some silver scales, and then the creature was gone.

It was too big to be a fish, and sharks didn't have scales. Fluttershy was too preoccupied with catching the teddy bear to catch more details.

Finally she got it. The Equestrian slipped out of the human's grasp and quickly replaced herself with the teddy bear, now slightly damp, but still in tact.

It was too late to escape tonight. As she locked the chains back around her legs before the human could wake up, she sat on the key ring.

She would fly away the next night, but for now, she was stuck getting farther and farther from Equestria.

Author's Note:

I used the lyrics to Sweetie's version of the lullaby but used Fluttershy's tune. I hope that's okay...

And she locked the chains back up to keep the human from noticing that she had almost escaped. She still has the keys, remember.

Also, with the mysterious creature in the ocean... more on that later.