• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,101 Views, 6 Comments

Destined Stars Act 1 - Of Stars and Runes - Velvet-Fresh



The 108 stars of Destiny shall be brought together for a miracle, their leader? Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
2
 6
 1,101

Act 1 Part 8

Part 8 [Rendezvous at Everfree Castle - Debriefing/Surprising Meeting at Canterlot]

Back in the meeting room in the Castle, the mane 6 chatted among themselves as they wait for the Princess to step forward. "Ohh, I wonder if she is planning a big celebration party, maybe I can help~" Pinkie excitedly said, Twilight shook her head but smile "I don't think so, but it's probably important that she asked to talk to us first than the soldiers." Applejack tapped her chin "Still mighty fine fighting you did Pinkie. How's everypony doing?" she asked then Fluttershy replied "Everyone's doing alright.. the animals fare ine too, there are some minor injuries that need some medical attention but Nurse Redheart and the others are helping the medics from Canterlot so they'll be ok .. I hope" she scratches at the floor, looking down hiding her worried face with her mane.

Celestia and Luna entered the room, clearing her throat the Princess of the Sun spoke clearly "Thank for coming today bearers of Harmony. I thank you all for your efforts, and congratulation Twilight, you led the unit quite well." she smiled at her, causing the Unicorn to beam in pride "However the threat still remains, I am certain the Griffon Embassy will be seeking an audience with us soon, and I hope you girls can come to Canterlot with us later to wait for them. I am sure the Ambassador will want to know about this transgression." she stated firmly. "We have reason to believe their actions are sanctioned or ordered, if not by the king but still a strong political player. We have yet no evidence to accuse King Talon of breaching our treaty." Luna explained. "That is why we would like you those who can come to Canterlot follow us. The rest can remain to help Ponyville rebuild and heal. "I volunteer!" the hyper pink pony says as she cannonball with a 'weee' shout into Twilight, phasing into her. Twilight could only shudder, shaking her body. "Pinkie, don't do that!!" Celestia could only quirk a brow "The journeyman's stone? convenient. " she nods approvingly.

"Sorry Twi, ah have to help my family." AJ sighs tipping her hat. Twilight smiled "it's ok Applejack, make sure the others are alright." Fluttershy spoke next "I'll stay too.. because.. i want to help the medics.. and keep an eye on the animals." but also Griffons scare her but she won't tell them that, Dash is willing to go "Of course I'll go!, i got to keep ya safe." "I'll go too." Rarity spoke up "I am quite curious what griffon officials wear and it is Canterlot~" she then walk up to Twilight, phasing into her party too. "I'll follow them sister, we'll meet you at canterlot" Celestia gave Luna a nod and a smile before teleporting away. "Let us go Twilight Sparkle" Luna said as she walked into her. "I probably won't be able to get used to 'that' anytime soon.." she sighs as she waves goodbye to her 3 friends before exiting the room and castle. She headed back to town to board the train to Canterlot.

Once there they arrived to Canterlot Castle without much issue. Luna walks out to talk to the guards at the throne room doors "My sister is expecting us. Warn us if the ambassador for the griffons arrive, we're expecting them." They parted ways, Luna step back into Twilight allowing her to enter. Once there, Luna step out again to stand by her sister's side as Dash, Pinkie and Rarity flank Twilight facing them. "Good to see you arrived quickly, now then. We wa-" she didn't even need to finish the sentence long as the doors slammed open causing Twilight to jump, she and her friends move out of the way in time for an elder looking Griffon to strut in. Stopping just steps away from the throne room. "What is the meaning of this Celestia? Why have you imprisoned our general?!" he outright demanded with a snarl. Her eternal mask still in place she reply curtly "He had besieged an Equestrian Village without provocation, how else do you expect me to respond? No, don't answer that. Instead, let me ask; Why did General Silverwing attacked my ponies?" she lean forward, her eyes lowering slightly. He grunts "you suspect we provoked you? Maybe they did something to deserve that?!" "WHAT?! WHy you!" Dash shouted snorting in anger but was held back magically before she did something rash. "Rainbow, Stop! But I implore you sir, our town had done nothing to warrant such a brazen attack!" "Bah, how is he was defeated by such weak ponies, is such a mystery! No matter. In the behalf of my country and king we demand his release Celestia!" he pointed a talon at him. The ponies gasped at his bold demand. "And if I don't?" she internally smirk at him fuming. He begun to march out "The King will hear about this. There might be war if you don't see to reason!" he cried as he leaves.

"Princess.." Twilight found the courage to step forward. "What do we do now?" she asks, Celestia in all her years.. all her wisdom could only lean back. Sighing as she had decided from the start. In her mind whoever is pulling the strings. The king, or another faction it won't matter. The only way she can drive the answer out is play to their hands.. for now. She sadly looks at her sister and to her student, her answer will weigh into what Fate has in store for Equestria. "Gather the guards, the army. I'm putting Equestria into Martial Law." she stated firmly. She could only look ahead and into Twilight's eyes.


"We are going to war."