• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,101 Views, 6 Comments

Destined Stars Act 1 - Of Stars and Runes - Velvet-Fresh



The 108 stars of Destiny shall be brought together for a miracle, their leader? Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
2
 6
 1,101

Act 1 Part 3

Part 4 [Everfree Forest -Day-]

Twilight could only gulp as she nervously look at the forest infront of her. "Well alright girls, let's get this over with." she said trying to sound confident as she steps forward, her friends following behind. They stopped as a figure walked towards them from the forest path.

The figure's face hidden behind a brown hooded cloak spoke out. "Halt my friends, before i let you pass. I must give you this so you will last." She hands a blue medallion to Twilight.

"Uh.. thanks..wait.. Zecora?" Twilight said realizing who she is speaking to.

"Who else my purple friend." she pulls her hood back, revealing the zebra "But let us not derail." she retorts. Walking towards them, with a more serious expression. "That artifact i gave you is called the journeyman's stone. It will make your group feel as one." She explained. "Now just hold onto it, and let your friends walk towards you." she instructed.

Hesitant at first but she nods to her two friends, they walked towards her but only finds themselves being sucked in their purple leader. "Wha.. Dash, Applejack.. where did you go?"

"Right ere sugarcube." Applejack replied as she walked out of Twilight "Wooowee.. that felt weird."

"Yeah.." Dash also walked out of Twilight. "Kinda feels awkward."

"as i said, this stone will make your group feel as one. Literally." Zecora smiles. "It's a magical artifact that allow a party of six to venture together without delay. So i wish you well, for this is all i want to say." With that she pulled her hood back up before trotting back into the forest, disappearing into the foliage.

Pocketing the stone into her inventory, more confident than ever. "Let's go girls." they nod and walk into her again.

Twilight began to walk into the forest, in a quick pace she walked down a dirt road path looking around her, taking a turn at the corner when suddenly in a 'crack' of a branch. She turns around only to find 3 wolves leap out of a nearby bush, growling at her, her friends walked out of her getting into stance. "Ready egghead? let show you how to really tussel." Dash smirks and snorts confidently as she eyes the three wolves.

Levitating and old book infront of her "As i said, i came prepared.. and before you make a 'read them to death' joke. I'm not going to, i know a few combat spells." She hold a hoof up stopping Dash in making said joke.

"Look alive girls, less chit chat. more bucking" Applejack said as she stands on Twilight's right and Dash to the left, [Cue screen shatter] Applejack was the first to make a move, she rush forward attacks the wolf in the middle of the pack with a one hoof buck, before jumping back into her position, the wolf staggers lightly showing he had received some damage from the farm pony's attack. Rainbow Dash was next to strike, she flare her wings and rushed forward, flying through the wolf at the right, hurting it before she flies back to her position. Twilight was last of the girls to make their moves as she stays in her place, one quick open of her book her horn flash sending a small purple magical energy that struck the left wolf with accuracy. The wolves, wounded growls and take their turns to strike, Dash easily jumped back from an claw swipe and so did Applejack.

Twilight was unfortunate to be slower than her friends, she couldn't react in time as a claw from a wolf struck her. "ah!" She yelped in pain, winching. "That stings.." she shook her head.

"You ok Twilight?" Dash asked concerned.

"I will be, thanks to this. Cover me." they nod, as they both Dash and AJ took their turns in attacking the wolves again, Dash's attack was able to knocked one of them out, it gave a howl before dropping to the side seemingly disappearing from the fields. Twilight then raise her hoof, as she used one of the potions she brought along to heal her own wounds, a green glow surround her and she felt healed. The remaining wolves lunged forward to attack, only this time Twilight manage to evade the strike so did Dash. Only Two remained and Twilight upted to finish one off, she attacked it with another well aim magic blast, it was a critical hit causing the wolf to pass out and fade away. Only one remains, Applejack and Dash smiles at each other, they both raised their hooves a glow of light surround them and they both jump forward, Applejack bucked the wolf into the air, Dash flew high, catching it in midair, giving it a couple of punches and another kick downwards, AJ manage to lasso it mid air and with a tug of her teeth she sends it hurling down unto the ground, knocking it out cold. They have won. "Wow girls, never knew you were that strong, your unity was perfect!" Twilight complimented her friends on their teamwork.

