• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 1,082 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 2: Fluttershy - That_G3_Obsessive



When Fluttershy mysteriously disappears after Rainbow Dash's Welcome Back party, Twilight knows O'Brian is up to no good again.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,082

Prologue: Twilight Sparkle

Ever since visiting Fluttershy's cottage everyday since Discord's warning, Twilight Sparkle, a purple and magenta alicorn, had been slacking on the "daily visits." She only came every so often, and not for very long.

Every time she went, the meadow-yellow pegasus assured her she was fine and that she didn't need to be checked on everyday. Her other friends, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, had said the same thing.

Twilight was on the lookout for O'Brian, a human that had come to Equestria and kidnapped Rainbow Dash. Twilight had been forced to go through the magic portal that led to the human world to rescue her. Rainbow had received new and mysterious gifts and powers upon meeting herself from the other world, but hadn't been able to try them out yet due to both her wings being severely broken and were still healing. It would be another few days before she would be allowed to unfold her wings, much less fly. The cyan pegasus had been kicked out of her cloud home and was currently staying in the Golden Oaks library with Twilight and her baby dragon Spike while she healed. Discord, a sly draquonicus, had warned her that sometime soon another pony would be kidnapped by O'Brian when he returned for revenge, and she had been checking up on them to make sure he didn't pull a sly one on the ponies.

But recently, however, she hadn't checked up on her friends for three days. She had seen all of them at the town marketplace except Fluttershy, but she was going to her cottage today.

"Hey, Twilight!" called Rainbow Dash from Twilight's bedroom. "Have you seen Fluttershy recently? She's been watching Tank while I'm here, and I want to check up on him!"

"I'm going there now!" Twilight yelled back. "You can come if you want!"

"Okay!" she agreed, then jumped down from the ledge.

"Rainbow, you know you're not supposed to do that until your leg is completely healed," Twilight sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Rainbow rolled her eyes. Typical. "Let's go!"

Twilight sighed again. There were no rules for this pony. Nothing got in her way. "Fine."

They set out for Fluttershy's cottage, which resided at the edge of Ponyville. Before they even got close, the ponies could here the chirps and squeaks of all the little woodland creatures she took care of. But something was wrong. The chirps weren't excited or happy. They were anxious, like they were scared. They were never scared as long as Flutters was with them.

Twilight picked up the pace, and soon they could see the small birdhouses that dotted the woods outside her home.

Angel Bunny, Fluttershy's favorite pet, sprinted towards them. He looked really scared.

"Something's up," muttered Rainbow, then started galloping towards the small cottage. Angel ran just ahead, urgently motioning for them to hurry.

Twilight ran ahead and knocked on the door. Fluttershy didn't answer. Twilight knocked again, harder. Still no answer.

She sprung open the door with her magic and hopped in. Flutters was no where to be found. The house was dark, and all the window's shutters were locked.

"She's gone. It looks like for a few days, too," Twilight observed. "I don't know who could have done it, but-"

"It's that creep who stole me and tried to sell me to a pet shop!" growled Rainbow. "Why, I'll-"

Twilight stuck out her hoof to stop the pegasus from running to the coast of Equestria and swimming to the human world. The ponies had discovered that the human world was just across the sea from Equestria when Rainbow was kidnapped and taken to the human world on a giant floaty-thing. The mirror was just a shortcut to Canterlot High.

"Why did I slack off on checking on her!" Twilight nearly wailed. "The poor pony is probably having twenty heart-attacks a day, and we didn't even know about it!"

"I'll fly across the sea and..." Rainbow trailed off. She glanced at her bound wings with utter disgust and sighed. "Right."

"I have to go through the mirror again," said Twilight. "Maybe the same thing that happened to you will happen to Fluttershy if I unite her to her human self from the other world."

"I'm coming, too!" demanded Rainbow.

"No!" Twilight almost shouted. "I already lost you once, I don't want to lose you again!"

"But-" Rainbow protested.

"No," the princess interrupted. There was no argument on this one.

"Fine," Rainbow sighed. "Just bring me back a snowglobe or something."

* * *

"She's been WHAT?!?" Rarity cried. Her crystal-blue eyes widened with fear, stretching the mascara she always wore.

"Kidnapped. Just like Rainbow," Twilight confirmed.

"How in tarnation did we not notice?" Applejack covered her face with her hat in shame.

"I'll set up the welcome home party for when you get back!" Pinkie raised her hoof.

"Not now, Pinkie Pie!" snapped Rainbow, and all the ponies started arguing.

"STOP IT!!!" Twilight shouted over the din. "Fluttershy could be in danger, and we're all sitting her bickering about a party! I need to get through the portal and rescue her!"

"I'll pack your bags," offered Rarity, holding up saddle-bags with her sky-blue magic. Her horn glowing, she packed a ton of clothes and food and other things she would need on the trip.

"Uh... Rarity?" Applejack looked confused. "Why in Equestria would Twilight need eyelash curlers and a hairdryer?"

"Well, wait until she is in desperate need to curl her lashes and she forgot to pack her curlers!" Rarity snapped, then went back to shoving three hairbrushes into the bags.

"Rarity, I appreciate your care, but I really don't need my Gala dress," Twilight reasoned awkwardly as Rarity shoved twenty outfits into the bags, which were beginning to burst at the seams.

"Fine," she lifted all of the junk out of the luggage. All that was left was the outfit from her birthday party last year and a few Sweet Apple AcresTM products. She gently set the saddle-bags onto Twilight's back.

"Oooh, I'm so exited! It's been awhile since I've seen Shining Armor and Cadence!" giggled Pinkie as they filed towards the train station.

"Uh, you just saw them last week," Rainbow rolled her eyes as they sat down to wait for the Friendship Express.

"Yeah! That was forever!" the pink earth pony pulled at her bottom eyelids for effect. All the ponies laughed despite the situation.

"The Cryyyystal Empire!" shouted the conductor pony as the train pulled into the station.

"Come on!" Pinkie Pie literally bounced onto the train.

Twilight rolled her eyes at the crazy pony's antics, then boarded the train herself. Just like last time, only completely different.

Twilight wasn't scared of being hurt while rescuing her friend from a madman. She was scared that Fluttershy would be hurt, and Twilight knew that the poor pony's heart couldn't take too much fright.

Author's Note:

Note: Please read my first story about Rainbow Dash first. This gives away some answers, but if you don't mind being in the dark for this, that's not my problem. Just don't go asking questions about "Who is this O'Brian character?" or "Why is Rainbow injured?" I won't answer those. Thank you.