"Shucks it was nothing" Applejack could only rub the back of her head.

"I was wrong about you egghead, you CAN Fight." Dash could only chuckle, she turns around to see the wolves gone and in their places 3 small bags. "Hey, they drop something." she flew towards a sack, opening it to inspect whats inside. "Wow, 5 bits!" she grins as she pocketed the loot.

"Wait, they dropped bits?" she scratched her head. "Why are they even carrying anything?"

"Who cares, we're 15 bits richer!" she grins as she pocketed the sacks, noticing their stares "..What? I dropped out of flight school doesn't mean I'm that stupid, i can do math." she glares at them.

Twilight deadpanned. "Mind if i hold onto the bits? Please?" making the Pegasus grumble and she hand Twilight the sacks. "Thank you." she smiles, ready to put the sacks into her pouch "Hey.. one of the sacks feel heavier." she said then open the sack up, pulling out a bottle. "Hey, a potion. Cool, i don't need to buy a new one."

The two girls then walk into Twilight again, and they continue along deeper into the forest, while walking towards a fork, Twilight could see something on the left path, so she decide to run towards it, finding a treasure chest. She look around and touch the lock causing it to open up "Eep." she reels back. Dash stepped out and inspect the box.

"Awesome, more bits! Your a natural treasure finder aren't ya Twilight?"

"I'm not even gonna bother asking how there is a box filled with..." she looks inside "200 bits." after a few seconds. "200 bits?!" she gasped.

"Wooo, we're so loaded now!" Dash raised her hoof in victory.

"Umm.. Twi? mind if i have some? for the farm." Applejack sheepishly asked.
"No!.. Maybe... but i'll keep a hold of them for now. We can divide this with all our other friends later." she swiftly empties the treasure chest and effectively store it into her pouch. "I magically enhance my coin pouch." she explained as she trots up further "Its not like i contain a piggy bank.. or something" she plays with her hooves bashfully, Dash gives a deliberate cough earning her a glare. "Should we go?" she smiles sheepishly as the two friends walk up to twilight again.

"Right, don't want to be stuck here after sunset" with that she galloped off, heading towards the castle, crossing the river easily this time around, teleporting across =Hmm.. i wonder where's Steven? must be resting i better not disturb him= she thought as she looked away from the river and trots head.

On occasion, they encounter monsters besides other astral wolves, they have to go through fighting living plants and throne vines before they can pass through areas. They found other chests, some containing items and some particular moments the monster drop a piece of armor or accessory, aswell as the a treasure chest containing an armor piece =Odd... hmm this looks about AJ's size.. and it looks durable but light.= . she thought as she hold it up with magic "Applejack?" her friend walked out to her "Yeah sugercube?" she looked up and saw the armor floating towards her "Try it on, it'll probably help. Can't keep fighting bare now can we? .. please?"

Reluctant at first, she sighs "Fine, it does look nice and it ain't one of Rarity's frou frous." she gives a chuckle as she takes the leather armor and slips it on, testing it out "Say, this are mighty fine threads.. light, comfortable" she then gives it a hard whack with her hoof "And tough too boot."grinning "i'll keep it" and with that applejack equipped the leather coat and then walked back into Twilight as they make their journey

Finally made it to the clearing, Twilight saw the bridge ahead, her friends walked out "Whew.. we're here." Dash sighs as she flaps ahead to survey the bridge. "Dash! wait!!" Twilight tried to warn her but from the forest lunge out a small Manticore, it roars as it lands where the Pegasus was, Dash fell back and scurries back to her friends "What the hay!?" she shouted, shocked as the beast stands firm infront of the bridge. "It's a young manticore, not fully mature.. careful girls. He's still dangerous!"

"Dangerous my foot! I'm Rainbow Danger Dash!" she stands on Twilight's side, getting ready for the battle. "We'll beat em sugercube, together!" Applejack getting into stance aswell.. with a sigh Twilight pull her spell book out "No turning back girls.. It's do or die." she gulps.. the manticore giving a big roar...

[Cue screen shatter/transition to boss battle]